GUILTY Norway - Bombing & Shooting at Youth Camp in Oslo, 22 July 2011 *parole request 2021*

Another incident appears to be targeting the PM. It was just posted 33 minutes ago on twitter. First the building his office was in is bombed then this....ETA: responding tweets now state the PM was not at the conference the shooting took place at. Weird though to have so much govt targeted violence in one day in Norway. IMO.

http://twitter.com/#!/guardian_world

Man disguised as a police officer began shooting where prime minister Jens Stoltenberg was attending party conference at Utoya

Does seem very odd for 2 incidents to happen on the same day if there not linked.

Earlier responding tweets that I can't find now say the PM was scheduled to appear at the conference but had not yet done so. FWIW.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/22/explosion-damages-buildings-in-norwegian-capital/

(snip)
The blast comes as Norway grapples with a homegrown terror plot linked to Al Qaeda. Two suspects are in jail awaiting charges.
Last week, a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the Scandinavian country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar -- the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam -- made to various news media, including American network NBC.
Terrorism has also been a concern in neighboring Denmark since an uproar over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad six years ago. Danish authorities say they have foiled several terror plots linked to the 2005 newspaper cartoons that triggered protests in Muslim countries. Last month, a Danish appeals court on Wednesday sentenced a Somali man to 10 years in prison for breaking into the home of the cartoonist.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...buildings-in-norwegian-capital/#ixzz1SrAtWIFw

This is scary to me since the US just recently issued the raised alert here this week.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-oslo-explosion-20110723,0,2369807.story

(snip)
In 2003, an audiotape by Ayman Zawahiri, who succeeded Osama bin Laden as leader of Al Qaeda after his death in May, urged militants to attack the U.S., Britain, Australia and Norway.

Many Norwegians were puzzled at the inclusion of their country on the list; explanations centered on Norway's participation in the war in Afghanistan.

Six years ago, many Muslims around the world and at home were angered when a Norwegian newspaper published cartoons from Denmark that protesters said insulted the prophet Muhammad.

Oslo is also a contributor to the aerial campaign over Libya

I am so shocked to see the city that born and raised me being under attack.

But more...

the shooting at Utøya is worse.

A fake police man comes to a political youth camp and starts shooting. Kids jump in the water to swim away from the horrow.

Utøya is a small island, 700 teens/youth were there today. Jumping in the ocean is the only option...

The horrow these kids must have felt. I am crying when I think about my Norwegian sisters and brothers hurt today.

And I just wanna say:

I wish Norway would stop engaging in military operations all over the world.

We are a very peaceful nation and people...

And I just wanna say:

I wish Norway would stop engaging in military operations all over the world.

We are a very peaceful nation and people...

I am very surprised to read today that Norway is such a terrorist target.

ETA: sending my prayers to the people of Norway.

From the front page.
http://www.cnn.com/

Police have good reason to think the deadly explosion in central Oslo is linked to the shooting on an island where a political youth camp was being held, NRK reports. LIVE BLOG

A couple of weeks ago, I was in Finland and Sweden. In Finland, I saw quite a few refugee Muslims, the women were mostly in full long dress/scarf combos. If they were with a man, they were walking five steps behind him.

The guide I was with said that it isn't working out with Finland supporting people who are so different from the Fins. The refugees don't like the cold, the language is very hard to learn and for a small country, supporting people who have lots of children and who can't find jobs is getting very hard.

It seems to me that rather than taking people from such a different culture, with a wish to keep their religion rules above state law, and climate is not good! Maybe Saudi Arabia, where there is plenty of money and the need for unskilled labor would be a better choice. So why isn't Saudi Arabia stepping up?

Horrifying. As bad as the bomb blasts in Oslo are, I keep thinking of those "mostly 15-16 year old" kids at camp. You send your kid to camp and think that you have to worry about stuff like poison ivy or a broken arm, not a terrorist attack!

Prayers for the people of Norway, especially the victims and their families.

Good God. Prayers for Norway. The word 'horrific' doesn't begin to cover it. Prayers for us all.

Fox news is reporting 25 bodies at youth camp.

My heart is breaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back