1205 users online (207 members and 998 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I don't get this picture - so I'd appreciate any comments. How did she hang herself? Where did she hang herself from? The balcony you see above appears to be a faux balcony. So did Rebecca open the window, lower the rope down? Then she went downstairs, stood on the table, then jumped off the table?

Someone help me out what I'm seeing here. It makes no sense to me.

MOO

Mel

Attachment 17876
    Good catch! I didn't notice that!! I think it happened the way you describe if she did hang herself. I guess they could still be doors that open? Either way, I do not thing she jumped either way.

I didn't notice that either.
    I don't see any doors, surely she didn't jump out a window!
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    Good catch! I didn't notice that!! I think it happened the way you describe if she did hang herself. I guess they could still be doors that open? Either way, I do not thing she jumped either way.
    Another thought here -- if she jumped off the table, chances are she would kick the table hysterically in instinct. Why is the table directly under the faux balcony? I would expect the table to be tipped over. Just my opinion - I'm no expert on these types of things.

MOO

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    Also from your posted link:

Adam is a "prime witness" who has been "very cooperative," Frank says, adding that he has since left California.

In other pictures, i think there are french door leading to the balcony. The balcony top looks to be about 15 feet from ground. the arrow is pointing to the table (i think the one with 3 legs).
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    In other pictures, i think there are french door leading to the balcony. The balcony top looks to be about 15 feet from ground. the arrow is pointing to the table (i think the one with 3 legs).
    But if the table is where the brother cut her down from, why is the table under the faux balcony? Did he cut her down from another location and move the table? I don't see a balcony where Rebecca could step out from -- other than the faux balcony. She very well may have been able to climb out the window and hang herself. Just seems like another stumbling block to me though -- when there are real balconies to hang oneself out of. This whole scenario is quite baffling.

Again - just my opinion.

Mel

The only way I see this working is she would have had to be on the ground floor, stand on something to put the rope around the balcony, then put the noose end around her neck and jump off whatever she was standing on.

I totally agree that if it was the table, the table would have been knocked over, but it's standing upright. And I don't see anything else there that she could have stood on.

I think the suicide scenario gets less and less likely. It looks to me like to do it the other way, she would have had to climb out the window (that doesn't look like a door off the balcony) and that window is closed. So I'm to believe that on her way to kill herself she took the time to close the window behind her?

That makes no sense to me at all.
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Another thought here -- if she jumped off the table, chances are she would kick the table hysterically in instinct. Why is the table directly under the faux balcony? I would expect the table to be tipped over. Just my opinion - I'm no expert on these types of things.

MOO

Mel
    Her feet were bound, so maybe that prevented kicking?

She sure went to a lot of trouble to kill herself........
    IMO

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/pho...0.photogallery

picture 2 - shows the balcony; it's not very wide; there appears to be 2 shrubs and the table below

picture 8 - if that is a table; it's not the one from the courtyard

picture 15 - shows the entryway - i tried to blow it up; it doesn't look like there is a table or chandelier(sp)

if she stood on the table, should have her dna/foot prints

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carrington View Post
    She sure went to a lot of trouble to kill herself........
    IMO
    ermmmm...that's what I'm thinking. I hope LE is reading here!

Mel

From this photo (upper right corner)...when comparing the balcony to the other windows, it would appear that there are doors up on the balcony.

ETA: Better link http://www.dndb.info/gallery/18/Fhomes1-2-8.jpg
    Last edited by mrsu; 07-21-2011 at 09:10 PM.

From this photo (upper right corner)...when comparing the balcony to the other windows, it would appear that there are doors up on the balcony.

http://www.dndb.info/featured18-1-2.htm
    new window extension photo - yes - shows the balcony. looks mostly for decoration.

thanks, mrsu!

Using the table

There are french doors that open on that balcony.

If the brother walked out and saw her hanging it would have taken a heck of a long time to get into the house, up to the room, then cut her down...with the chance that she fall and get more injured..

Also...if he sees her hanging he isn't going to have enough time to find a ladder... so I would think he would grab the nearest table in the courtyard and pull it over to try to get her down. That balcony is pretty high....

The leg on the table could have been broken when he pulled the table over and when he got her down and her weight fell on him etc....

I think someone pushed her body over the balcony....

Id like to do a poll to see what our intuition is currently on the RN case independent of the MS case.

I will post 3 postings, please thank the one that fits your intuition best at this point and I will report back tomorrow evening with the counts.

The following will be the postings you can choose from:

1. RN case is a murder case.
    2. RN case is a suicide case.
    3. RN case is either a murder or suicide case not sure which yet.

TIA

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast