GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Police say Laura Jean Ackerson, age 27 of Kinston, was last seen on July 13th at approximately 9:30 p.m. when she dropped off her two children at their father's home in Raleigh.

Commander Jennifer Canady says Ackerson is always concerned about her children and has no prior history of disappearing which is why they're saying this is suspicious.

A police report says a friend reported her missing after the woman failed to pick up her children on Friday.

Relatives say those children are one and three years old and the two would meet in Wilson to exchange them every Friday. The grandmother tells WITN News that the two were never married and this past Friday her son waited 1-1/2 hours and Ackerson never showed up.

Police report Ackerson drives a 2006 white four-door Ford Focus, with the license plate ZTL-7433.

Snipped from: http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/125806993.html (Photo at link)

Patsy Hayes is the grandmother of Laura Ackerson's children.

"As far as I know she loves her kids"

Her son Grant, from Raleigh, dated Laura for several years. She says for the last year and a half they've been caught in a custody battle over their two young sons.

Every Friday at five Laura would pick the kids up at the Sheetz, in Wilson.

"He called me Friday and he was telling me that she had not shown up. He seemed a little frustrated because he had the kids in the car for an hour and a half and they were hot."

Ackerson's friend and business partner Chevon Mathes says the last time she talked with her was Wednesday afternoon. She says Ackerson was happy. She had just landed three new clients for their marketing business and had two more appointments that day. That was the last time she heard from her.

"She always had her little boys and she seemed like a great mother."

Ackerson's next door neighbor just heard she was missing.

"I'm shocked because she doesn't seem like the type of person that would just go missing and not tell anyone where she's going."

"I'm just hopeful. Maybe she was just wanting to get away and took off wanting to be with friends and family and that's what I'm hopeful about."

Mathes is the one who reported Ackerson missing. She was too emotional to go on camera, but say Ackerson talked to her kids twice a day- and if she was going to leave town she would have taken the boys with her.

Nine On Your Side tried talking with the father, Grant Haze, but he didn't return our calls.

Ackerson's friends say she had a custody hearing on august 15 where she was going to try to get split custody of the children.

Snipped: http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/jul/19/8/police-need-help-locating-missing-kinston-woman-ar-1220116/

this makes me think that the children primarily live with their father.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8258602

According to a police report, a friend reported her missing after she failed to pick up her children from her ex-husband's house on Friday.

"She tries to see them as often as possible," said Jason Ackerson. "Something's happened to her, I think."

ETA: I just saw your post above, Kaylynn. So, a custody thing.

Praying for Laura Jean Ackerson
https://www.facebook.com/groups/105001119597811

Another missing Mom Lovejac
icon9.gif

also from Kaylynn's link above:

According to Grant Haze's mother Patsy Hayes, Grant and Laura were never married. They have two children together, Grant who's three and Gentle who's one year old.

Grant married a woman named Amanda Perry in April 2010. They live in Raleigh. Laura and Grant are currently going through a custody battle.

Laura picks the children up at their pick-up point, a gas station in Wilson every Friday. She keeps them for the weekend and Grant has the kids for the week. Grant waited for an hour and a half last Friday- and Laura never showed. He hasn't heard from her at all.

Ackerson's friend and business partner Chevon Mathes says the last time she talked with her was Wednesday afternoon. She says Ackerson was happy. She had just landed three new clients for their marketing business and had two more appointments that day. That was the last time she heard from her.

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/jul/...-missing-kinston-woman-ar-1220116/#fbcomments
Is this the business Laura is a partner in?

With every meal, item or service purchased by Kinston residents outside of the city, Justin Young and Chevon Mathes saw money flowing out of the city. They wanted to keep money flowing in Kinston to keep local businesses afloat. They founded Kinston Live in May, a company that offers members exclusive deals and discounts to participating local businesses.
Co-founder Justin Young said Kinston Live helps small businesses in the area while trying to keep money in the local economy. “With people going out of town to spend money, we lose what jobs we do have here in Kinston,” he said. “We aim to reverse the effect by boosting the businesses and making it so the smaller business can get extra exposure.”

http://www.enctoday.com/news/home-74834-kfpress-lenoir-curtains.html

This is maddening!

And I can't help but be suspicious of the father and his new wife. I hate that I feel that way.

Anytime there's a custody battle going on, and someone goes missing, I feel the same way.

This is maddening!

And I can't help but be suspicious of the father and his new wife. I hate that I feel that way.

I hate feeling cynical, but I thought the same thing myself.

Why did the friend report her missing? If my ex/so failed to pick up our kids and never returned my phone calls, I would at least call someone who knows him and see if everything was ok. Regardless of hard feelings.

Is this missing mom getting the same sort of local attention as the murders of Nancy Cooper and Michelle Young, or more like Janet Abaroa, or maybe more like the Maria Lauterbach, or more like a couple of other women that went unnoticed?

also from Kaylynn's link above:

Odd how apparently GH married his current wife in April 2010 yet his youngest with Laura is reported to be 1 year old?

I have found his facebook page (it's public and pretty easy to find) and on a photo of him and the children in his profile pictures he says they are three and 21 months- this would make more sense.

Also it appears that him and his new wife have a baby together? Looks like a girl IMO. Judging by his pictures it seems like he absolutely adores his kids! Hmmm maybe the custody battle was threatening the perfect picture??

He also has his own website- appears to be some sort of singer/ music producer

Odd how apparently GH married his current wife in April 2010 yet his youngest with Laura is reported to be 1 year old?

I have found his facebook page (it's public and pretty easy to find) and on a photo of him and the children in his profile pictures he says they are three and 21 months- this would make more sense.

Also it appears that him and his new wife have a baby together? Looks like a girl IMO. Judging by his pictures it seems like he absolutely adores his kids! Hmmm maybe the custody battle was threatening the perfect picture??

He also has his own website- appears to be some sort of singer/ music producer

Gosh! Those children are absolutely beautiful! It looks like the sister was born 6/9/11.

I know pictures can be deceiving, but those children look like they are well taken care of and cherished by both the father and step-mom.

The pics of the dad don't raise any red flags to me. JMO

Found an old myspace that was Laura and Grant's together apparently. Clearly in happier times. I wish I knew how to mirror, but the link is here:

http://www.myspace.com/thehazes

They do list themselves as married, so perhaps they just considered themselves married, even if legally they were not.

I'm glad the car has been found. Hopefully it will shed some light on this baffling case.

The location where the car was found is extremely close to Umstead Park. I don't like the sound of this..prayers for Laura. No mention of her parents/family other than the children...

ETA: I see there is a brother named Jason

The location where the car was found is extremely close to Umstead Park. I don't like the sound of this..prayers for Laura. No mention of her parents/family other than the children...

ETA: I see there is a brother named Jason

Hi Boodles. For those of us non-locals is there anything significant about Umstead Park?

It's a state park, a huge plot of woods, lakes (non-swimming) and trails. I don't want to sound like an alarmist; it just occurred to me it's awfully close to an extremely large densely wooded area. It's thousands of acres and borders on the airport, I believe. At this moment, we are having a huge downpour (I am by the park).

When they say she was last seen in Raleigh, I wonder where in Raleigh she was seen.

I sure hope she just decided to skip town for a short va-ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304