*** [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9888728&postcount=1035"]How to Submit an Anonymous Tip in the Lauren Spierer Case[/ame] ***
Welcome and thank you for joining the discussion.
Good Things to Know before you Post
- Websleuths is a victim friendly environment. Discussing a victim's behavior or character is acceptable only when it's relevant to the circumstances of the case and done so in a reasonable manner. This policy extends to family members of the victim, as well.
- Do not attack or bash other members. Arguments should be aimed at the post, but not at the poster. If you're having a consistent problem with a member who always gets under your skin, go to the User Control Panel and enter a selection to ignore that member. If you need help finding the Ignore feature, a mod will be glad to help you.
- If you see an offensive post, don't call out the poster. Hit the Alert icon (red triangle) so a mod can handle the problem. If you respond to the post, you risk becoming part of the problem. If you quote an offensive post that is later deleted by a mod, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
- Rumors circulating on other message boards and websites meant to harm or incriminate individuals not mentioned in MSM reports as parties in a case, must remain where you found them.
- Do not link to Facebook, Myspace and other social networking sites associated with individuals, such as relatives and friends of victims and suspects. Generally, it is okay to link to a victim's page or a named suspect's page.
- Do not copy and paste posts or comments from other sites. If you come across a post/comment that is pertinent to the discussion, type a sentence or two describing what it says, and then post a link. Please use common sense when referencing comments from other sites.
- We can cut and paste from MSM news articles, but no more than 10% of the original article. And always provide a link.
- Do not ask other members to send you a PM, and do not discuss PM's in the open forum. Remember, the P stands for "Private".
- Members who wish to post opinions as experts or professionals in a particular field; or, members who wish to post as locals/insiders with specific information about a case, must first be verified. See the link below for more information.
- If you have any doubts or questions about what is acceptable, please do not hesitate to contact a mod.
These links contain helpful user information. Others are posted in the sticky sections of the forums.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
How to Become a Verified Member
Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.