Halloween banned - to save witches' feelings

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
US schools have banned Halloween because officials are worried about offending real witches.

Students who turn up in costume could be sent home from schools in Puyallup School District in Washington state.

Officials told a local TV station that followers of the Wiccan religion had complained about the way Halloween was celebrated.

Spokeswoman Karen Hansen said: "School officials have been reviewing the Halloween tradition and decided that time could be better spent.

"Schools are teaching students to be respectful and take account of the discomfort felt by others. Witches with pointy noses are not respective symbols of the Wiccan religion."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1147637.html?menu=

Give me a break. Is there anybody in this country that isn't offended by something anymore? .

Well, it ain't ALL US schools. Nobody's banned anything down here.

And I SERIOUSLY doubt any true Wiccans would be offended. "An' it harm no one, do as ye will."

Gawd they are soooo full of crap! It's just an excuse to keep kids from celebrating a day of fun....

If they're going to tout it as a religious thing then they need to give the kids the day off, just like x-mas...

hi cass, it's one of my favorite celebrations! (love all your witches!). great day to have fun and let your hair down, or color it green , or shave it off, or.......
what is halloween all about? http://wilstar.com/holidays/hallown.htm

'So, although some cults may have adopted Halloween as their favorite "holiday," the day itself did not grow out of evil practices. It grew out of the rituals of Celts celebrating a new year, and out of Medieval prayer rituals of Europeans. And today, even many churches have Halloween parties or pumpkin carving events for the kids. After all, the day itself is only as evil as one cares to make it.'

We certainly don't want all those Wiccans out there to be up in arms do we. See Cass, if you post another picture of a witch who has a pointed nose, you'll no doubt offend some Wiccan out there.

vicktor said:
We certainly don't want all those Wiccans out there to be up in arms do we. See Cass, if you post another picture of a witch who has a pointed nose, you'll no doubt offend some Wiccan out there.
I don't think we have any wiccan posters at WS :waitasec:

Except maybe Dark Knight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy