1204 users online (266 members and 938 guests)  

Websleuths News

Unhappy Witnesses to deadly crash focused on basketball star Lamar Odom and not dying teen

As 15-year-old Awsaf Islam lay dying on a Sunnyside street last Thursday, bystanders focused on Lakers star Lamar Odom, who emerged unscathed from one of the wrecked cars, they said.

"Everybody was paying attention to him. Nobody cared about the kid," said Adolfo Ramirez, 13, who witnessed the crash.

"It was messed up," witness Naldo Vasquez, 15, said. "They got excited and were asking to take photos with him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ying_teen.html

WHAT is wrong with this country? Good God! It's ridiculous how we are so fixated on "the famous" to the point that we have no concern for a dying little boy?
    This makes me sick and angry.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Shudder at the thought but it is expected with the way we glorify our celebrities. Such a shame. I find it very distasteful when I read these type of stories too.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe if more of us would become involved, (in any way we can) such as spreading these stories, or helping out ourselves when we witness a scene, others would learn my our example.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post

"It was messed up," witness Naldo Vasquez, 15, said. "They got excited and were asking to take photos with him."
    Messed up is a bit understated IMO.

I could understand a brief moment of "OMG that's Elvis" followed by immediate concern for the victims but that's not only inconsiderate of the victim, it's also inconsiderate of the celebrity. Is he really gonna want to pose for photos and sign autographs and pander for his fans when he's just been participating in a deadly accident?

Rest in peace, Awsaf.

It shows how much the youth of this nation is so desensitized to anything anymore. That celebs are more important than helping someone in need. Beyond sickening.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    As 15-year-old Awsaf Islam lay dying on a Sunnyside street last Thursday, bystanders focused on Lakers star Lamar Odom, who emerged unscathed from one of the wrecked cars, they said.

"Everybody was paying attention to him. Nobody cared about the kid," said Adolfo Ramirez, 13, who witnessed the crash.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ying_teen.html

WHAT is wrong with this country? Good God! It's ridiculous how we are so fixated on "the famous" to the point that we have no concern for a dying little boy?
    This makes me sick and angry.
    I think we need to remember here that Lamar Odom was just a passenger in a chaffeur driven car. He was in no way at fault in this accident! We should be asking WTF is wrong with people that they can see a 15 year old dying on the ground and step over him because a celebrity is in their midst! Lamar Odom is probably the only unselfish, most kind hearted player on the Laker team and he has had his own share of personal tragedies in his life! See link:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakers...l-tragedy.html
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

I wouldn't know Odom LaMar if he was sitting across the dinner table from me.

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieNormal View Post
    I wouldn't know Odom LaMar if he was sitting across the dinner table from me.
    You might know him better by his wife Khloe Kardashian. She was equally distraught over the death of this young man!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

I read that Omar and his wife sent TWEETS to the family on the day the boy was buried ..I hope that's not true and they did more than that!!!
    Like a card and flowers and such
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .