937 users online (157 members and 780 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 687

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19


    How to Become a Verified Member

    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
    Photos and Maps
    Media Links

    Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

    She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

    Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

    She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
    Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

    Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929



    http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34
    Last edited by bessie; 02-05-2016 at 12:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    173
    Ive read so much today....my mind is swirling. I can not sleep. I cant imagine that her parents r getting much sleep either. PRAYERS FOR HER PARENTS. I swear Im putting my phone down now-the alarm goes off in a hr n a hf. Ouch

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Collingwood , Ontario
    Posts
    1,828
    I really don't think that if they are all into drugs and stuff that they are gonna want the body found because its not like she is your junkie off the street this is a pretty college girl and even if she just OD'd they are gonna run a back check on who she was with and they are gonna /exspecially with this peing so high profile that they are gonna wanna bring in the DEA and thats gonna get alot of or from what i have been reading . Alot of shady people in the mix so i disagree with just dumping the body wanting it found because its an OD. also the 4 P0I's that gave dna I disagree with the thinking that one of them gave dna because he knew no sexuall assault maybe he just assumes because he used a condom that theres none to be found inside her. I think now adays with DNA any sexuall predator with a tv knows he cant or shouldnt leave behind his cemon and thus uses a condom exspecially if he has ever been convicted and his dna is allready in the system.. Last thing and to make clear im just giving out some of my oppinions from the posts i have read. you never or rarly hear the press ask a question so i dont think that friend is hiding anything at all and she did say she didnt just bring that up she did go into that she was with her bf a loving bf of 2 years. most likely you just didnt hear a reporter ask it or u can bet its edited to just the awnsers anyways...
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    I really don't think that if they are all into drugs and stuff that they are gonna want the body found because its not like she is your junkie off the street this is a pretty college girl and even if she just OD'd they are gonna run a back check on who she was with and they are gonna /exspecially with this peing so high profile that they are gonna wanna bring in the DEA and thats gonna get alot of or from what i have been reading . Alot of shady people in the mix so i disagree with just dumping the body wanting it found because its an OD. also the 4 P0I's that gave dna I disagree with the thinking that one of them gave dna because he knew no sexuall assault maybe he just assumes because he used a condom that theres none to be found inside her. I think now adays with DNA any sexuall predator with a tv knows he cant or shouldnt leave behind his cemon and thus uses a condom exspecially if he has ever been convicted and his dna is allready in the system.. Last thing and to make clear im just giving out some of my oppinions from the posts i have read. you never or rarly hear the press ask a question so i dont think that friend is hiding anything at all and she did say she didnt just bring that up she did go into that she was with her bf a loving bf of 2 years. most likely you just didnt hear a reporter ask it or u can bet its edited to just the awnsers anyways...
    I asked and wondered why the DEA wasn't brought in earlier. The FBI as well. There is a high probability she crossed state lines with one of these POI's as well as the fact that BPD doesn't have the resources to fly to these various towns and re-interview these POIs. At what point does a small town police department fess up that they need some national assistance? 2 months have almost past. No offense to BPD but I imagine there are some lay offs after the semester ends and they're working with a skeleton crew. JMO
    "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone, I believe in God, even when He is silent.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,509
    found an interesting article about post concussive amnesia;

    http://www.yourmma.tv/training/detai...sia-in-mma.htm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    573
    Regarding putting an OD'd body out in an alley (or anywhere to be found)......it really doesn't matter what we think might be the most logical. These boys probably had three issues which we (presumably) do not have at the moment: 1. Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol (perhaps a LOT). 2. Extreme fear 3. Maybe some guilt for giving her drugs.

    We all should keep in mind, as this is being analyzed, that these boys are simply NOT going to be make logical decisions. The drugs/alcohol would significantly impair any sense of logic. These guys are still young and impulsive and as I've discussed before, have non fully-developed brains. Add in some fear and it's typical for one in this stage to consider "hiding". Any parent knows how kids react to doing something wrong, or even to accidents. It's natural for a kid to throw a ball in the house, break a vase, and hide or try to repair it so Mom won't find out. Of course this isn't a ball, nor little kids, but the outcome may not be all that different with immature thinking. These are much older "kids", but this is also a much more serious issue. The feeling of "Uh Oh - let's hide it" may not be gone, especially when under the influence. Add in the fact that they may have been a contributor to her OD'ing, and they may just have wanted to get rid of the situation all together. Being under the influence and scared, I'm not sure they would have the sound mind to understand HOW to better deal with it.

    I think it's very important to try to get into their head as we consider what may have happened. I keep reading so many people saying "this doesn't make sense" but yet when you consider how a drunk/drugged person reacts, maybe it does. This is why I keep going back to LS's condition. While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so. I do seem to buy the Mystery Man 3:38 thing, and I'm not sure how this fits in, but the witness certainly describes her to be the same as the person described her coming out of the elevator. How would this witness have known to describe her this way, when this report just came out? I think it's true, but I'm not sure how it fits in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    Regarding putting an OD'd body out in an alley (or anywhere to be found)......it really doesn't matter what we think might be the most logical. These boys probably had three issues which we (presumably) do not have at the moment: 1. Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol (perhaps a LOT). 2. Extreme fear 3. Maybe some guilt for giving her drugs.

    We all should keep in mind, as this is being analyzed, that these boys are simply NOT going to be make logical decisions. The drugs/alcohol would significantly impair any sense of logic. These guys are still young and impulsive and as I've discussed before, have non fully-developed brains. Add in some fear and it's typical for one in this stage to consider "hiding". Any parent knows how kids react to doing something wrong, or even to accidents. It's natural for a kid to throw a ball in the house, break a vase, and hide or try to repair it so Mom won't find out. Of course this isn't a ball, nor little kids, but the outcome may not be all that different with immature thinking. These are much older "kids", but this is also a much more serious issue. The feeling of "Uh Oh - let's hide it" may not be gone, especially when under the influence. Add in the fact that they may have been a contributor to her OD'ing, and they may just have wanted to get rid of the situation all together. Being under the influence and scared, I'm not sure they would have the sound mind to understand HOW to better deal with it.

    I think it's very important to try to get into their head as we consider what may have happened. I keep reading so many people saying "this doesn't make sense" but yet when you consider how a drunk/drugged person reacts, maybe it does. This is why I keep going back to LS's condition. While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so. I do seem to buy the Mystery Man 3:38 thing, and I'm not sure how this fits in, but the witness certainly describes her to be the same as the person described her coming out of the elevator. How would this witness have known to describe her this way, when this report just came out? I think it's true, but I'm not sure how it fits in.
    Well laid out post. I totally agree with you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    Regarding putting an OD'd body out in an alley (or anywhere to be found)......it really doesn't matter what we think might be the most logical. These boys probably had three issues which we (presumably) do not have at the moment: 1. Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol (perhaps a LOT). 2. Extreme fear 3. Maybe some guilt for giving her drugs.

    We all should keep in mind, as this is being analyzed, that these boys are simply NOT going to be make logical decisions. The drugs/alcohol would significantly impair any sense of logic. These guys are still young and impulsive and as I've discussed before, have non fully-developed brains. Add in some fear and it's typical for one in this stage to consider "hiding". Any parent knows how kids react to doing something wrong, or even to accidents. It's natural for a kid to throw a ball in the house, break a vase, and hide or try to repair it so Mom won't find out. Of course this isn't a ball, nor little kids, but the outcome may not be all that different with immature thinking. These are much older "kids", but this is also a much more serious issue. The feeling of "Uh Oh - let's hide it" may not be gone, especially when under the influence. Add in the fact that they may have been a contributor to her OD'ing, and they may just have wanted to get rid of the situation all together. Being under the influence and scared, I'm not sure they would have the sound mind to understand HOW to better deal with it.

    I think it's very important to try to get into their head as we consider what may have happened. I keep reading so many people saying "this doesn't make sense" but yet when you consider how a drunk/drugged person reacts, maybe it does. This is why I keep going back to LS's condition. While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so. I do seem to buy the Mystery Man 3:38 thing, and I'm not sure how this fits in, but the witness certainly describes her to be the same as the person described her coming out of the elevator. How would this witness have known to describe her this way, when this report just came out? I think it's true, but I'm not sure how it fits in.
    I agree with the majority of this, especially the boys' motivation to hide an OD. In terms of LS possibly wanting to buy more coke, etc., I think it depends on the personality. There are users who can't stop ... take John Belushi. He went back to his room drunk, vomited, and went back to partying. The woman who gave him the fatal speedball was charged and convicted. But he wanted to keep on partying. I'm not sure LS COULD have been out looking for more, but she might have TAKEN what was offered.

    And the boys might have freaked if that happened (perhaps justifiably so). Similar to Belushi's death was musician Tim Buckley's: a friend, ticked because an intoxicated Buckley interrupted him having sex, put some heroin on a mirror and told him to take it all. Buckley, described as "rebellious," did just that ... and died from a heroin/alcohol overdose. That friend was also tried and convicted. I agree we need to try and get into their heads, but w/o knowing the personalities, it's hard, IMO.

    I'd like to think that LS wasn't looking for more and that the boys wouldn't hide an OD. But as you note, none of them may have been thinking rationally. The bigger issue I have, actually, is how they could have hidden her body so well if that's what happened. Unless they just got lucky. But as well all know, luck usually runs out.

    PS: Charlene's letter is haunting and heartbreaking.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    I agree with the majority of this, especially the boys' motivation to hide an OD. In terms of LS possibly wanting to buy more coke, etc., I think it depends on the personality. There are users who can't stop ... take John Belushi. He went back to his room drunk, vomited, and went back to partying. The woman who gave him the fatal speedball was charged and convicted. But he wanted to keep on partying. I'm not sure LS COULD have been out looking for more, but she might have TAKEN what was offered.

    And the boys might have freaked if that happened (perhaps justifiably so). Similar to Belushi's death was musician Tim Buckley's: a friend, ticked because an intoxicated Buckley interrupted him having sex, put some heroin on a mirror and told him to take it all. Buckley, described as "rebellious," did just that ... and died from a heroin/alcohol overdose. That friend was also tried and convicted. I agree we need to try and get into their heads, but w/o knowing the personalities, it's hard, IMO.

    I'd like to think that LS wasn't looking for more and that the boys wouldn't hide an OD. But as you note, none of them may have been thinking rationally. The bigger issue I have, actually, is how they could have hidden her body so well if that's what happened. Unless they just got lucky. But as well all know, luck usually runs out.

    PS: Charlene's letter is haunting and heartbreaking.
    IMO it has nothing to do with personality, but rather the level of addiction. People of many different types of personality fall to addition. That said, if she was taking Xanex bars and cocaine every night, as often as Jim Bulushi did drugs, I find it hard to believe she could have performed so well in college. There have been comments regarding what a great student she's been. We need to remember how little LS is. I'm not saying that she may not have wanted more, at some point, but physically, how was she capable of going out to get it? This thought is in reference to Northsider's comments about her maybe going to a DD's house and ODing. The only way I do wonder if someone OFFERED her more, is if some of her friends believed that some more coke would contradict the effects of the Xanex. That's an entirely possible idea, and if true, it would give more reason to them wanting to hide her body. I think that even in their own minds, they could be justifying what they did. They may have been trying to "help" her in the only way they knew how - to contradict one drug's effect on her body. Very scary to play Doctor.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    IMO it has nothing to do with personality, but rather the level of addiction. People of many different types of personality fall to addition. That said, if she was taking Xanex bars and cocaine every night, as often as Jim Bulushi did drugs, I find it hard to believe she could have performed so well in college. There have been comments regarding what a great student she's been. We need to remember how little LS is. I'm not saying that she may not have wanted more, at some point, but physically, how was she capable of going out to get it? This thought is in reference to Northsider's comments about her maybe going to a DD's house and ODing. The only way I do wonder if someone OFFERED her more, is if some of her friends believed that some more coke would contradict the effects of the Xanex. That's an entirely possible idea, and if true, it would give more reason to them wanting to hide her body. I think that even in their own minds, they could be justifying what they did. They may have been trying to "help" her in the only way they knew how - to contradict one drug's effect on her body. Very scary to play Doctor.
    I'm not inclined to think she went looking for it, either. If CR was messed up, I believe it was from alcohol/xanax more than anything. And her alleged condition at Smallwood suggests they were in it together, IMO. So true about her size ... so tiny. That's what drew me to this case: she reminds me of my daughter.

    Re: level of addiction. I got the feeling from HT's interviews that LS partied hard, but I don't trust HT all that much, either. Perhaps since she was so functional at school, something drove her to want more that night? Problems with JW, whatever? Just trying to work it out in my head ...

    The "playing doctor" idea is interesting and worth pursuing, IMO. The worst I've ever felt in my life was from a migraine that I took too much to try to combat ... pain relievers, sinus medicine, caffeine, all OTC stuff. Desperate measures don't always end well. And yes, they might justify that they were just trying to help. Guilt does weird things as well.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so.
    All I know about coke is what I've read, but it's not necessarily consistent with this.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    All I know about coke is what I've read, but it's not necessarily consistent with this.
    I'm not sure that I understand in what way you feel that coke isn't consistent with my comment below, because my point was centered around her physical description, rather than drugs. If you're implying that coke isn't consistent with the foaming at the mouth, etc., that's true, but Xanex can be, and that's why I included it. The way that she has been described physically, is consistent with taking Xanex bars and mixing it with other things, as she was rumored to have done. My point was that regardless of what she may have taken, I don't feel that she was physically in any shape to be out wanting to get more of ANY drug. It's been rumored that she may have gone to a DD's house to get more coke, and that she may have OD'd there, after he fell asleep. While I think this is possible, I think it's highly unlikely, given her physically described state. I think it's more likely that she passed out somewhere and never woke up. I think she either went somewhere else, straight from the gravel lot, or went to 5 North and never left. I can't see someone of this description being capable of walking out the door and down the street alone,less than 2 hours later.



    "While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so." -

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    "While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so." -
    Having never done coke or xanax, I can't say what a person who has done either or both is feeling or thinking.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    Having never done coke or xanax, I can't say what a person who has done either or both is feeling or thinking.
    I remember being around people who did coke in college. Outwardly, you would not really have known, had I not seen them do it, aside from them having an over abundance of energy. As for Xanex, I have a relative who takes it as prescribed. She is knocked out from it. I can only imagine that if she had taken more than the prescribed strength, and combined with alcohol, she'd be stumbling out of elevators and falling on her knees....maybe even foaming at the mouth. One little dose makes her funny to talk to, just before she has to go to bed. If she had cocaine on board, she may be more functioning.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    Regarding putting an OD'd body out in an alley (or anywhere to be found)......it really doesn't matter what we think might be the most logical. These boys probably had three issues which we (presumably) do not have at the moment: 1. Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol (perhaps a LOT). 2. Extreme fear 3. Maybe some guilt for giving her drugs.

    We all should keep in mind, as this is being analyzed, that these boys are simply NOT going to be make logical decisions. The drugs/alcohol would significantly impair any sense of logic. These guys are still young and impulsive and as I've discussed before, have non fully-developed brains. Add in some fear and it's typical for one in this stage to consider "hiding". Any parent knows how kids react to doing something wrong, or even to accidents. It's natural for a kid to throw a ball in the house, break a vase, and hide or try to repair it so Mom won't find out. Of course this isn't a ball, nor little kids, but the outcome may not be all that different with immature thinking. These are much older "kids", but this is also a much more serious issue. The feeling of "Uh Oh - let's hide it" may not be gone, especially when under the influence. Add in the fact that they may have been a contributor to her OD'ing, and they may just have wanted to get rid of the situation all together. Being under the influence and scared, I'm not sure they would have the sound mind to understand HOW to better deal with it.

    I think it's very important to try to get into their head as we consider what may have happened. I keep reading so many people saying "this doesn't make sense" but yet when you consider how a drunk/drugged person reacts, maybe it does. This is why I keep going back to LS's condition. While I think ODing is a real possibility, it's now hard to believe she left to go to a DD's house, wanting to buy more coke, in the newly as-described condition. I don't think she'd even be asking. Don't think like a person who WANTS to party, wanting more coke. Think like a person admitting to taking Xanex, who's foaming at the mount, stumbling out of an elevator, falling on you knees, and needing to be scooped up and helped out of a building. Would YOU be walking down the street two hours later, out looking for coke? I don't think so. I do seem to buy the Mystery Man 3:38 thing, and I'm not sure how this fits in, but the witness certainly describes her to be the same as the person described her coming out of the elevator. How would this witness have known to describe her this way, when this report just came out? I think it's true, but I'm not sure how it fits in.
    For me rather than try to put myself in their position I would rather look at other people that were put in their position and see how they react.Unfortunately a college student OD is not a new thing.In those cases what do the other students usually do.They may panic and delay calling for help.Hide any evidence before calling the police claim no knowledge of drug use.But transport a body and dump it?How often does that happen?
    I will admit dumping her body after she OD makes a lot more sense if she OD on a drug not that she took willingly (cocaine) but on a date rape drug so that evidence found from her body would point to foul play rather than an accident.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34
    By bessie in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 996
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 11:36 PM
  2. Replies: 655
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 03:19 AM
  3. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
  4. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10
    By bessie in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 911
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
  5. Replies: 541
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Tags for this Thread