Date LKA March 03, 1989 - 13:00
Date entered December 12, 2008
Age LKA 19 to 19 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height 61.0 inches
Weight 115.0 pounds

Circumstances Unknown. Maria was last seen at approximately 1:00pm at her job in the vicinity of E. 6th St. and S. Los Angeles St. in Los Angeles, CA. She left this location to go to another area of 9th street and Los Angeles Street to find another job. She has never been heard from again.

Physical Characteristics
Hair color Brown
Head hair Brown
Eye color Brown

Scars and marks Birthmark acpproximately 2 1/2" long on left foot, 8" birthmark on left thigh above the knee.

Namus and Charley links:
[URL="http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/medina_maria.html"]

Maria Medina has been ruled out as a match to missing person NCIC Number: U-416598679, "Andrea" from Huntington Beach, CA per an email from Allison O'Neil, Supervising Deputy Coroner, OCSD

The age might be off, but the LA coroners website lists her as 12+. The timing is very close, and Medina was walking towards 9th street, which crosses 8th. Where this UID was found. No mention of tatoos on Medina.

The Doe Network:
Case File 484UFCA

Reconstruction of Victim by Natalie Murry

Unidentified Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on May 25, 1989 in Los Angeles, California
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 12-15 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 124 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; dark brown, curly and shoulder length hair.
Tattoos: There is a patterned tattoo on the front of the right thigh in sort of an oval-diamond pattern. Below this is some lettering which may possibly read "P backward -O-H". Below this is a tattoo with the letter "S", one above and the other below it, extending lateral to these is some other lettering (very difficult to read).
Clothing: She wore a blue t-shirt, faded blue/black jeans, beige bra, green or white panties, white socks with read trim and black shoes.
Jewelry: White-metal ring with lion head; white metal ring with green stone; heart shape yellow-metal ring; yellow metal I.D. bracelet; yellow metal chain; yellow metal chain with charms of a heart, rose & a St. Christopher medal; yellow metal ear stud with a charm; yellow metal earring stud with a clear stone.
Fingerprints: Available.
Dentals: Natural teeth with no fillings.
Case History
The victim is believed to have been dumped in the alley of 1200 W. 8th Street in Los Angeles.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Los Angeles County Coroner
Daniel Machian
323-343-0754 Or 323-222-0343
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
1989-05285

NCIC Number:
U-374457983

Date LKA March 03, 1989 - 13:00
Date entered December 12, 2008
Age LKA 19 to 19 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height 61.0 inches
Weight 115.0 pounds

Circumstances Unknown. Maria was last seen at approximately 1:00pm at her job in the vicinity of E. 6th St. and S. Los Angeles St. in Los Angeles, CA. She left this location to go to another area of 9th street and Los Angeles Street to find another job. She has never been heard from again.

Physical Characteristics
Hair color Brown
Head hair Brown
Eye color Brown

Scars and marks Birthmark acpproximately 2 1/2" long on left foot, 8" birthmark on left thigh above the knee.

Namus and Charley links:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1290/7/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/medina_maria.html

I re-posted with correct/working links...

The age might be off, but the LA coroners website lists her as 12+. The timing is very close, and Medina was walking towards 9th street, which crosses 8th. Where this UID was found. No mention of tatoos on Medina.

The Doe Network:
Case File 484UFCA

Reconstruction of Victim by Natalie Murry

Unidentified Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on May 25, 1989 in Los Angeles, California
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 12-15 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 124 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; dark brown, curly and shoulder length hair.
Tattoos: There is a patterned tattoo on the front of the right thigh in sort of an oval-diamond pattern. Below this is some lettering which may possibly read "P backward -O-H". Below this is a tattoo with the letter "S", one above and the other below it, extending lateral to these is some other lettering (very difficult to read).
Clothing: She wore a blue t-shirt, faded blue/black jeans, beige bra, green or white panties, white socks with read trim and black shoes.
Jewelry: White-metal ring with lion head; white metal ring with green stone; heart shape yellow-metal ring; yellow metal I.D. bracelet; yellow metal chain; yellow metal chain with charms of a heart, rose & a St. Christopher medal; yellow metal ear stud with a charm; yellow metal earring stud with a clear stone.
Fingerprints: Available.
Dentals: Natural teeth with no fillings.
Case History
The victim is believed to have been dumped in the alley of 1200 W. 8th Street in Los Angeles.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Los Angeles County Coroner
Daniel Machian
323-343-0754 Or 323-222-0343
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
1989-05285

NCIC Number:
U-374457983

It sounds possible that they could match but I am new at this. Should we submit this? The pictures don't match too closely but the unidentified is listed as having curly hair and it appears straight in the reconstruction so who knows how much detail went it to the photo reconstruction. I also could not find this UID on the NamUs site.

I was going to give the coroners office a call. I could not find her in NAMUS either. I cannot imagine they didn't look into this already, but you never know.

I sent an email to the LA county coroner. I will post again when I hear something back from them.

"Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,
A DNA profile comparison was done between the decedent’s DNA profile and the DNA profile of the biological mother of MP Maria Medina on 5/17/2010.
The results of the DNA profile comparison confirmed that this was not a match. The decedent is not MP Maria Medina. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me."

The search continues

Police Release Age-Progressed Sketch Of Woman Who Went Missing In 1989
December 12, 2014 12:02 PM
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...sed-sketch-of-woman-who-went-missing-in-1989/
maria-gabriela-medina-1989-and-2014.jpg

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — <snip>
After 25 years, the Medina family is appealing again to the public for help finding their sister and daughter.
<snip>
Anyone with information on Medina’s whereabouts can contact the LAPD Missing Persons Unit at (213) 996-1800.

Maria has been missing for 26 years today.

Maria Gabriela Medina – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Maria Gabriela Medina
  • maria_gabriela_medina_1.jpg
Medina, circa 1989

• Missing Since03/03/1989
  • Missing FromLos Angeles, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth03/25/1989 (30)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight5'1, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black skirt, a gray sweater with a black stripe, and beige shoes. Carrying a black purse.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Medina has an eight-inch birthmark on her left thigh and a two-and-a-half-inch birthmark on her left foot. She may go her middle name, Gabriela.
Details of Disappearance
Medina was last seen at approximately 1:00 p.m. on March 3, 1989, at her place of employment in the vicinity of east 6th Street and south Los Angeles Street in Los Angeles, California. She left this location to go to the area of 9th Street and Los Angeles Street to find another job. She has never been heard from again.

Few details are available in Medina's case, which remains unsolved.

From Dec. 2014

25 Years Later: Woman Still Missing

MP%20Medina.jpg

Snipped from article -

With the assistance of a police sketch artist, an age progression rendering was completed to portray what Maria Gabriela Medina may look like today. After 25 years, the family members of Ms. Medina have continued their efforts to locate their sister and daughter and are seeking the public’s assistance to bring her home.
#

Photo of Maria that I enhanced. I included the original image so that you can see the difference.

0E3A96E7-1784-42D0-8D34-A599434433AC.jpeg 565536B8-CE54-4A9D-93FE-88F8345B9555.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back