Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    A couple of weeks ago, I was in Finland and Sweden. In Finland, I saw quite a few refugee Muslims, the women were mostly in full long dress/scarf combos. If they were with a man, they were walking five steps behind him.

The guide I was with said that it isn't working out with Finland supporting people who are so different from the Fins. The refugees don't like the cold, the language is very hard to learn and for a small country, supporting people who have lots of children and who can't find jobs is getting very hard.

It seems to me that rather than taking people from such a different culture, with a wish to keep their religion rules above state law, and climate is not good! Maybe Saudi Arabia, where there is plenty of money and the need for unskilled labor would be a better choice. So why isn't Saudi Arabia stepping up?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CASuzk For This Useful Post:

Horrifying. As bad as the bomb blasts in Oslo are, I keep thinking of those "mostly 15-16 year old" kids at camp. You send your kid to camp and think that you have to worry about stuff like poison ivy or a broken arm, not a terrorist attack!

Prayers for the people of Norway, especially the victims and their families.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

Good God. Prayers for Norway. The word 'horrific' doesn't begin to cover it. Prayers for us all.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

The photos from the UK press are horrifying. You know that toll is going to keep going up. All my prayers.

Not confirmed, but current speculation:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...KqTI_blog.html

It's not as if we're playing by any kind of rules here, but to target children with such viciousness, even as they tried to swim away?

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 1tasha For This Useful Post:

Fox news is reporting 25 bodies at youth camp.

My heart is breaking.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Norway reels after bomb blast, youth camp attack
    Multiple deaths at scene of Oslo explosion; many casualties reported on island

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43854355...d_news-europe/

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

8.35pm: Oslo police have said they suspect the man arrested after the youth camp shooting is also linked to the bombing in Oslo.
    Acting Police Chief Sveinung Sponheim won't give any details about the man, who was dressed in a police uniform when he opened fire.
    He said police were still trying to get an overview of the shooting at the Utoya youth camp and could not say whether there was more than one shooter.
    excellent Guardian coverage here.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

From the Guardian link wfgodot posted:

Witnesses who have managed to escape from the island, says to NRK reporters on the spot that the perpetrator had a Norwegian look. He should be between 185 to 190 cm tall and have blond hair.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1tasha For This Useful Post:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/

Sky news has live coverage I think in english. I don't have my headphones hooked up. They are sadlly reporting 30 dead at youth camp.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Anybody have information about Findland's Labour Party? I read that this camp is largely known as the "breeding ground" for its future leaders. I'm in complete ignorance. TIA.

Trying to research it now.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1tasha For This Useful Post:

Tabloid coverage:

MASSACRE AT KIDS' CAMP: More than 30 dead as terrorist
    opens fire at Norwegian summer camp and car bomb devastates Oslo

*1.30pm: Massive car bomb explosion kills at least seven in Oslo
    *3.30pm: Between 25 and 30 dead as man disguised as police officer opens fire on island youth meeting Norwegian prime minister was due to attend
    *Eyewitnesses say bodies floating in the sea around the island
    *Man arrested on the island was 6ft tall, had blonde hair and spoke Norwegian - reports he was shot and wounded before being detained
    *Police fear explosives may have been laid at camp
    *Unknown group called 'Helpers of the Global Jihad' said to have posted message saying this is reaction to publication of Muhammed cartoons
    *Islands residents told not to reveal their location on Twitter or Facebook
    *British Foreign Minister William Hague condemns 'horrific' attack
    *Oslo Mayor: 'Wish I were on island to be shot instead of children'
    *Police believe the two attacks may be linked and can not say whether there was more than one shooter on island
    much, much more, including disturbing pictures, at Mail Online link above

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 1tasha View Post
    Anybody have information about Findland's Labour Party? I read that this camp is largely known as the "breeding ground" for its future leaders. I'm in complete ignorance. TIA.

Trying to research it now.
    Labour Party (Norway) (Wiki)
    The Norwegian Labour Party is officially committed to social-democratic ideals. Its parole since the 1930s has been "work for everyone", and the party seeks a strong welfare state, funded through taxes and duties. During the last 20 years, the party has included more principles of social market economy in its policy, allowing for privatisation of government-held assets and services and reducing income tax progressivity, following the wave of economic liberalism during the 1980s. The Labour Party profiles itself as a progressive party that subscribes to cooperation on a national as well as international level. Its youth wing is the Workers' Youth League.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

from Guardian link above:
    9.07pm: On Twitter runehak, who works for the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, says:

News agency NTB says police do NOT think this is international terrorism. #osloexpl #oslobomb #whys

and then

Nationen also writes police think its a local variant directed at the current political system. #osloexpl #oslobomb #whys

9.02pm: According to David Berry, from the department of Political Studies at Swansea University, on NRK in the last few minutes they interviewed the head of police in Oslo and he stated that the gunman was NOT wearing a police uniform, rather a blue jumper which had a Norwegian police badge or sign on it. He also confirmed that the suspect had never worked for the police.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Nationen also writes police think its a local variant directed at the current political system. #osloexpl #oslobomb #whys

Rendering an attack with a high volume of children even more nonsensical..

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1tasha For This Useful Post:

Good God, the world has indeed gone crazy; Norway? Really?

I will have all affected in my prayers, and hope that those who organized and committed this vicious, horrific, evil crime be caught and dealt with rapidly and finally.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast