So over all-things-Casey --- Anyone else?

MvD

Reaction score
For me, it started Monday. I tuned in to watch my usual news shows like jvm, Nancy Grace, etc., and seriously after about 5 minutes of it, I was changing channel to watch seinfeld reruns instead. Yesterday, when I heard about possible kc sighting in orlando, I actually rolled my eyes and thought "who cares?!". Just wondering if anyone else has also reached this state of total apathy in regards to kc? I honestly don't care where she is or isn't.. I'd rather watch paint drying. Don't get me wrong, I care about little Caylee, and welcome any news/progress on honoring her, getting Caylee's Law passed, etc. I don't agree with the jury's verdict but it is what it is... and like it or not, I've accepted it. The 'fat lady' has sang as far as my interest in kc... Only thing I want to dear on news about her is her <modsnip> next arrest... For someone as enthralled with this case as I was, this newly found disinterest not only surprises me, but makes me feel, for lack of a better word, free.
So I'm curious, is anyone else feeling this too?

(Mods-please move or remove at your discretion)

I am with you. After I saw her walk out of jail I just had this feeling of good riddens. Out of habit I flip the channel to HLN and within a few minutes I am watching something else. The bad thing is after 3 years of obsessing over this case my family has finally become interested. So even though I am over it my hubby comes home and says "turn it on Nancy Grace so we can hear the latest about FCA." (sigh)

Over and Done! let me know when she's committed the next crime or when she's opened her mouth about precious caylee and the truth! Til' then.. lots of current cases of missing children that can use our time, attention and donations.

Right there with ya. Last night resorted to watching Sweet Home Alabama and then America's got Talent.....
I'm actually thinking of canceling my cable subscription - downgrade to basic. There is abosolutely nothing on TV that I give a rip about watching.
As long as I can get Discovery Channel, History Channel....I'm good.

While it may not seem that way if I am reading and posting here, I am.

I wish the news stations would all STOP talking about her now. It is still a daily topic and I find it irritating as there is real news to be broadcast or printed. When KC gets into more trouble, televise that, until then, I am sick of hearing about nothing. It is a waste of valuable broadcast time/print time now. It is over. Let it end.

Over and Done! let me know when she's committed the next crime or when she's opened her mouth about precious caylee and the truth! Til' then.. lots of current cases of missing children that can use our time, attention and donations.

Thanks, I totally agree. I'm still showing up on Websleuths every morning out of habit. After 3 years it's hard not to. But, I couldn't care less where Casey is and what she's doing. I'm glad others feel the same way. She can just fade into oblivion now, I don't ever want to see her evil face again.

It's apparent now that she's not going to become the celebrity she thought she would. It's funny that her handlers are going to such lengths to keep her safe, and in the end it's not going to pay off $$ for them.

There are more important things going on in our country right now. Caylee will never be forgotten, but the rest of the family can fall off the face of the earth for all I care. Of course, should an interesting story come to light, I will be interested, but until then - they don't deserve our energy.

My interest is tapering off. I still admit to enjoying the mental exercise of trying to move all the pieces to the story until the truth comes out. It's truly like no case I can recall. Sadly, the reason for the mental exercise is a dead child and that almost makes me feel guilty for enjoying the sleuthing. But I will never apologize for pursuing the truth.

When I was in High School my best friend died in a car accident. He was that one friend everyone has since kindergarten. Counselors and religious people gave me the "he's with god" talk, and all of that, and they were well-intentioned, but what does a 16-year old know of mortality and perspective?

A wise, older man said to me at that time, "Sheba, I'm going to tell you something now and it hurts me to do this. Sometimes there is no silver lining. Sometimes there are no lessons learned and no moral victories. Sometimes bad stuff just happens and that's how it is. There is evil in the world and there is bad and don't always spend your time looking for justification or a positive spin. Just accept it".

20 years later, he's still right. It opened my eyes.

KC is one of those bad things in the world. As such I will put her in a little box and throw that box away. I will not forget her, because I need to remind myself never to spend one thin dime or one second on anything relating to her even remotely, and to quite literally confront others about this issue. (Me in the supermarket: "don't buy that magazine. Don't feed that beast.)

But active mental energy on KC? I've spent enough. I'll tune in if she confesses. And honestly, I hope she takes this second chance that god apparently wanted her to have and makes something of her life.

Yeah - I'm the same way....no TV but I'm still checking out websleuths regularly. Trying to decide which case to follow next...I'm fascinated by true crime. Been reading back some of the JBR stuff. Another little girl without justice :(

Stick a fork in me - I'm DONE!

I will NEVER forget Caylee, but I am doing my best to forget the whole lot of 'em (Anthony's that is).

I say, I'm doing my best becuase clearly I am back HERE reading & commenting. I just want to know that in SOME WAY Casey will get her comeuppance in life. Unfortunatly I will be waiting a while.....

I'm through giving the Anthonys (the whole crew) any more of my time and energy. But I love Websleuths and will continue to check in. Will never get so emotionally involved in another case...it's just too painful when justice takes the day off.

I am over KC too. Tired of hearing about her. The only thing I want to hear is that she is back in jail and I will be happy to write to media entities trying to prohibit her from making any $$ off the murder of her child. Otherwise I have no interest in her other than preventing her from making a $$. I would also love to hear she is scrubbing floors in outer mongolia and that everyone shuns her, ie, everyone hates her and she is miserable and living a miserable life. I hope everyone becomes bored with her so that no one in the story can make a dime off of her. The Anthonys are all liars anyway. I don't know why anyone would want to hear from any of them thru a book or tv or interview or anything else.

I don't bother to even read the topics that are about Casey, specifically. I'm done speculating about how much money she will make off her daughter's murder. The only topic that still interests me in this case is why some people agree with the jury's decision.

If you really want to move on from this case, in the User CP, there's an option where you can choose to not have topics from the Caylee forum show up when you click "New Posts".

I am not going to waste any more Brain Cells (I have precious few to spare as it is LOL!! ) on any of the Anthony Clan.. If the media would STOP harping about every thing KC she would get the message that she isn't all that.. and that nobody actually gives a shi# where she is, what she's doing or who she's doing it with...
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

I've somewhat disconnected myself as well. I quit watching news after her sentencing and only watched again for a few minutes after she was released. HLN was beating it to death imo and it got old real fast not to mention the fact that every time I hear about her I just get angry and depressed about it. I also got irritated that after her conviction and sentencing it seemed that they were starting to buy or perhaps consider the possibility that the sexual abuse allegations could have happened. It seemed they were starting to believe somewhat the crazy story JB fed everybody in his OS and that irritated me.

That said though, I do come here and check in a few times a day when I have time or think of it b/c I like to hear what others here have to say. And it's easier to filter what I want to hear and don't hear about KC.

ETA: I also believe by not watching the news I'm not feeding the media to continue to broadcast her 24/7. And I have been and will be boycotting watching/reading anything related to her or her DT (interviews/specials/guests on a show).

My interest is tapering off. I still admit to enjoying the mental exercise of trying to move all the pieces to the story until the truth comes out. It's truly like no case I can recall. Sadly, the reason for the mental exercise is a dead child and that almost makes me feel guilty for enjoying the sleuthing. But I will never apologize for pursuing the truth.

When I was in High School my best friend died in a car accident. He was that one friend everyone has since kindergarten. Counselors and religious people gave me the "he's with god" talk, and all of that, and they were well-intentioned, but what does a 16-year old know of mortality and perspective?

A wise, older man said to me at that time, "Sheba, I'm going to tell you something now and it hurts me to do this. Sometimes there is no silver lining. Sometimes there are no lessons learned and no moral victories. Sometimes bad stuff just happens and that's how it is. There is evil in the world and there is bad and don't always spend your time looking for justification or a positive spin. Just accept it".20 years later, he's still right. It opened my eyes.

KC is one of those bad things in the world. As such I will put her in a little box and throw that box away. I will not forget her, because I need to remind myself never to spend one thin dime or one second on anything relating to her even remotely, and to quite literally confront others about this issue. (Me in the supermarket: "don't buy that magazine. Don't feed that beast.)

But active mental energy on KC? I've spent enough. I'll tune in if she confesses. And honestly, I hope she takes this second chance that god apparently wanted her to have and makes something of her life.

That is pretty much what I think....it's just life. Life is life. Some good, some bad. Good things happen to bad people, bad things happen to good people. That's the definition of the Caylee case in a nutshell. Sadly, I might add.
It took me a long time to realize when something bad happened in my life it wasn't God or the universe or karma out to get me. Some things are just LIFE. Don't get me wrong, I do believe Casey will have to answer for her actions one day. But in between then and now, I don't care if she stars in a Hollywood movie, writes her memoirs or simply falls off a cliff. She will never get a dime from me. That's all I can do in this life.

:twocents:

As for myself ... I have had enough of CFCA, the Anthony's, JB and the DT ... 3 years of LIES, LIES and MORE LIES ...

I wish I could turn it "completely off" ... but I am still following here at WS and just tuning in to HLN just to see the "headlines" ... then muting or changing the channel.

I guess I am waiting for "something big" to happen ... :waitasec: I just know that CFCA will be back in the news and we will be seeing a "mug shot" of her in the future ... I'm hoping that maybe we will see that "mug shot" before we see any of her "interviews" ...:floorlaugh:

As to "Not Guilty Verdict" ... I am NOT over ... and NEVER WILL BE ! :furious:

It is absolutely heartbreaking that there will NEVER be Justice for Caylee ...:furious:

May she Rest in Peace ...

:(

I am with you. After I saw her walk out of jail I just had this feeling of good riddens. Out of habit I flip the channel to HLN and within a few minutes I am watching something else. The bad thing is after 3 years of obsessing over this case my family has finally become interested. So even though I am over it my hubby comes home and says "turn it on Nancy Grace so we can hear the latest about FCA." (sigh)

LOL.. The same thing happened to me this week. I was going to sleep and hubby asked if I wanted to watch. I just said who cares about KC anymore. Let's move on.

I agree - I am done as well. I only catch anything about the case on WS. I have had to stop going to my local news sites online because they just keep on with it. I have sent emails and told them no more, so we will see. If it comes on TV, I change channels immediately. Just sick of theo whole mess and I am also sick of that #3 juror or which ever number she was. I just want this whole mess to go away.

I've said this before but I'll say it again here anyway.

It is all just sad. Just plain sad.

I read posts that are angry on other sites and I can not even muster an angry thought about one dang thing in this case. Not one. I was angry at first that she had been missing for 31 days and not reported and so I had to go search. I just had to. Had to, had to. I could not just sit here two hours away and not go search for her. We searched multiple times, about every two weeks. The remains area was always under water. Always. As late as the first week of December there was still standing water.

When she was found I was even angrier. 'Nuff said.

Now...it is extremely puzzling to me that I am not angry.

Just sad, so sad. That is all I have left for this case. All.

Casey Anthony will be remembered for who and what she really is - the not guilty verdict absolves her of nothing in the court of public opinion.

The media needs to move on. There are other newsworthy events to cover then some California attorney prancing around a private airport in Orlando. George and Cindy Anthony need to go away too. Enough of the whole family. Caylee is dead. Let her rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back