1044 users online (196 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

"Way down south in Dixie"

LA - Rolando Schweikert, 29, Metairie, 29 Apr 1991

Missing since: April 29, 1991 from Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: September 26, 1961
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 170 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark brown hair; brown eyes. Tan complexion.
    •Dentals: Available. Bridge on front 4 top teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance:

Schweikert was last seen on Hearst Street in Metairie, Louisiana on April 29, 1991. His roommate is serving two life sentences for killing two women.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office
    Detective Gina Latour

Agency Case Number:

NCIC Number:
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information on this case.

Source Information:
    The Doe Network http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/368dmla.html

Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office http://www.jpso.com/Missing/MissingPerson.aspx?id=47

NamUs https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4199/135/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Queenofwands; 07-19-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added thumbnail

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

Eastern Pennsylvania
    From the Charley project page:

"Schweikert is originally from Guatemala. His life was insured for $1 million
    at the time of his disappearance, and when he was declared dead in 1999, his mother in Guatemala collected on the policy. Authorities received a tip that Schweikert is alive and well in Guatemala and disappeared intentionally in an insurance fraud scheme. This information was never verified, however, and his case remains unsolved. "

And from the Amicus Journal (this is in regards to a trial for Schweikert's roommate, Manuel Ortiz, on charges unrelated to the actual disappearance of Mr. Schweikert):

The prosecution used Schweikert’s disappearance to cast additional suspicion on Manuel at trial. However, the prosecution failed to reveal to the defense or the jury that Schweikert had been seen at his bank withdrawing funds on the day his disappearance was reported. Furthermore, Manuel’s legal team uncovered through a sworn statement of Saavedra’s son and testimony of Saavedra’s widow that Saavedra conspired with Schweikert and Schweikert’s mother to fraudulently claim the life insurance money. Moreover, at the time of the trial Schweikert was not only alive but still in contact with Saavedra!
    Link: http://goo.gl/WWnHhf

Interestingly, there is a facebook page for Rolando Schweikert in guatemala. I think the pictures could possibly be the same man, but given that the picture posted of Rolando is 20 years old, it's hard to know for sure.

ETA: There is a picture on the facebook page that seems to be about the same timeframe (or a little earlier) as the picture on charley project page, but still can't say for certain.

I'm not sure it even matters though because if the above is true, his family already knows he's not missing, and the insurance company likely closed the case long ago.
    Last edited by Redux; 02-12-2015 at 08:04 PM.

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986