Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

I would like to believe that, rather than a cover-up, this indicates that LE has info and they discussed with the Spierers that getting psychic info out to the public might be detrimental to the investigation.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

The point that I was trying to make was not being that there was a coverup but that Lauren's parents weren't notified that search dogs hit on a spot.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

& fwiw, her dogs hit the spot where caylee anthony was later found. imo, this lady is no joke! I hope the parents put their PI on it!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jenniek For This Useful Post:

I'm listening right now.

So let's talk about this. Even though the Spierer's report that they are "part of the investigative team," would there be a legitimate reason for LE to keep this info from the parents?

I would imagine that there might be.... and the fact that they (apparently) were the ones who called off the psychic, they must have been convinced by LE that they are working in the right direction.. I just don't know.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    The point that I was trying to make was not being that there was a coverup but that Lauren's parents weren't notified that search dogs hit on a spot.
    Unfortunately, parents aren't always given all the information in an investigation. Sometimes it is a good thing, and sometimes perhaps LE is being over cautious. Don't know which this is.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    I'm listening right now.

So let's talk about this. Even though the Spierer's report that they are "part of the investigative team," would there be a legitimate reason for LE to keep this info from the parents?

I would imagine that there might be.... and the fact that they (apparently) were the ones who called off the psychic, they must have been convinced by LE that they are working in the right direction.. I just don't know.
    Well, I don't feel that the Spierer's should be left out of vital information, for no reason whatsoever. When typically that happens and the parents are left out, then they begin to wonder what else of importance they have been left out of.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    I'm listening right now.

A legitimate reason would be if LE thought they would leak the info to the public and that could compromise the case. And they may have this concern with the Spierers, after they went public about the confrontation in Smallwood.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

so, according to the audio, she's still in Bloomington?

I mean the psychic... not LS

OK NVM.. I see the date on this recording is July 18. I'll just listen to the end.
    Last edited by bloom54; 07-24-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added explanation

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    A legitimate reason would be if LE thought they would leak the info to the public and that could compromise the case. And they may have this concern with the Spierers, after they went public about the confrontation in Smallwood.
    Normally I'm right there with you elmomom, but, even in the Morgan Harrington case, her parents went public with much more info than LE wanted them to. I don't think that something as important as where cadaver dogs hit on a scent should be kept from the family, or the public. JMHO

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Normally I'm right there with you elmomom, but, even in the Morgan Harrington case, her parents went public with much more info than LE wanted them to. I don't think that something as important as where cadaver dogs hit on a scent should be kept from the family, or the public. JMHO
    I'm just telling it the way LE may see it. I don't know that I agree, or disagree. I just don't know enough to have an opinion (as is with much of this case)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johneverett View Post
    "Activities in the alley"

Thoughts? I really have no idea what the definition of activities is.

It seems unlikely they are doing drugs outside where there is a camera every few feet.

Plus they live nearby, so you do the drugs at home.

Sex? Same as above unless you have public fetish. Sorry, that is so crude. At any rate, I don't think that was it at all.

Plus the leggings.

Buying drugs? Also in public with all those cameras?

How hard would it be to catch and convict if everyone just bought and consumed like that with all those cameras?

Back to my original question - does anyone have new thoughts on the alley activity?
    My understanding of the law re. drugs is that LE could not make an arrest based on seeing one smoking a bong on video, or popping a pill. Having a bong is not illegal (at least in most states) because you can use this for legal drugs. If one is shown on video taking a pill, how would LE know that it wasn't prescribed? How would they even know what the pill is? If there is a bong on video, there's no evidence/proof that it contained any illegal drugs. Therefore I don't believe any drug use caught on tape could lead to an arrest......just a lot of questions. Even if they were buying drugs on camera, again.......hard to prove what was in the bag. When cameras are used for drug busts, it usually involves an informant who has the "goods" to prove what was purchased. That wouldn't be true in this case.

I have literally walked down the street in some cities and passed people who were OBVIOUSLY smoking a joint right on the street (obvious b/c of the smell). Cops were walking past and did nothing. I'm not talking about lots of people doing this to the point where it would be hard to police, like at a concert. I'm talking about in a shopping area of a city and a passing a few random people standing alone.....Yikes.

Why? A cadaver dog hitting on a scent is unimportant unless the follow-up translates to finding the victim or information about the victim. I dont know if LE feels the need to have Mr. and Mrs. Speirer ride the roller-coaster of emotions every time an incomplete piece of information comes up. Also, they have been very public and outspoken throughout this case. LE may, indeed, be keeping everything quiet for a reason.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Smurf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    Why? A cadaver dog hitting on a scent is unimportant unless the follow-up translates to finding the victim or information about the victim. I dont know if LE feels the need to have Mr. and Mrs. Speirer ride the roller-coaster of emotions every time an incomplete piece of information comes up. Also, they have been very public and outspoken throughout this case. LE may, indeed, be keeping everything quiet for a reason.
    Not necessarily unimportant. Morgan's scent was located on the Copeley Bridge, and it wasn't until Gil Harrington told the public LE finally came out and said yes they did hit there. Morgan's remains weren't found there.

Not necessarily unimportant. Morgan's scent was located on the Copeley Bridge, and it wasn't until Gil Harrington told the public LE finally came out and said yes they did hit there. Morgan's remains weren't found there.

I agree. maybe insignificant is a better word. I feel like, at this point, the Speirer's have probably had their hopes lifted and dropped so many times that I may hesitate to share information unless I felt that it certainly moved the case forward. I am not LE; just trying to put myself in their position and determine how I might act in the same situation. Of course, that is much easier to do while sitting on my couch.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Smurf For This Useful Post:

My question isn't so much about why LE may have kept this info from the Spierers, but why would the Spierers no longer want this guy's help? I wasn't clear whether the Spierers asked for him to come, or he offered. Regardless, if LE is withholding info, as appears to be the case, and this guy has discovered something (that LE also discovered), then why would they no longer want his help?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby66 View Post
    My question isn't so much about why LE may have kept this info from the Spierers, but why would the Spierers no longer want this guy's help? I wasn't clear whether the Spierers asked for him to come, or he offered. Regardless, if LE is withholding info, as appears to be the case, and this guy has discovered something (that LE also discovered), then why would they no longer want his help?

Is there any proof that help from a psychic actually amounts to anything? Not asking to be obnoxious, but is there any conclusive evidence that a psychic has helped to solve a case? Some vets on here might know the answer to this.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Smurf For This Useful Post:

Actually, now I'm wondering about the picture from a couple days ago, where the private investigators vehicles were parked behind 5 Townhouse.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

From what I remember... according to Gail on that radio show... 17th St? Also, I didn't remember dogs being involved in that "Blind Drive".

Gail did a "Blind Drive" in the Anthony case and alerted to the location where Caylee was eventually found. I think that drive is on video. Also, I don't think the dogs were involved.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to StrayKat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
    From what I remember... according to Gail on that radio show... 17th St? Also, I didn't remember dogs being involved in that "Blind Drive".

Gail did a "Blind Drive" in the Anthony case and alerted to the location where Caylee was eventually found. I think that drive is on video. Also, I don't think the dogs were involved.

I saw this video, but I am always skeptical of things that come out after the fact. She could have 30 other tapes sitting in her closet, that hit on spots Caylee wasnt found at.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Smurf For This Useful Post:

Is there any proof that help from a psychic actually amounts to anything? Not asking to be obnoxious, but is there any conclusive evidence that a psychic has helped to solve a case? Some vets on here might know the answer to this.
    this psychic who is a lady btw, found the remains of caylee anthony, the same dog hit the area. the area was underwater so nothing could happen until it dried, but I don't think this lady is a joke at all, sorry!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to jenniek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    Possibility #1
    LS was headed for someplace in Smallwood (whether hers or someone else's) and this group, or part of this group was there hanging out.
    Possibility #2
    Encounter happened because of something at Kilroy's, and continued and escalated at Smallwood - maybe one or two people at Kilroys enlisting a group by phone at Smallwood?

Either of these is possible, I'm sure there are other ways to imagine this encounter.

And what was it about we've heard 2 stories:
    CR's behavior towards LS
    Drugs

?
    c) Continuation of a fight that started at the Indy 500 . Which could possibly be related to a) or b) or something else entirely.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

I saw this video, but I am always skeptical of things that come out after the fact. She could have 30 other tapes sitting in her closet, that hit on spots Caylee wasnt found at.
    I agree.

It has been known for LE to call in psychics on cases.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniek View Post
    this psychic who is a lady btw, found the remains of caylee anthony, the same dog hit the area. the area was underwater so nothing could happen until it dried, but I don't think this lady is a joke at all, sorry!
    What dog hit on that area? I do not remember a dog hitting on that area.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast