801 users online (113 members and 688 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The ‘Belle 8-3-11’ mystery grows

MYSTERIOUS posters with the picture of a girl and a date have been spotted in Spain and around the world.

Internet users have been left wondering about a website which shows a black and white photo of a small girl identified as Belle and the date 8-3-11. The only thing the website asks is for people to print posters with the image and put them up in their area to “spread the word”.
    http://www.euroweeklynews.com/201107...ery-grows.html

The mysterious Belle site is here.
    http://8-3-11.info/

It is known Belle's photo is a split photo of two different girls.
    There is also a boy's head photo split in the same fashion with Belle's features.

Rumors:
    Viral Marketing
    Child Trafficking ring.
    Something to do with a holocaust survivor
    Something to do with the first woman lawyer.
    Extinction event
    among many more.

See what you can find.

Smile

I'd put my money on "viral marketing"
    England's dancing days are done...

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Yeah a lot of people are thinking it is viral marketing for the upcoming movie 11-11-11.

Very Blair Witch Project in terms of a pre-film promo effort.

Maybe 8-3-11 is a date, but in Europe, they would read that as "March 8, 2011" and that date has passed...

They ( 8-3-11 people) answer questions here but, say one must be careful because they will not repeat answers to new people.

http://www.formspring.me/8X3X11

They claim this is not related to money in any way - they exactly say "We are not marketing a movie, book, game, magazine, multimedia experience, roller coaster, grocery store, or anything else you could possibly spend your money on. We are not in this for profit of any kind."

They say the date Aug. 3, 2011 is important
    "Only those who are involved will know details before August the 3rd."

They say Belle is not dead, Is a symbol for the cause, isn't in danger, is American, She is ill/sick but, her illness is not their fault, Was never tortured or physically damaged, Isn't in the hospital, Had a skin disease, Is 6 years old in the photo, is 83 today.

Seems interested in "The Numbers Stations" Old shortwave radio where spies and what not used to repeat numbers. Rumored to be part of the Cornet project since they used some of their recordings but, says no.

The numbers on their website is related to the people involved with the site.

Someone on abovetopsecret.com (conspiracy site) cracked the code on this image that used to be on their site.

Don't Throw Stone has many wondering if it has anything to do with
    John 8:3-11 (bible)

O.K., this is sort of creepy.

Fine. It's really creepy.

That said, I noticed when I was poking about on that site several things:

1. Ice cream truck music, or jewelry box music.
    2. Counting in several languages, including english and german (I think)
    3. A lot of the 'sightings' of the posters are in spanish speaking countries, or at least spanish speaking areas.

I also noticed when scrolling through the photo, that her eyes appear old...like a movie star's from the 40-50s, and not belonging to a child. However, if the photo was taken when she was six, and she is now 83, that photo was taken in 1938 (ish)(I think).

The age of it, combined with the spanish, leads me to think about Argentina, where a lot of Germans went after WW2. However, I don't necessarily believe things being said; and I don't know what to make of all this.

The only other obvious connection to the US is that our "drop dead" deadline for the budget is 08/02/11. The "day after", perhaps? Meh. Dunno.

Like I said, it's sort of creepy...and not much creeps me out (I laughed through the whole Blair Witch thing, for example). I suppose we will see.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

It IS creepy. I've always disliked masks/dolls/paintings where the eyes follow you. It really is the eyes that push it into creepy territory for me. I'm intrigued, so I keep looking at it, and I really wish I didn't.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

where does it say that the photos are split photos are two different girls/boys?

the eyebrows, eyes etc. look the same to me on each side

anyway ... it's weird & creepy for sure, esp. since I saw an answer on that formspring site that said "Belle" isn't part of their group & doesn't even know about this ... so, um, they're using her photo and personal information without her knowledge???

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    where does it say that the photos are split photos are two different girls/boys?

the eyebrows, eyes etc. look the same to me on each side

anyway ... it's weird & creepy for sure, esp. since I saw an answer on that formspring site that said "Belle" isn't part of their group & doesn't even know about this ... so, um, they're using her photo and personal information without her knowledge???
    Bring up the photo in an image editor and play with the contrast you can see remnants of where they fused two photos together (look at the line down the middle of her forehead). The hair has an editing mark in the direction it was facing since it isn't parted. The hair cuts off in the direction and resumes. Some speculate that one half of the photo is Belle at 6 and older on one side 20's or so.

Q: Is she really two halves of a person?
    A. Everybody is two halves of a person

Q. Would Belle be mad if she knew what you were doing?
    A. Not for long.

Q. Is the picture of the girl edited in some way? What software did you use?
    A. Of course it's edited. Abobe Photoshop.

Q. Is her name Belle
    A. She went by that name when she was young .

Q.Was Belle upset when you told her about this?
    A. No.

Q.why the photo of belle is in black and white?
    A. It's old...

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I don't know if I can sleep now.
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

The picture on the right is a younger picture of the same girl. The left eye is longer, nostril is more mature, eye brow filled out and longer. Hair is longer and thicker.

I just wanna know this isn't some sicko thats trying to put out pictures of a little girl that he plans on hurting in some way on 8/3/11 august 3rd 2011......
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Yes me too. I haven't read the whole thread yet. Just wanted to agree with you.

Another weird one.

http://04-04-12.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast