Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Peterson tries to stop movie about him

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by gaia View Post
    Who, in this Hollywood world, thought to pick Rob Lowe to play Drew Peterson? That's the worst "fit" I've ever heard of. Drew Peterson looks like an old, debauched, ugly, self-centered, narcissistic blow-hard who thinks he can fool the world and get away with anything. He is overweight and simply gross...
    Respectfully <snipped>

Maybe it was the same casting director who chose Grant Show to play Jug Twitty in a made-for-TV movie about the Natalee Holloway case. Jug Twitty is heavy, sloppy, and sort of burly-looking, while Grant Show is good-looking, slender, and sexy. jmo

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

as for Rob Lowe, I give him credit for taking the part of this creepy ugly DP.
    Not everyone wuld say yes to being DP even for a day..........LOL
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

5 minutes til movie.......
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    as for Rob Lowe, I give him credit for taking the part of this creepy ugly DP.
    Not everyone wuld say yes to being DP even for a day..........LOL

LOL ... I am watching the movie now ...

And I agree -- Rob Lowe does get credit for playing this

And JMO, Lowe is doing a good job ...

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    DH and I are watching. Rob Lowe is doing a fine job portraying DP as a despicable, loathesome, downright revolting human being. A con artist personified. Bravo, Rob Lowe jmo

10. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    DH and I are watching. Rob Lowe is doing a fine job portraying DP as a despicable, loathesome, downright revolting human being. A con artist personified. Bravo, Rob Lowe jmo

Yeppers ... Rob Lowe is doing a fine job as this

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

I felt the movie did portray DP as a creepy monster that he is.
    Looking for wife #5 behind bars....................
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

I watched the movie tonight and think that Rob Lowe and everyone else involved with it did a good job. If you missed it the first time it was on, I'd recommend watching for it.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bullwinkle For This Useful Post:

I watched and recorded the movie tonight so I can watch it again.

I think Rob Lowe did an outstanding job of portraying the real Drew Peterson. He brought out the ugliness, his obsession with having to have control, his emptiness as a human being.......everything that makes Drew Peterson a despicable person.

I think the first hour of the movie did a good job at laying the foundation, showing the relationship between Drew and Kathleen, the motivation for Drew killing Kathleen, and how Drew and Stacy met. But the second hour was not faithful to the sequence of events as they really happened. For someone who doesn't know the details, as we here do, they may not understand what happened.

I wish that the second hour of the movie had taken the time to follow the known sequence of events for October 28, 2007, showing all the things that make Drew Peterson's actions that day suspicious. They omitted Drew's 3-day disappearance a few days after Stacy's disappearance, and that's an important detail.

It was a good movie, but I think it could have been better.
    My posts are my opinion..........

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Rob did a good job. Everytime he came on screen, it was like watching The Grudge. I would jump...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LMax For This Useful Post:

Yes and the movie makers forgot to tell about the neighbor being an alcoholic and miss using funds for the Stacy donation fund.

Yes I think Drew is Guilty but Stacy's family and the drucken neighbor make this a very hard case to figure out.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseRed For This Useful Post:

If you didn't see the Drew Peterson movie last night, it is reprised tonight on Lifetime at 8:00 (Eastern).

Not sure that I could watch it again, but it was riveting.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

The movie was really good! Rob Lowe did a really good job of portraying how crazy and twisted DP is, and how impossible he was to live with.

I thought the children were a little older than shown in the movie, when Stacy went missing, but maybe I'm wrong. Especially the baby girl--I thought she was older. Also--did they really load that blue barrel into the car in in broad daylight, right in front of the house? It also made me wonder where the barrel was when LE did the search of the home. Sort of weird that the blue barrel appeared in the bedroom long after the search.

I never knew he had an airplane, either. As soon as I saw that, it made me wonder if he took the barrel up in the air and dropped it into one of the Great Lakes. Of course, this is probably something that WS'ers who've been following this case to a "T" have already considered!

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I am in agreement. He was portrayed as a completely despicable, immoral person who was a disservice to his profession. On the other hand, Stacy appeared to be totally naive, except for realizing at some time what actually happened to Kathleen, and later seemed to feel some guilt over sneaking into the home to make out with him while he was married to Kathleen, yet unaware of possibility she could meet the same fate by announcing her plans to leave him. One observation I made was that Kathleen was poorly portrayed and the casting didn't bear any resemblance to who she was in real life.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Merry Christmas!

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I thought Rob Lowe did a wonderful job of showing the kind of person DP is. I do wish they had given him a gut, cause while he resembled DP, he still had the sexy RL body, and that is a compliment DP does not deserve. I was also disappointed in the after Stacy vanished part of the movie...I don't remember the house being searched the day after Stacy vanished...and the entire blue barrel just showing up for no reason in the bedroom...I remember when the info on the blue barrel came out, I don't recall them moving it from the bedroom.....but maybe I am mistaken....I think maybe it would have been better as a two night event, cause they had to totally rush the after Stacy and Drew got together part, and the Stacy vanished part....but the general idea got across in all parts of the movie.
    Debora Sue Lowe - Age 13, missing from Pompano, FL since February 29, 1972 (Leap Year)
    Missing Child Haunts Family Nearly 40 Years Later - 9/19/2011
    White Female
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5’6″
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Debbie is believed to have been a victim of the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer Jr. He was convicted of only two murders in the 1970s but is believed to be responsible for the murders and disappearances of many other girls and young women in the 60s and 70s, including Wendy Stevenson, Peggy Rahn ,Carmen Hallock, Pamela Nater and Nancy Leichner in 1966.

• Everything I write is JMHO and NO OFFENSE is INTENDED

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Still_Seek_Answers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
    I thought Rob Lowe did a wonderful job of showing the kind of person DP is. I do wish they had given him a gut, cause while he resembled DP, he still had the sexy RL body, and that is a compliment DP does not deserve. I was also disappointed in the after Stacy vanished part of the movie...I don't remember the house being searched the day after Stacy vanished...and the entire blue barrel just showing up for no reason in the bedroom...I remember when the info on the blue barrel came out, I don't recall them moving it from the bedroom.....but maybe I am mistaken....I think maybe it would have been better as a two night event, cause they had to totally rush the after Stacy and Drew got together part, and the Stacy vanished part....but the general idea got across in all parts of the movie.
    Agree, it could have been longer to give more continuity for those who haven't followed the case. However Stacy's disappearance is unresolved and still an ongoing case, and perhaps details were omitted for that reason. The inference was definitely there, that Drew Peterson was responsible for both Kathleen's death and Stacy being missing.

MOO
    Rest in Peace

Merry Christmas!

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Agree, it could have been longer to give more continuity for those who haven't followed the case. However Stacy's disappearance is unresolved and still an ongoing case, and perhaps details were omitted for that reason. The inference was definitely there, that Drew Peterson was responsible for both Kathleen's death and Stacy being missing.

MOO
    I agree, and maybe the fact that Stacy's case is still unresolved was the reason for rushing her part of the movie some.....kinda hard to show things as fact when nobody knows the fact. I also agree, the inference was very clear......
    Debora Sue Lowe - Age 13, missing from Pompano, FL since February 29, 1972 (Leap Year)
    White Female
    Debbie is believed to have been a victim of the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer Jr. He was convicted of only two murders in the 1970s but is believed to be responsible for the murders and disappearances of many other girls and young women in the 60s and 70s, including Wendy Stevenson, Peggy Rahn ,Carmen Hallock, Pamela Nater and Nancy Leichner in 1966.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Still_Seek_Answers For This Useful Post:

I loved the movie. I look forward to the sequel, when we see him blogging from Death Row.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

36. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I loved the movie. I look forward to the sequel, when we see him blogging from Death Row.
    That will be the movie I certainly won't miss!!!!
    White Female

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Still_Seek_Answers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
    I agree, and maybe the fact that Stacy's case is still unresolved was the reason for rushing her part of the movie some.....kinda hard to show things as fact when nobody knows the fact. I also agree, the inference was very clear......
    Before Stacy disappeared, conversations she had with others could be incorporated into the movie, based upon what they have told LE. However, afterward, most of everything else is speculation and hopefully someday charges will be brought against DP for her apparent death. In the meantime, it is only speculation as the investigation continues. Also hopefully, there will be a sequel after his conviction for Kathleen's death.........

MOO
    Rest in Peace

Merry Christmas!

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I watch the movie again last night.
    IF he said these words, then they may be more clues or did they just put it in the movie?
    she is where she wants to be I do remember this one
    she is on the beach with another guy are there 2 bodies???
    I hope her head POPS up too now this one got to me,did he say that???
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Reprise: Take Two

If you haven't gotten your fill of the Drew Peterson movie or haven't seen it yet, Lifetime will feature it again this evening at 8:00 (Eastern).

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I did like the movie, but found it very choppy. It showed quite a bit of what kind of person Drew Peterson is, but I also felt it left out quite a bit. Being from the area there was so much going on that I felt was left out of the movie. Interestingly enough on our local news this morning they talked about the movie having an impact on potential future jurors. The response to that was, Drew Peterson conducted SO many interviews during all of this that having this movie released was no worse than all the attention he brought on himself with the interviews and his actions to the media everytime he left his house.

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KathyJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KathyJ View Post
    I did like the movie, but found it very choppy. It showed quite a bit of what kind of person Drew Peterson is, but I also felt it left out quite a bit. Being from the area there was so much going on that I felt was left out of the movie. Interestingly enough on our local news this morning they talked about the movie having an impact on potential future jurors. The response to that was, Drew Peterson conducted SO many interviews during all of this that having this movie released was no worse than all the attention he brought on himself with the interviews and his actions to the media everytime he left his house.
    Thanks, KathyJ. I wish they could have included more details--I imagine they must have had to whittle the contents down because it all had to fit into a 2-hour slot.

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Thanks, KathyJ. I wish they could have included more details--I imagine they must have had to whittle the contents down because it all had to fit into a 2-hour slot.
    Yep, if they did everything we know on DP/SP/KS and others he may of
    done away with, they movie would be a series of a week.........
    The best reference on everything about this creep is at acandyrose.com
    JMOO
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast