1043 users online (206 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK - Aesusena Gonzalez for starving, abusing 5yo girl, Oklahoma City, 2011

Woman arrested after 5-year-old girl is found being forced to live in closet

A malnourished 5-year-old girl forced to live in a closet weighed less than 20 pounds when taken to a hospital Monday.

The girl had several marks on her thighs that appeared to be from being beaten with a cord, according to a probable cause affidavit. Her arms and legs were very thin, and the bones in her joints were visible.

She had very little muscle tissue on her bones and a couple of small cuts on her arms with dried blood, according to a police report.

Her mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales, 31, was arrested on complaints of child neglect and child abuse.
    ---
    Much more, with video, mug shot of mom, at Daily Oklahoman link above.

What the heck is wrong with people. How could she do that? and she is on bail? FFS
    England's dancing days are done...

And the house has a satellite dish, there at top right. They could afford that, evidently, entertainment for mom and the other kids. (Albeit it might not be hooked up.)

Only $20,000 bail? The mind reels.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    And the house has a satellite dish, there at top right. They could afford that, evidently, entertainment for mom and the other kids. (Albeit it might not be hooked up.)

Only $20,000 bail? The mind reels.
    Often you hear about one child targeted while the rest are treated normally. I don't know if I will ever understand it.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    I can't stand this! What is going on.. what is happening to our society? Why?! why? These poor babies, all of 'em!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    Often you hear about one child targeted while the rest are treated normally. I don't know if I will ever understand it.
    Yeah, wtf. Cuz she looks like dad?! I mean, lady get over yourself! argh! I am so angry

Mother arrested after child found starving in closet

It never ends, does it?

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A metro woman is accused of neglect after a 5-year-old girl in her care was found malnourished and emaciated. Police arrested Asusena Gonzales, 31, on a charge of child neglect.

Investigators say the girl weighed only 19.8 pounds.

Police believe Gonzales kept the child in a closet for extended periods and the child was forced to go to the bathroom in a cup.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/kfo...,4569697.story
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Police seek grandmother of malnourished Oklahoma City girl
    ---
    Maria Gonzales, 50, is sought in the case of a child who police said was forced to live in a closet and given a cup in which to urinate and defecate.
    ---
    According to an arrest warrant, one of the other children in the home at 1124 SW 36 said Maria Gonzales lived in the house and tended them at least two days a week while their mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales, was at work.
    ---
    more at Daily Oklahoman link above

Oh my God! That poor child! Why are people so darn evil. I hope that girl gets the help she needs and goes to a happy home with people who will love and care for her.

So Grandma colluded with it did she? Nasty, really nasty.

I hope that they are punished to the full extent of the law
    England's dancing days are done...

omigod weighed more at an 18 mo check up than now at 5 years of age...i cant believe this...i caught the tail end of this on the news...wtf is wrong w/ these people...

Oh dear God that poor baby.

AnaTeresa brings up a good point. Targeting a single child is called scapegoating and is a crime as old as time. We've had many many threads concerning this dynamic. Not only the abused child suffers but it's been found that other children in the family develop a lack of empathy.

Wikipedia has a very good overview of the practice~"Scapegoating".

I feel bad for all those children. Hopefully they'll be able to all get the help they need.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

An almost textbook case of scapegoating a particular child and favoring others is the murder of Jeanette Maples of Eugene, OR. Her mother was just given the death penalty. Her step-father received life in prison for allowing the abuse to occur. Food is almost always the first weapon of choice. Toileting privileges are second.

During the penalty phase for Theresa McAnulty, Jeanette's mother, there was an overwhelming amount of evidence provided by the prosecution that pointed clearly to the fact that sweet little Jeanette--starved and beaten to death at age 15--was the victim of classic scapegoating.

We have a thread and the information about scapegoating is on the last two pages. The testimony by Jeanette's sister says it all:

Grandmother called hotline before teen was tortured and murdered - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 06-18-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast