Witnesses to deadly crash focused on basketball star Lamar Odom and not dying teen

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
As 15-year-old Awsaf Islam lay dying on a Sunnyside street last Thursday, bystanders focused on Lakers star Lamar Odom, who emerged unscathed from one of the wrecked cars, they said.

"Everybody was paying attention to him. Nobody cared about the kid," said Adolfo Ramirez, 13, who witnessed the crash.

"It was messed up," witness Naldo Vasquez, 15, said. "They got excited and were asking to take photos with him."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...onlookers_focused_on_odom_not_dying_teen.html

WHAT is wrong with this country? Good God! It's ridiculous how we are so fixated on "the famous" to the point that we have no concern for a dying little boy?
This makes me sick and angry.

Shudder at the thought but it is expected with the way we glorify our celebrities. Such a shame. I find it very distasteful when I read these type of stories too.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe if more of us would become involved, (in any way we can) such as spreading these stories, or helping out ourselves when we witness a scene, others would learn my our example.

Goz:)

"It was messed up," witness Naldo Vasquez, 15, said. "They got excited and were asking to take photos with him."

Messed up is a bit understated IMO.

I could understand a brief moment of "OMG that's Elvis" followed by immediate concern for the victims but that's not only inconsiderate of the victim, it's also inconsiderate of the celebrity. Is he really gonna want to pose for photos and sign autographs and pander for his fans when he's just been participating in a deadly accident?

Rest in peace, Awsaf.

It shows how much the youth of this nation is so desensitized to anything anymore. That celebs are more important than helping someone in need. Beyond sickening.

As 15-year-old Awsaf Islam lay dying on a Sunnyside street last Thursday, bystanders focused on Lakers star Lamar Odom, who emerged unscathed from one of the wrecked cars, they said.

"Everybody was paying attention to him. Nobody cared about the kid," said Adolfo Ramirez, 13, who witnessed the crash.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...onlookers_focused_on_odom_not_dying_teen.html

WHAT is wrong with this country? Good God! It's ridiculous how we are so fixated on "the famous" to the point that we have no concern for a dying little boy?
This makes me sick and angry.

I think we need to remember here that Lamar Odom was just a passenger in a chaffeur driven car. He was in no way at fault in this accident! We should be asking WTF is wrong with people that they can see a 15 year old dying on the ground and step over him because a celebrity is in their midst! Lamar Odom is probably the only unselfish, most kind hearted player on the Laker team and he has had his own share of personal tragedies in his life! See link:

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/laker...as-dealt-with-plenty-of-personal-tragedy.html

I wouldn't know Odom LaMar if he was sitting across the dinner table from me.

I read that Omar and his wife sent TWEETS to the family on the day the boy was buried ..I hope that's not true and they did more than that!!!
Like a card and flowers and such

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back