Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not her fault, she 'impaired'

Not her fault, she 'impaired'

High school teacher says that she was impaired and the boys took advantage of her by having sex with her. Pleading insanity.
    http://www.local12.com/content/break...Fdx7mNeFQ.cspx

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/19...cher-sex-case/

Stacy Schuler, 33, is charged with 16 felony counts of sexual battery and three misdemeanor counts of offenses involving underage persons for allegedly buying or providing beer for five Mason students, most of whom were football players.

Schuler is accused of having sexual relations with the students on five different occasions at her Cobblestone Lane home in Springboro last year. She originally entered a plea of not guilty, but changed her plea to not guilty by reason of insanity on July 8. Schuler’s attorneys contend the students took advantage of her and since she was impaired, she was helpless to stop it.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/new...e-1210815.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    ????? On five different occasions? Hmmm that is some mighty convenient impairment. So they what - Showed up at her house only on those occasions when she was mentally impaired and took advantage? Or is the argument that she is always mentally impaired but not so impaired that she allowed the boys to have sex with her anywhere but the privacy of her own home?

And why would the expert trying to determine if she was "impaired" need to conduct video taped interviews with the victims in this case in order to determine if a defendant was mentally impaired at the time of the crime? This smacks of a last ditch effort to gain discovery after the deadline for such is over and a last ditch effort to explain away the unexplainable on the part of the defense.

I call BS
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

What's the definition of impaired? The full grown woman supplied alcohol to minors and had sex with them. Five times.

Count me calling BS as well.

BTW, the comments after one of those articles get me peeved. Men wishing they had a hot teacher back in the day blah, blah, blah. I wish they could sit in a group session where men were abused young by a woman and how it messed up their ability to function in normal relationships, and that's the lesser of what some suffer.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

So she's not so impaired that she can't be a high school teacher, but, she is too impaired to know not to have sex with students/minors. Interesting.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ada For This Useful Post:

I am guessing she was 'impaired' by the same alcohol the boys were....

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jaxson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    I am guessing she was 'impaired' by the same alcohol the boys were....
    Of course! Sorry. It didn't occur to me that someone was using the 'I was drunk' defense. Or, rather, 'I was drunk 5 times' defense.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ada For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    Of course! Sorry. It didn't occur to me that someone was using the 'I was drunk' defense. Or, rather, 'I was drunk 5 times' defense.

that's cause you have sense. this person clearly does not.

eta: the teacher that is, not the poster who "caught" it

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Really? I'm so sick of PPL using the "I'm mentally ill" excuse to get out of trouble. It's a load of crap!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfoMama For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    So she was impaired by her mental condition or impaired by the alcohol? The alcohol that she bought and gave to the boys? And then proceeded (I'm assuming) to get drunk with them? Yeah, I bet that flies.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

I'm not buying this. In order for an insanity plea she would have to prove that she was severely enough impaired that she didn't realize the difference between right and wrong, therefore, she couldn't have known that she was committing a crime. Simply supplying alcohol to minors is a crime, so she can't claim that she was already impaired at that point, and that alone should be enough to throw out the insanity claim.

As a teacher, you'd think she'd be smarter than to either have sex with her students or to try and make this idiot defense fly.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Trial started-more details emerge

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...mes?hpt=ju_bn5

22. The Following User Says Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

If this one makes the ‘by reason of insanity’ level, I will be shocked.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinkfly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfly View Post
    If this one makes the ‘by reason of insanity’ level, I will be shocked.
    From peeples link:

During opening statements Monday, Schuler's attorneys said if the state can prove these allegations, they happened because Schuler's manic episodes were exasperated by an anti-depressant and magnified by the use of alcohol. They say she has been diagnosed with several mental illnesses including bipolar disorder.

So, if Not Guilty by reason of insanity does that make her eligible for the mental hospital? If she can make drinks and have sex with minors, then not remember it there must be other things she's capable of too.

I think I'd take my chances with a guilty plea and throw myself at the mercy of the court. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

snip...Doria said she had confronted Schuler about persistent rumors that the teacher had sex with a male student – and, at first, Schuler denied it.

Later, Doria said, Schuler told her that she may have had sex with a boy, but couldn’t remember much about the alleged incident.

snip....Doria, who graduated in June, testified: “She said she would try to plead insane, because she got a bad divorce and her husband abused her, her family life and how she had a bad childhood.”
    http://masonbuzz.com/2011/10/25/form...s-and-friends/

Oh and it wasn't her fault. The boys took advantage of her. Seriously it is in the article in a statement by the attorney.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

The prosecution rests its case in the trial of a former Mason High School teacher accused of having sex with five football players. Among the last witnessed on the stand today- a former teacher's aide and friend who testified Stacy Schuler had her insanity defense planned out before her arrest.
    http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/s...Fdx7mNeFQ.cspx

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

http://www.wlwt.com/r/29575091/detail.html

this is a live link to the trial

32. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Later, Doria said, Schuler told her that she may have had sex with a boy, but couldn’t remember much about the alleged incident.

Doria said Schuler described herself as “black-out drunk,” then she woke up and found one of the boys next to her in bed.

DeGrazia said “something happened” with two of the boys and DeGrazia inferred that “something” was sexual.

The remaining three of five alleged sex-crime victims took the stand Tuesday. All recounted salacious details of Schuler’s alleged sex acts with the former teacher.

All five teens testified that Schuler was drinking alcohol at the time of the alleged incidents, was a willing participant in the acts and initiated much of the contact.

Last I remember intoxication is neither a defense nor an excuse for criminal acts. We can only hope that the court sees this for what it is, a ploy.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

mason_buzz Rachel Richardson
    Sellis: "It's fair to say she went above and beyond just training. She's dearly missed." #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    47 minutes ago

Schuler has been a trainer for their boys/girls soccer teams for past 6-7 yrs. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    48 minutes ago

Next witness is an older man, Robert Sellis. Retired CPA and varsity soccer coach at a high school. #schulertrial #stacyschuler

http://twitter.com/#!/mason_buzz

Re BBM - that is an understatement Sir!

Defense is moving quickly.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Said Schuler struggles with confrontation and standing up for herself & students could find her weaknesses schulertrial #stacyschuler
    3 minutes ago

Said she can see how teenage boys might have interpreted Schuler's openness as flirtatious behavior. schulertrial #stacyschuler
    4 minutes ago

Witness on stand now is Emily Schiverski, who taught with Schuler at Mason from 2001-2007. schulertrial #stacyschuler

This was scheduled to be a 3 day trial. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    18 seconds ago

Defense and prosecutor at bench. Seems to be some scheduling conflicts for tomorrow. Judge has other cases. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    25 seconds ago

Schroer says she is surprised by the allegations & says Schuler would never act like that. She steps down. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    1 minute ago

Schroer describes Schuler as a good and caring friend with a "good heart." #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    7 minutes ago

Schroer describes Schuler as a good and caring friend with a "good heart." schulertrial #stacyschuler
    8 minutes ago

Schroer: "Stacy's one of the most respected teachers at Mason High School." schulertrial #stacyschuler
    13 minutes ago

MHS teacher Paula Schroer takes the stand. schulertrial #stacyschuler

39. The Following User Says Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Judge calls for a break until 1 pm. Likely to go to 4 pm today and finish tomorrow am. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    4 minutes ago

Defense is bringing in a lot of character witnesses. Maybe they will pare them down. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    7 minutes ago

41. The Following User Says Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Oh, please...

Plotnick says the combined use of Zoloft w/ alcohol is consistent w/ her aberrant behavior & memory losses. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    2 minutes ago

Plotnck says DSM-IV includes reference to manic/unusual behavior resulting from antidepressant use. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    3 minutes ago

Zoloft warning includes: difficulty sleeping, acting on dangerous impulses, mania, anger/violence, etc... #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    6 minutes ago

Plotnick is reviewing all the literature he has reviewed on Zoloft, the drug Schuler was taking. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    8 minutes ago

Plotnick has a PhD in pharmaceutical toxicology in addition to a law degree. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    15 minutes ago

Court back in session. Defense calls Harry Plotnick, an attorney and consultant in toxicology. #schulertrial #stacyschuler

44. The Following User Says Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Under cross, Plotnick says that yes, if you're guilty of something, you may indicate that you don't remember it #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    35 seconds ago

Under cross exam, Plotnick says he is not qualified to diagnose if Schuler meets legal definition of insanity #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    2 minutes ago

Mom Schuler recounting long list of community service volunteerism by Schuler while in high school. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    3 minutes ago

Mom Schuler is recounting stories of #StacySchuler as a child, gregarious and sympathetic to animal suffering #schulertrial
    5 minutes ago

Stacy's mom, Judith Schuler has now taken the stand. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    8 minutes ago

Plotnick says its not an alcohol effect, but a drug and alcohol effect. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    8 minutes ago

Judge asks Plotnick difference between voluntary intoxication and being impaired as result of Zoloft & alcohol #schulertrial #stacyschuler
    9 minutes ago

IMO who a 35 year old accused child abuser was as a child means nothing. We were all children once, including serial killers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast