GUILTY OH - Stacy Schuler for student sex abuse, Springboro, 2011

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
High school teacher says that she was impaired and the boys took advantage of her by having sex with her. Pleading insanity.
http://www.local12.com/content/brea...Use-Insanity-Plea/lY98i3CWb02zKFdx7mNeFQ.cspx

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/19/ohio-judge-orders-mental-exam-in-teacher-sex-case/

Stacy Schuler, 33, is charged with 16 felony counts of sexual battery and three misdemeanor counts of offenses involving underage persons for allegedly buying or providing beer for five Mason students, most of whom were football players.

Schuler is accused of having sexual relations with the students on five different occasions at her Cobblestone Lane home in Springboro last year. She originally entered a plea of not guilty, but changed her plea to not guilty by reason of insanity on July 8. Schuler’s attorneys contend the students took advantage of her and since she was impaired, she was helpless to stop it.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/ne...nsanity-plea-in-teacher-sex-case-1210815.html

????? On five different occasions? Hmmm that is some mighty convenient impairment. So they what - Showed up at her house only on those occasions when she was mentally impaired and took advantage? Or is the argument that she is always mentally impaired but not so impaired that she allowed the boys to have sex with her anywhere but the privacy of her own home?

And why would the expert trying to determine if she was "impaired" need to conduct video taped interviews with the victims in this case in order to determine if a defendant was mentally impaired at the time of the crime? This smacks of a last ditch effort to gain discovery after the deadline for such is over and a last ditch effort to explain away the unexplainable on the part of the defense.

I call BS

What's the definition of impaired? The full grown woman supplied alcohol to minors and had sex with them. Five times.

Count me calling BS as well.

BTW, the comments after one of those articles get me peeved. Men wishing they had a hot teacher back in the day blah, blah, blah. I wish they could sit in a group session where men were abused young by a woman and how it messed up their ability to function in normal relationships, and that's the lesser of what some suffer.

So she's not so impaired that she can't be a high school teacher, but, she is too impaired to know not to have sex with students/minors. Interesting. :loser:

I am guessing she was 'impaired' by the same alcohol the boys were....

I am guessing she was 'impaired' by the same alcohol the boys were....

Of course! Sorry. It didn't occur to me that someone was using the 'I was drunk' defense. Or, rather, 'I was drunk 5 times' defense.

Of course! Sorry. It didn't occur to me that someone was using the 'I was drunk' defense. Or, rather, 'I was drunk 5 times' defense.

that's cause you have sense. this person clearly does not.

eta: the teacher that is, not the poster who "caught" it :biglaugh:

Really? I'm so sick of PPL using the "I'm mentally ill" excuse to get out of trouble. It's a load of crap!

So she was impaired by her mental condition or impaired by the alcohol? The alcohol that she bought and gave to the boys? And then proceeded (I'm assuming) to get drunk with them? Yeah, I bet that flies.

I'm not buying this. In order for an insanity plea she would have to prove that she was severely enough impaired that she didn't realize the difference between right and wrong, therefore, she couldn't have known that she was committing a crime. Simply supplying alcohol to minors is a crime, so she can't claim that she was already impaired at that point, and that alone should be enough to throw out the insanity claim.

As a teacher, you'd think she'd be smarter than to either have sex with her students or to try and make this idiot defense fly.

If this one makes the ‘by reason of insanity’ level, I will be shocked.

If this one makes the ‘by reason of insanity’ level, I will be shocked.

From peeples link:

During opening statements Monday, Schuler's attorneys said if the state can prove these allegations, they happened because Schuler's manic episodes were exasperated by an anti-depressant and magnified by the use of alcohol. They say she has been diagnosed with several mental illnesses including bipolar disorder.

So, if Not Guilty by reason of insanity does that make her eligible for the mental hospital? If she can make drinks and have sex with minors, then not remember it there must be other things she's capable of too.

I think I'd take my chances with a guilty plea and throw myself at the mercy of the court. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

snip...Doria said she had confronted Schuler about persistent rumors that the teacher had sex with a male student – and, at first, Schuler denied it.

Later, Doria said, Schuler told her that she may have had sex with a boy, but couldn’t remember much about the alleged incident.

snip....Doria, who graduated in June, testified: “She said she would try to plead insane, because she got a bad divorce and her husband abused her, her family life and how she had a bad childhood.”
http://masonbuzz.com/2011/10/25/for...nity-defense-say-former-students-and-friends/

Oh and it wasn't her fault. The boys took advantage of her. Seriously it is in the article in a statement by the attorney.

Later, Doria said, Schuler told her that she may have had sex with a boy, but couldn’t remember much about the alleged incident.

Doria said Schuler described herself as “black-out drunk,” then she woke up and found one of the boys next to her in bed.

DeGrazia said “something happened” with two of the boys and DeGrazia inferred that “something” was sexual.

The remaining three of five alleged sex-crime victims took the stand Tuesday. All recounted salacious details of Schuler’s alleged sex acts with the former teacher.

All five teens testified that Schuler was drinking alcohol at the time of the alleged incidents, was a willing participant in the acts and initiated much of the contact.

Last I remember intoxication is neither a defense nor an excuse for criminal acts. We can only hope that the court sees this for what it is, a ploy.

mason_buzz Rachel Richardson
Sellis: "It's fair to say she went above and beyond just training. She's dearly missed." #schulertrial #stacyschuler
47 minutes ago

Schuler has been a trainer for their boys/girls soccer teams for past 6-7 yrs. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
48 minutes ago

Next witness is an older man, Robert Sellis. Retired CPA and varsity soccer coach at a high school. #schulertrial #stacyschuler

http://twitter.com/#!/mason_buzz

Re BBM - that is an understatement Sir!

Defense is moving quickly.

Said Schuler struggles with confrontation and standing up for herself & students could find her weaknesses schulertrial #stacyschuler
3 minutes ago

Said she can see how teenage boys might have interpreted Schuler's openness as flirtatious behavior. schulertrial #stacyschuler
4 minutes ago

Witness on stand now is Emily Schiverski, who taught with Schuler at Mason from 2001-2007. schulertrial #stacyschuler

http://twitter.com/#!/mason_buzz

This was scheduled to be a 3 day trial. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
18 seconds ago

Defense and prosecutor at bench. Seems to be some scheduling conflicts for tomorrow. Judge has other cases. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
25 seconds ago

Schroer says she is surprised by the allegations & says Schuler would never act like that. She steps down. #schulertrial #stacyschuler
1 minute ago

Schroer describes Schuler as a good and caring friend with a "good heart." #schulertrial #stacyschuler
7 minutes ago

Schroer describes Schuler as a good and caring friend with a "good heart." schulertrial #stacyschuler
8 minutes ago

Schroer: "Stacy's one of the most respected teachers at Mason High School." schulertrial #stacyschuler
13 minutes ago

MHS teacher Paula Schroer takes the stand. schulertrial #stacyschuler

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member