GUILTY OK - Aesusena Gonzalez for starving, abusing 5yo girl, Oklahoma City, 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman arrested after 5-year-old girl is found being forced to live in closet

A malnourished 5-year-old girl forced to live in a closet weighed less than 20 pounds when taken to a hospital Monday.

The girl had several marks on her thighs that appeared to be from being beaten with a cord, according to a probable cause affidavit. Her arms and legs were very thin, and the bones in her joints were visible.

She had very little muscle tissue on her bones and a couple of small cuts on her arms with dried blood, according to a police report.

Her mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales, 31, was arrested on complaints of child neglect and child abuse.
---
Much more, with video, mug shot of mom, at Daily Oklahoman link above.

And the house has a satellite dish, there at top right. They could afford that, evidently, entertainment for mom and the other kids. (Albeit it might not be hooked up.)

Only $20,000 bail? The mind reels.

And the house has a satellite dish, there at top right. They could afford that, evidently, entertainment for mom and the other kids. (Albeit it might not be hooked up.)

Only $20,000 bail? The mind reels.

Often you hear about one child targeted while the rest are treated normally. I don't know if I will ever understand it.

I can't stand this! What is going on.. what is happening to our society? Why?! why? These poor babies, all of 'em!

Often you hear about one child targeted while the rest are treated normally. I don't know if I will ever understand it.

Yeah, wtf. Cuz she looks like dad?! I mean, lady get over yourself! argh! I am so angry

It never ends, does it?

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A metro woman is accused of neglect after a 5-year-old girl in her care was found malnourished and emaciated. Police arrested Asusena Gonzales, 31, on a charge of child neglect.

Investigators say the girl weighed only 19.8 pounds.

Police believe Gonzales kept the child in a closet for extended periods and the child was forced to go to the bathroom in a cup.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/kf...d-starving-in-closet-20110721,0,4569697.story

Police seek grandmother of malnourished Oklahoma City girl
---
Maria Gonzales, 50, is sought in the case of a child who police said was forced to live in a closet and given a cup in which to urinate and defecate.
---
According to an arrest warrant, one of the other children in the home at 1124 SW 36 said Maria Gonzales lived in the house and tended them at least two days a week while their mother, Asusena Marie Gonzales, was at work.
---
more at Daily Oklahoman link above

Oh my God! That poor child! Why are people so darn evil. I hope that girl gets the help she needs and goes to a happy home with people who will love and care for her.

So Grandma colluded with it did she? Nasty, really nasty.:sick::loser:

I hope that they are punished to the full extent of the law

omigod weighed more at an 18 mo check up than now at 5 years of age...i cant believe this...i caught the tail end of this on the news...wtf is wrong w/ these people...

AnaTeresa brings up a good point. Targeting a single child is called scapegoating and is a crime as old as time. We've had many many threads concerning this dynamic. Not only the abused child suffers but it's been found that other children in the family develop a lack of empathy.

Wikipedia has a very good overview of the practice~"Scapegoating".

I feel bad for all those children. Hopefully they'll be able to all get the help they need.

An almost textbook case of scapegoating a particular child and favoring others is the murder of Jeanette Maples of Eugene, OR. Her mother was just given the death penalty. Her step-father received life in prison for allowing the abuse to occur. Food is almost always the first weapon of choice. Toileting privileges are second.

During the penalty phase for Theresa McAnulty, Jeanette's mother, there was an overwhelming amount of evidence provided by the prosecution that pointed clearly to the fact that sweet little Jeanette--starved and beaten to death at age 15--was the victim of classic scapegoating.

We have a thread and the information about scapegoating is on the last two pages. The testimony by Jeanette's sister says it all:

Grandmother called hotline before teen was tortured and murdered - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

They got the grandma!

And, as a bonus, the bf was arrested too.

So, that makes 3 adults that did nothing to help this poor child, whose only fault was having the misfortune of 'looking like her father'

Shame, shame, shame on all of you.

http://newsok.com/article/3587576

Oklahoma City Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said she did not know whether Gonzales was running from police when she was arrested in Texas.

Sergio Almeida, 28, was also arrested on a child neglect complaint. One of the five other children taken from the home of Asusena Gonzales told police Almeida lived at the house and stayed there at least two nights a week when not traveling for work

Read more: http://newsok.com/grandmother-of-ma...rested-in-texas/article/3587576#ixzz1SoH2cfWo

Poor, poor little girl. Dear Lord. Three grown *advertiser censored*s people and not one of them took a stand to help this baby?

Were they all mad she resembled her father?

The poor siblings too. It must have been tough for them to be questioned.

This child had to be living on will alone.

My daughter is 4 almost 5 and weighs 54 lbs. This story is so heartbreaking. I would LOVE to take all these child neglecting parents, place them on an island surrounded by sharks, and just leave them be. It's disgusting to think about her sitting on her couch, watching her cable and feeding her face while the 5 yr old is starving in a closet and the grandmother allowed it to happen. Like mother like daughter I guess. This just ticks me off.

The BF too? Oh lord Jesus.

I will never understand this either. I've heard time and time again that mothers (or fathers) pick out a child claiming the child is possessed, or evil, and they tuck them away until they starve to death. Or even make them sleep in cages.

It's maddening to look at the egg donor, and see she hasn't missed a sammich in a long time.

Just waiting to hear her P***-poor excuse.

MOO

Mel

Ditto!! How can a seemingly normal person, know enough to treat some or most of their children ok, but mistreat one or more of them? It defies my mind to realize that a woman could have maternal bonding with one or more children, care for them, treat them well, but abuse another.

There is no excuse for such a crime. Then compound that by other adults being involved and the crime intensifies in its scope and becomes impossible to believe.

What was this boyfriend 'getting', that he would turn his head to this abuse?

Poor dear little one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back