The Doe Network:
Case File 351UFDE
http://doenetwork.org/cases/351ufde.html
NamUs UP Case 6288 https://identifyus.org/cases/6288

2173337100045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
351UFDE1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified Black Female

The victim was discovered on January 24, 2002 in Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware.
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior.
Partially Decomposed and Mummified

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20 - 40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3-5'5"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Short, tightly curled hair with slightly reddish tone.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: She was wearing a gray, long-sleeve Ralph Lauren shirt with the Polo Jeans Company logo on the left sleeve. A pair of black Results brand, denim jeans and size 4 Timberland boots.

I was looking at this case, and see that she does not yet have a thread. So I am starting one.

I was interested in the "Naptown" and "Primrose Crew" notations on the backpack. Naptown is the nickname for Indianapolis, Indiana. I wonder if she has a connection to Indy or the state of Indiana.

The only black female from Indiana in the recent years prior to Jan'02 is Marilyn Renee ("Niqui") McCown.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mccown_marilyn.html
mccown_marilyn3.jpg

She is consistent on height, age, and approximate facial shape.

However, I remember seeing her Investigation Discovery (ID) Channel Disappeared episode. The circumstances of her disappearance don't seem consistent with this case. She appears to have been murdered by Tommy Swint, a former corrections officer with whom she was having an affair, and I see no reason why he would transport her from Indiana/Ohio to Delaware to dump her body.

Good find Carl, and a good point on Tommy Swint.

I did try and do some research on Tommy Swint and whether he had ever had any connection to Delaware. The closest I could find was that he was at one time stationed in Camp Lejeune in North Carolina - an 8 hour drive to Wilmington. Still don't think that's a close enough connection though.

Researching online I found links to Primrose schools in Indianapolis. Looks like these are daycares. I found seven listed in and around the Indianapolis area. Wonder if she worked there at some point?

Did some searching on Primrose Crew. There is:

Primrose Road in South Bend, Indiana
Primrose Avenue in Indianapolis
Primrose Lane in Dyer, Indiana
Lake Primrose in Morgan County, Indiana
Primrose Village subdivision in Indianapolis

Carl - who knows how she ended up in Delaware, but I think it's a close enough match that you should call it in.

Also, I noticed on the NAMUS page that the UID was found in a vacant home - and the description even gave the exact address of that home - 1410 W 8th Street in Wilmington, Delaware.

I tried to do some real estate searching but to no avail - I used to be able to use my mother's realtor password on an MLS site to find out who past and present homeowners were of certain properties. I'm wondering if there are any real estate professionals on WS who would want to use their access to find out the history of this property as the ownership might provide clues as to the UID's identity.

Her shoes look well worn - the heels on both boots are consistent with something who has been walking a good distance. Couple that with the location she was found in and the items found around her body, and it seems that she was most likely transient as opposed to someone we'd find as recently reported missing under suspicious circumstances. Then again, I don't see things like a toothbrush, hair brush, feminine products, etc. that I would think a woman would have.

I'm sure that the police have followed up on the papers found near the deceased, as there appears to be some names, addresses, and phone numbers. NamUs has a close up of one such paper with an address: https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/7907 and what appears to be the words "mop coat roof" although I'm not sure about the last one. I looked up the property record and that address changed hands in 2001, which could have been after this woman passed away. It does look like home was and probably still is a rental property. Like I said, I'm sure the connection was looked into, I just can't figure out what the "mop coat roof" is in reference to.

I think the Naptown Primrose reference is most likely for Primrose Ave. in Indianapolis. There seem to be a lot of shout-outs and references to the area and it seems like although it can be a somewhat rough area, there is a sense of pride and belonging that its residents have. It would make sense that someone from the area would have made mention of it on a backback. I know that in my younger days I wrote all kinds of crap on my Jansport - mostly the names of early 90's grunge bands that I was into, but you get the picture. We used to write with White Out and then sometimes cover it with marker - it looks like the Primrose Doe may have done the same. I can't find anyone missing from the area that matches the description or has circumstances that seem likely to be this Doe, but I'll keep checking.

The area she was found in isn't a terrible part of the city, but there are areas and parks nearby that I wouldn't want to hang out in at night. She may have been trying to get some shelter from the elements - weather and human - and met her death from any number of circumstances in the house. I don't see a coat in the inventory of her possessions, so I'd say that she'd likely been in the house for 3-4 months.

I was interested in the "Naptown" and "Primrose Crew" notations on the backpack. Naptown is the nickname for Indianapolis, Indiana. I wonder if she has a connection to Indy or the state of Indiana.

Naptown is also the nickname of Annapolis, Maryland...approx 2 hours from Wilmington.

There is a Primrose Acres Park in Annapolis, MD. It's not a huge park -- just has a playground and sitting benches.

2l8w2e1.jpg

This location is 1 hour 45 minutes from Wilmington, DE -- straight shot up 95N.

Apartment complex on Primrose Ct in Annapolis: Spa Cove

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/MD-Annapolis-Spa-Cove-Apartments.html

Back in the early 2000s, according to reviews, it was obnoxiously loud and a party place... possibly even described as "ghetto."

2jdq8p.jpg

Pic of the house/area she was found dead in -- possibly went through gentrification since 2002

2jdq8p.jpg

Pic of the house/area she was found dead in -- possibly went through gentrification since 2002

There hasn't been any significant gentrification in that area of Wilmington in the past decade that I know of. Maybe some minor exterior renovations of rental properties, but I'd be willing to bet that the W. 8th Street of 2012 and the W.8th Street of 2002 were pretty similar. It's a decent part of town.

That area of town is strange. Several blocks away in one direction are beautiful Victorian mansions and an all-girls Catholic school. Several blocks in another direction is a neighborhood I was nervous about going into during daylight hours to deliver Meals on Wheels when I worked in town. That's pretty typical for Wilmington. It's Delaware's only city to speak of, and it has a mix of the good and the bad - all in close proximity.

I couldn't read that handwriting at all --- great eye, carbuff!!!!!

I think maybe our next step is to try and find the manager of the sea cove apartments or similar properties on Primrose in Annapolis -- the manager who managed in the early 2000s to see if they recognise the reconstruction.

There is an address on that sheet too.

2304 Market Street.

There is a 2304 North Market Street in Wilmington DE. It is an old house in what appears to be a run-down part of town.

Perhaps the "mop coat roof" is simply a to-do list? That might mean that tar like stuff you paint on over your shingles or flat top roof to stop leaks.

Mop-coating a roof is not something typically done by a do-it-yourself homeowner. That requres a tar-kettle which is usually towed on a trailer, and not normally owned by someone who is not in the roofing business. You can rent a tar kettle and do it yourself, but it's a big messy job.

I suspect that that note (and most of the other stuff) was just found in the vicinity of the remains, and is unrelated to the UID.

I am not sure if Kimberly is missing or if they have the wrong missing date? Maryland allows you to look up criminal records for free and Kimberly was locked up in 2000. I am assuming it is the same person because she has the same birthdate, 6/2/68, and is living in the same area, the Brooklyn Projects.

Can anyone look into this?

Kimberly Dixon?

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1952/32/

No connection to Naptown that I can see...but not far from DE. Maybe she once lived in IN, or maybe she borrowed the bag from a friend, who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back