Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Jason will be re-tried October 10

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Their argument was weak.
    The evidence pointing to guilt was powerful.
    Powerful evidence, weak argument suggests to me that it was the wrong prosecutor. Prosecutors are most definitely not looking to online forums or the general public for their strategies and tactics ... I hope. If they did, it would suggest that they are completely unable to do their jobs. If it is the same prosecutor trying the same case, the only difference will be that the defense has tipped their hand and now the prosecutor has more ammunition. In some respects, this does seem to go against the philosohpy of double jeopardy, as it gives the prosecution a distinct advantage in terms of knowing their mistakes and having another go at it. For all fairness to be observed, everything from the first trial should be tossed out, but I understand that now everything from the first trial can also be used against the suspect. I don't see a big problem with the twig in the door. It's a little farfetched, but not impossible. I see huge problems with the clerk's identification and the gas mileage. I see problems with the "propped open hotel room door" because the newspaper drop off on the door handle would most likely have inched the door open.

I can now understand why police were looking into the possibility of an accomplice and why they raised the point in the judge's instructions. There are obstacles in the theory that Jason doubled back home, but he still remains the most likely suspect. The argument seemed to be that he double back and murdered his wife, and if he didn't double back then someone else murdered his wife under his instructions ... but that person is completely unknown and there is no evidence of that accomplice.

The prosecution's argument reminds me of the suspect's common defense: "I didn't do it, but if I did it was an accident, and if it wasn't an accident it's because the victim made me do it, and the latest ... the police, prosecutors, forensic experts, media, lawyers and everyone is out to get me."

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Powerful evidence, weak argument suggests to me that it was the wrong prosecutor. Prosecutors are most definitely not looking to online forums or the general public for their strategies and tactics ... I hope. If they did, it would suggest that they are completely unable to do their jobs. If it is the same prosecutor trying the same case, the only difference will be that the defense has tipped their hand and now the prosecutor has more ammunition. In some respects, this does seem to go against the philosohpy of double jeopardy, as it gives the prosecution a distinct advantage in terms of knowing their mistakes and having another go at it. For all fairness to be observed, everything from the first trial should be tossed out, but I understand that now everything from the first trial can also be used against the suspect. I don't see a big problem with the twig in the door. It's a little farfetched, but not impossible. I see huge problems with the clerk's identification and the gas mileage. I see problems with the "propped open hotel room door" because the newspaper drop off on the door handle would most likely have inched the door open.

I can now understand why police were looking into the possibility of an accomplice and why they raised the point in the judge's instructions. There are obstacles in the theory that Jason doubled back home, but he still remains the most likely suspect. The argument seemed to be that he double back and murdered his wife, and if he didn't double back then someone else murdered his wife under his instructions ... but that person is completely unknown and there is no evidence of that accomplice.

The prosecution's argument reminds me of the suspect's common defense: "I didn't do it, but if I did it was an accident, and if it wasn't an accident it's because the victim made me do it, and the latest ... the police, prosecutors, forensic experts, media, lawyers and everyone is out to get me."
    I agree that the prosecution came off as appearing extremely weak. My personal opinion was that it was the ADA, not the evidence. The evidence could have been put to the jury with so much more passion, the cross of Jason could have been done differently and with a hard-hitting impact. Oh, I still get upset when I think about how she blew that cross.

I MISS YOU GUYS TERRIBLY AND CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER TRIAL TO START SO WE CAN SPEND MORE TIME ON HERE TOGETHER! I thought the Aboroa trial should have begun by now? Or has it and I'm totally out of the loop?
    I hope each of you is well.
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

It's about Michelle and Rylan

Bumping you, Michelle....you are remembered and justice will be served in January 2012....

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icefun For This Useful Post:

To anyone who may know: what happened? I thought the re-trial was to be held this month (Oct)?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boodles For This Useful Post:

The trial was delayed until January. See this thread:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149198"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149198[/ame]

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skittles For This Useful Post:

Hi Skittles! Nice to 'see' you here. :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Michelle and Rylan.......forever in our thoughts!
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN

All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Landonsmom02 For This Useful Post:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...tory/10499496/
    Jason Young's retrial set for Jan. 17...a week later than originally scheduled.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

.....Look for opening statements around 2-1-12

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    Thanks, NCEast, for the info. It's good to hear from you again. Missed ya, Sleuth-buddy.

I've been over on the Eve Carson murder trial. Oh, what good-fer-nuthin's those two are. The worst. At least one of 'em is already in the Federal Kooler for life. Now we've got to get the next one lifed-out. It should be over in about a week or wk. and a half. No souls have they, just a lot of stoopids and cruelty.

Anyway, I miss all you folks -- Hi to you all.

And Merry, merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to you all.

See you in January, unless you wanna begin the Laurence Lovette trial (Eve Carson case) in about the 7th inning on WRAL live-stream. Plenty of bad stuff to go around. A very small crowd of us is hovering and shaking our heads over it. A good DA and so far, very reasonable DT. Horrible defendant, but what would you expect?

Any other good cases kicking right now??

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Young trial

Check out the latest search warrants:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...tory/10506572/

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorealtors For This Useful Post:

Young trial

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorealtors For This Useful Post:

Isn't that interesting. Until now, I was under the impression that investigators had already reviewed the financial records. The link is from yesterday and investigators are now asking for financial records from 2004 - 2008? I think that some of us have been waiting for the other shoe to drop with the finances in the investigator's heads ... Michelle, with a promising career and solid work history, was pregnant with her second child and planned to reduce her work schedule ... and income. Jason was out of work and had an unstable work history. Michelle had adjusted her schedule to accomodate parenting. There was also an unexpected termination of a previous birth (a few months before Rylan was conceived) due to an irregular vehicle accident while going for coffee more or less in Jason's Moms' backyard and where he grew up.

It has been claimed repeatedly that Jason was in a good financial situation when his pregnant wife was bludgeoned in the head 10-20 times in her bedroom; that he owned both a townhouse and the family home. It appears that Michelle was carrying the financial load for the family, not Jason. Jason was not only freeloading, but blowing his income paying for vacations with his mother and sister (leaving his wife and child at home). Search warrants executed after the murder include the collection of questionable photos from Jason's vacations where he does not appear to be committed to his marriage. The photos were from shortly before the murder, shortly before he had a trist or two with other women, shortly before he played ring swallowing games and ... other photos

When asked about his wife's murder, he said "you're asking about that?"

(wral.com)

How does that work ... there's no appeal on a not guilty verdict ... but if the prosecution is losing, they can force a mistrial by flunking the cross examination ...and thereby gather more information to prosecute the second time around? ... but? ... so both prosecution and defense can present new information during appeal, or is the appeal restricted to what has already been presented?
    Last edited by otto; 12-16-2011 at 09:39 AM.

How was Jason out of work? He was on a business trip when he came home and killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    How was Jason out of work? He was on a business trip when he came home and killed her.
    My mistake ... trying to remember the work history ... but wasn't he unemployed in the summer before the murder? I think he had only been working for a couple of months when Michelle was murdered. Then he was unemployed again.

Happy Holidaze everyone.

Need to gear up before I can take another one of these knuckle biting trials. This murder was so heinous and cruel; the thought of him getting away with it.... shudder.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Happy Holidaze everyone.

Need to gear up before I can take another one of these knuckle biting trials. This murder was so heinous and cruel; the thought of him getting away with it.... shudder.

Hiya, Mad74

Yeah, rest up, refresh, and then put on your hip-waders and your anti-slime suit ; pick up your bs-meter and your special hard-earned butterfly-wings and jump into it. We gotta see this homicider put behind for LWOP this time.

PS -- Love your black cat!!

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    And a Merry Christmas to you, NCEast!!

We've got to get him this time -- our last chance, most likely. I assume we've got the same PT this go-round. I hope they've all been having tacks and nails for breakfast every day so they can shoot them back at Jason & Co. Grrrrrrr. And I hope they've packed their um-er's in a box and burned 'em. I'm ready for a fight!

Hoping and Praying that January 2012 brings justice to Michelle and Rylan!!!!!!
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN

All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Landonsmom02 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567