1334 users online (236 members and 1098 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MI - Attempted Abduction At Bangor Wal-Mart - False Alarm

An 11 year old boy exited the bathroom of Wal-Mart and was approached by a man who then grabbed the boy. The child was able to break free and ran to his parents.

There's a description of the man at link, and they hope to have video out sometime today.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...art_scene.html

Yet another reason for our poor sons to have to feel embarassed they can't go to the da*n men's room alone.

For the record I am known as the crazed aunt who made my nephews go into the ladies room until they were pretty big. Later in their years I entered a men's room and checked it out and then stood guard at the door. It makes for a real joke now that they are grown, but you best believe they'll be doing the same with their own kids. My service announcement for the day.

i did the same thing with my son .. and luckily kikas a girl so i can always keep an eye on her ..daddy wont care either he will go right into the ladies room rofl .. i know him

Filly--Are you certain that you weren't giving birth in Korea about 28 years ago? I'd swear that I raised your long lost daughter. My girl barges into guys' restrooms all the time to check on her little nephews (my grandsons). Now that she's got a tiny boy of her own, the men in this county better watch out....."woman on deck!!"

From Bangor to Boerne, WalMarts provide venues for abduction. They need more security people.

All the walmarts in my area have what are known as "family" restrooms. At first the idea creeped me out, the thought of entire families in there, moms, dads, kids peeing in teh same room all at once. Til I realized how helpful it was in solving that - how long do I continue to make my son go into the ladies room with me? dilema.

Now, no matter which of my kids needs to go, I can accompany them and not worry about leaving anyone out of my supervision. Sometimes it can be a pain to force son to go into ladies room with me accompanying and then have to make dd come in as well so she is not snatched while I am supervising her brother, etc etc. But since lots of mommies and brothers and sisters and daddies are all making use of the room for its intended purpose, it takes some of that stigma out of the whole family making a trip en masse.

The family restroom solves all that for me.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

There's an update to this story.

UPDATE: Walmart attempted abduction a false alarm

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...ted_abduc.html

Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    There's an update to this story.

UPDATE: Walmart attempted abduction a false alarm

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/i...ted_abduc.html
    Special thanks Disguiseduser.

He made the story up because he took too long in the restroom? Huh?

Well now I feel the fool. However, we got to share important information.

Gotta agree with wfgodot. Those stores are huge. Too many isles. There's no way to keep an eye on the kids in the toy isle if you want to shop. Basically it turns out your kids being rammy and you wind up leaving with nothing you intended to buy.

Kid made the story up. Can you imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    All the walmarts in my area have what are known as "family" restrooms. At first the idea creeped me out, the thought of entire families in there, moms, dads, kids peeing in teh same room all at once. Til I realized how helpful it was in solving that - how long do I continue to make my son go into the ladies room with me? dilema.

Now, no matter which of my kids needs to go, I can accompany them and not worry about leaving anyone out of my supervision. Sometimes it can be a pain to force son to go into ladies room with me accompanying and then have to make dd come in as well so she is not snatched while I am supervising her brother, etc etc. But since lots of mommies and brothers and sisters and daddies are all making use of the room for its intended purpose, it takes some of that stigma out of the whole family making a trip en masse.

The family restroom solves all that for me.
    They are great. They have them at the ballpark now which is fabulous.

We always took gentleman friends niece and nephew to the games. Those ballpark/stadium bathrooms are so big ya wind up missing half the game bringing kids to the bathrooms.

Gentleman friend had no problem letting his nephew go alone to the bathroom. You kidding me? So it was easier for me to take them both to the family bathroom.

Nobody gets hurt on Filly's watch. Thank goodness all these kids are grown. I was getting an ulcer.