Drew Peterson tries to stop movie about him

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Thought you saw Rob Lowe around Los Alamitos recently? Only he looked a little older than you thought he would be? Relax, you’re not hallucinating. The busy actor is shooting a Lifetime network movie in the Rossmoor neighborhood, with his hair dyed gray for the role.

“Untouchable” is the movie in which Lowe plays the real-life character of Drew Peterson, an Illinois police sergeant who allegedly killed his third wife, and who was suspected but not charged in the disappearance of his fourth.
http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/peterson-308707-movie-lowe.html

Hey I commented on this exact subject about a week or so ago.. I was curious about what people thought about him playing the role . I have seen the make up all done and he does resemble drew but my self i had stated that my first thoughts woulda been someone like a harrison ford or a michael douglas type...

WHt just happened it shows this thread twice and that i said what i just said twice wth

not that i particularly like or think Rob Lowe is cute or handsome. but he's too good looking to play Drew

Who, in this Hollywood world, thought to pick Rob Lowe to play Drew Peterson? That's the worst "fit" I've ever heard of. Drew Peterson looks like an old, debauched, ugly, self-centered, narcissistic blow-hard who thinks he can fool the world and get away with anything. He is overweight and simply gross.

Rob Lowe would have to be "remade" top to bottom to even come close to resembling this piece of nasty. Bad casting doesn't come close to describing this. Someone must have been paid off to get Lowe for the job. Maybe it's cause he has name recognition, but it sure ain't because he looks super ugly. Sheesh

As i stated earlier .I too thought this when i seen it on the news and i stated that i thought a harrison ford or a michael douglass would be a better fit ...HOW ever after seeing rob lowe in the get up as Drew Peterson I was shocked to see just how alike they have made him look like drew .Once you see the look alikes beside each other with rob lowe all done up to look like drew trust me you will all be shocked how similar they look I didn't think this was a good fit like i said ..but after what i seen i was quite astonished about how much they look alike after make up..

Who, in this Hollywood world, thought to pick Rob Lowe to play Drew Peterson? That's the worst "fit" I've ever heard of. Drew Peterson looks like an old, debauched, ugly, self-centered, narcissistic blow-hard who thinks he can fool the world and get away with anything. He is overweight and simply gross.

Rob Lowe would have to be "remade" top to bottom to even come close to resembling this piece of nasty. Bad casting doesn't come close to describing this. Someone must have been paid off to get Lowe for the job. Maybe it's cause he has name recognition, but it sure ain't because he looks super ugly. Sheesh

I just saw the previews and it actually looks like Rob Lowe has Peterson's looks, mannerisms, behavior, and attitude down cold. He does play a lot of psychos in made-for-tv movies, and is pretty convincing--he was great as Bart Corbin, the dentist who killed a girlfriend and then his wife, and tried to make both look like suicides. In case you didn't read the book or see the movie, it's "Too Late to Say Goodbye"--the book is by Ann Rule.

I sure do agree with you though, gaia--it would require an inside-out remake to reproduce such a "piece of nasty" as you so aptly put it!

I have always found Rob Lowe to be a very attractive man. Now I'm torn between being curious about the movie and being afraid to watch. I don't want to be stuck associating such a dreamy guy with DP. I'm sure Rob will play the part well, but I kind of wish he hadn't agreed to do it!

Drew Peterson, a former police officer charged with murdering his third wife and suspected in the disappearance of his fourth, joked that he'd rather see Denzel Washington play him than Rob Lowe when he heard there would be a television movie about him. Now, though, he wants to pull the plug on the project.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/artic...top-movie-about-him-1466065.php#ixzz1Sfz76xch

Awww, poor Drew Peterson, it must be difficult being an alleged murderer and not being able to choose who gets to play him in the movie. Dang, life is tough!

Maybe he should ask his dead wives just how tough life truly can be. :furious:

Maybe there would have been a better choice than Rob Lowe. The picture doesn't show him in his Drew Peterson "costume" and make-up, though! He can come across as pretty menacing.

I saw a promo ad with movie clips a couple days ago. I did not know it was Rob Lowe until the clip was done, but the whole time I was viewing the clip I kept thinking the actor was too good looking and in too good physical shape to play the part of the less-than-fit jowly Drew Peterson. When I heard it was Rob Lowe I immediately thought they should have looked for someone uglier, less fit, etc.

From the clip Lowe appears to have the mannerisms down and a good amount of the meanness, but in my mind a big part of this story is how attractive women could have been interested in Drew Peterson at all. I think this will be lost in the film with Lowe playing the part. While the makeup does *ugly* him up a lot, it still might leave a lot to the imagination to believe Rob Lowe as Drew Peterson. Talented actor he is, though, so maybe for the bulk of the movie he comes across with a believable amount of ugly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmD1SN3xlM8"]"Drew Peterson: Untouchable" Preview (with Kaley Cuoco) LifeTime - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah that one line sounds like something that would appeal to him.

Rob Lowe was just on acess hollywood and it took hours to make him "UGLY".
I find this hilarious!
He studied DP and was amazed at how DP sat with his legs always spred very far apart.
DP must think he is sexy............puke!
Saturday January 21st on LIFETIME

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back