Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 687
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC transplant to rural PA
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
    Does anyone know if LE can legally get phone records for any of the POI's?
    I think early on we had a couple of legal minds assure us that there was enough cause to be able to get warrants.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:


  3. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogzilla View Post
    THERE IS NO EVIDENCE ANYBODY IS INVOLVED!!!
    Huh?

    1. JR, the self-proclaimed last person to see LS alive, has a story (he watched her walk solidly to the corner and turn) that some say is impossible on his end (he couldn't see her from that vantage point at that hour - personally I've never been convinced by this charge, but many are) and either way appears potentially impossible on hers, as it is seriously inconsistent with the testimony of several people that at 2:40 (and perhaps 3:40) she was inebriated to the point at which she could not talk or walk (itself supported by JR's story, who suggested he needed proof otherwise). We cannot say the same of any other POI - MB's story that he was working on papers is supported by their being turned in the next day, CR's amnesia story is supported by rumored xanax use and/or the videotaped assault, JW's story is supported by the testimony of his roommate, absence of any evidence he ever left home, and LE access to his/her phone and his car, and DR's story is supported by SW camera/entry data, LE access to his phone, and absence of any evidence he was involved past 1:30-45. Whether or not any of these stories are true, they at least make logical sense (JW went to sleep before the confrontation occurred). JR's does not.

    2. JR was clearly awake (or passed out in LS's presence) circa the time of her disappearance, per the cellphone call from his phone. We cannot establish that that is true of any other POI - that is an hour at which most people, even partying college students, are asleep, or maybe pulling an all-nighter. We can also establish it is not true of at least two POI - CR (who has been poly'd along with his roommate), and JW (whose roommate has told same to Federal LE, presumably on pain of false statement and obstruction of justice charges).

    3. JR has not submitted to a LE polygraph, preferring a private administration (as indicated by his lawyer's statement re providing results to LE). JR may not in fact have ever spoken directly to LE. We cannot say the same of any other POI - CR and MB have submitted to LE polys, DR has spoken to LE and may not have even been asked to take one, and JW's statements, while arguable, suggest (to me) that he took a LE poly, consistent with LE's description of him as cooperative two days after they administered polys to CR and MB.

    4. JR has not spoken to anyone in the media. We cannot say the same of any other prime POI except MB (iirc) - CR and DR have spoken on camera, and JW's media contact is now infamous here.

    5. JR may not have participated in any searches (though I'm not sure about this one). We cannot say the same of any other prime POI - CR/MB asked around about the "little blond girl," and DR and JW have participated in volunteer searches.

    6. JR supposedly skipped town fast; at least, we have no evidence that he was around after 6/3. We cannot say the same about any other prime POI - JW was around until at least 6/9 or 10, and CR/MB and DR until at least 6/17, if not longer.

    I mean, what am I missing here?


  4. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    the self-proclaimed last person to see LS alive
    I'm not even sure that that was self-proclaimed - recall that it was believed for a while that CR was that person, and JR's name came out when CR's lawyer started talking to the media.


  5. #379
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    Huh?

    1. JR, the self-proclaimed last person to see LS alive, has a story (he watched her walk solidly to the corner and turn) that some say is impossible on his end (he couldn't see her from that vantage point at that hour - personally I've never been convinced by this charge, but many are) and either way appears potentially impossible on hers, as it is seriously inconsistent with the testimony of several people that at 2:40 (and perhaps 3:40) she was inebriated to the point at which she could not talk or walk (itself supported by JR's story, who suggested he needed proof otherwise). We cannot say the same of any other POI - MB's story that he was working on papers is supported by their being turned in the next day, CR's amnesia story is supported by rumored xanax use and/or the videotaped assault, JW's story is supported by the testimony of his roommate, absence of any evidence he ever left home, and LE access to his/her phone and his car, and DR's story is supported by SW camera/entry data, LE access to his phone, and absence of any evidence he was involved past 1:30-45. Whether or not any of these stories are true, they at least make logical sense (JW went to sleep before the confrontation occurred). JR's does not.

    2. JR was clearly awake (or passed out in LS's presence) circa the time of her disappearance, per the cellphone call from his phone. We cannot establish that that is true of any other POI - that is an hour at which most people, even partying college students, are asleep, or maybe pulling an all-nighter. We can also establish it is not true of at least two POI - CR (who has been poly'd along with his roommate), and JW (whose roommate has told same to Federal LE, presumably on pain of false statement and obstruction of justice charges).

    3. JR has not submitted to a LE polygraph, preferring a private administration (as indicated by his lawyer's statement re providing results to LE). JR may not in fact have ever spoken directly to LE. We cannot say the same of any other POI - CR and MB have submitted to LE polys, DR has spoken to LE and may not have even been asked to take one, and JW's statements, while arguable, suggest (to me) that he took a LE poly, consistent with LE's description of him as cooperative two days after they administered polys to CR and MB.

    4. JR has not spoken to anyone in the media. We cannot say the same of any other prime POI except MB (iirc) - CR and DR have spoken on camera, and JW's media contact is now infamous here.

    5. JR may not have participated in any searches (though I'm not sure about this one). We cannot say the same of any other prime POI - CR/MB asked around about the "little blond girl," and DR and JW have participated in volunteer searches.

    6. JR supposedly skipped town fast; at least, we have no evidence that he was around after 6/3. We cannot say the same about any other prime POI - JW was around until at least 6/9 or 10, and CR/MB and DR until at least 6/17, if not longer.

    I mean, what am I missing here?
    Can you clarify what you are giving evidence JR is involved in? I think you'd agree that none of this is evidence of him being involved in a crime.


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:


  7. #380
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    Huh?

    1. JR, the self-proclaimed last person to see LS alive, has a story (he watched her walk solidly to the corner and turn) that some say is impossible on his end (he couldn't see her from that vantage point at that hour - personally I've never been convinced by this charge, but many are) and either way appears potentially impossible on hers, as it is seriously inconsistent with the testimony of several people that at 2:40 (and perhaps 3:40) she was inebriated to the point at which she could not talk or walk (itself supported by JR's story, who suggested he needed proof otherwise). We cannot say the same of any other POI - MB's story that he was working on papers is supported by their being turned in the next day, CR's amnesia story is supported by rumored xanax use and/or the videotaped assault, JW's story is supported by the testimony of his roommate, absence of any evidence he ever left home, and LE access to his/her phone and his car, and DR's story is supported by SW camera/entry data, LE access to his phone, and absence of any evidence he was involved past 1:30-45. Whether or not any of these stories are true, they at least make logical sense (JW went to sleep before the confrontation occurred). JR's does not.

    2. JR was clearly awake (or passed out in LS's presence) circa the time of her disappearance, per the cellphone call from his phone. We cannot establish that that is true of any other POI - that is an hour at which most people, even partying college students, are asleep, or maybe pulling an all-nighter. We can also establish it is not true of at least two POI - CR (who has been poly'd along with his roommate), and JW (whose roommate has told same to Federal LE, presumably on pain of false statement and obstruction of justice charges).

    3. JR has not submitted to a LE polygraph, preferring a private administration (as indicated by his lawyer's statement re providing results to LE). JR may not in fact have ever spoken directly to LE. We cannot say the same of any other POI - CR and MB have submitted to LE polys, DR has spoken to LE and may not have even been asked to take one, and JW's statements, while arguable, suggest (to me) that he took a LE poly, consistent with LE's description of him as cooperative two days after they administered polys to CR and MB.

    4. JR has not spoken to anyone in the media. We cannot say the same of any other prime POI except MB (iirc) - CR and DR have spoken on camera, and JW's media contact is now infamous here.

    5. JR may not have participated in any searches (though I'm not sure about this one). We cannot say the same of any other prime POI - CR/MB asked around about the "little blond girl," and DR and JW have participated in volunteer searches.

    6. JR supposedly skipped town fast; at least, we have no evidence that he was around after 6/3. We cannot say the same about any other prime POI - JW was around until at least 6/9 or 10, and CR/MB and DR until at least 6/17, if not longer.

    I mean, what am I missing here?
    In other words no evidence.No arrests.Maybe phone records and whatever they come up with from the POI search will show something of benefit.


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inspector Gidget For This Useful Post:


  9. #381
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    (snipped)... JW's story is supported by the testimony of his roommate, absence of any evidence he ever left home, and LE access to his/her phone and his car
    When you say the 'testimony' of his roommate, are you referring to the posts on the Phish board by the person claiming to be JW's roommate, or has this been established by another source?

    Also, has there been any confirmation that LE has had access to JW's phone and car, and if so, whether this supports his story?

    TIA


  10. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    Can you clarify what you are giving evidence JR is involved in? I think you'd agree that none of this is evidence of him being involved in a crime.
    It's evidence of his being involved in or at least knowledgeable of LS's disappearance, which is what we're talking about here. Whether any crime was committed by anyone is for LE and the courts.


  11. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyR View Post
    When you say the 'testimony' of his roommate, are you referring to the posts on the Phish board by the person claiming to be JW's roommate, or has this been established by another source?

    Also, has there been any confirmation that LE has had access to JW's phone and car, and if so, whether this supports his story?

    TIA
    I'm referring to his references to speaking to Federal LE, yes. I believe I've read in mainstream sources that LE has had access to his phone and car. I may be wrong.


  12. #384
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    It's evidence of his being involved in or at least knowledgeable of LS's disappearance, which is what we're talking about here. Whether any crime was committed by anyone is for LE and the courts.
    I'll have to disagree then.

    (summary mine)Leaving town fast, not submitting to a LE administered poly, not being involved in the searches, not speaking to anyone in the media, being awake or having his phone used by LS, and claiming to have seen her walk to the corner is not evidence that he is knowledgeable or involved (both of which are crimes, btw).

    edit to above- having knowledge of disappearance is probably murky to be implicit in a crime, I'll back off statement above on that.


  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:


  14. #385
    It's (circumstantial, perhaps) evidence that he has not talked/cooperated to the same degree others have, and that what he has said makes less sense than what others have said. All on top of his being the acknowledged last to see her. Unless something happened to her in the 2.5 blocks it took her to get home, or somewhere else out of camera range she may have wandered, I don't see how it's even a question that he knows more.


  15. #386
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    I'm referring to his references to speaking to Federal LE, yes. I believe I've read in mainstream sources that LE has had access to his phone and car. I may be wrong.
    Maybe that's why they questioned him again last week,we just don't know.As far as the roommate providing an alibi for JW.I would not legally consider that an alibi.Considering that people do lie for their friends.I read the Phish board and I could get on there and say I was his sister.They know everyone is reading there and I have seen where they mentioned Websleuths a few times.I take that place with a grain of salt.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Inspector Gidget For This Useful Post:


  17. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
    Maybe that's why they questioned him again last week,we just don't know.As far as the roommate providing an alibi for JW.I would not legally consider that an alibi.Considering that people do lie for their friends.I read the Phish board and I could get on there and say I was his sister.They know everyone is reading there and I have seen where they mentioned Websleuths a few times.I take that place with a grain of salt.
    We don't know that they questioned him. We know he spoke to them.

    You could get on there and say whatever you want but everyone would know that you joined yesterday and you would have no good way to establish some indicator that what you have to say is reliable.


  18. #388
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    I'll have to disagree then.

    (summary mine)Leaving town fast, not submitting to a LE administered poly, not being involved in the searches, not speaking to anyone in the media, being awake or having his phone used by LS, and claiming to have seen her walk to the corner is not evidence that he is knowledgeable or involved (both of which are crimes, btw).

    edit to above- having knowledge of disappearance is probably murky to be implicit in a crime, I'll back off statement above on that.
    I don't believe LE wanted any of the POI's from the start to be involved in the
    searches.


  19. #389
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
    Maybe that's why they questioned him again last week,we just don't know.As far as the roommate providing an alibi for JW.I would not legally consider that an alibi.Considering that people do lie for their friends.I read the Phish board and I could get on there and say I was his sister.They know everyone is reading there and I have seen where they mentioned Websleuths a few times.I take that place with a grain of salt.
    FWIW the person claiming to be his roommate had registered for that board years ago and happens to have the same first name and initials as his current roommate. He also responded back in kind to another user with the same first initial and last name of JW's roommate's brother.


  20. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Gidget View Post
    I don't believe LE wanted any of the POI's from the start to be involved in the
    searches.
    LE has confirmed that JW participated in volunteer searches. DR spoke on camera with a news reporter while apparently participating in same.


Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 684
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 04:35 AM
  2. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10
    By bessie in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 911
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
  3. Replies: 798
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. Replies: 506
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 03:13 AM
  5. Replies: 535
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •