Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Mentally ill alone usually does not make them stronger. Drugs do. Not medically prescribed treatment, but street drugs. The bath salts are horrible! We have people coming in to the ER absolutely delusional with unbelievable strength. However, they look like they have been half beaten to death afterwards from the damage. And they usually are not coherent enough to make a plan to do something like this, much less clean it up.

Surprisingly, pure mental illness tends to weaken a lot of people. Even when they are psychotic, they are not usually able to focus enough to complete a plan. I very, very seldom see someone with mental illness (minus any drug abuse) who has a lot of extra strength. And even fewer who can complete a plan like this. Now, those who are antisocial or sociopathic are a whole different story. The thing is, that really is not a mental illness as much as a personality disorder. And those people tend to leave a wake of damage in their past, from destroying others careers, to killing animals as a child, to ruining an ex's reputation or even their credit, to murdering those who get in their way. It is not likely this would be the very first horrible thing someone with that personality disorder would have done.
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PsychoMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    If that rumor turns out to be true, it would be pretty embarrassing for Barristers Hall. If I were MB or BB I'd be replacing those locks and gathering up old keys as quickly as possible.
    Hopefully, they are replacing the locks no matter what.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to southern_comfort For This Useful Post:

One month ago today, June 25th, was the last communication anyone ever received from Lauren.
    Hence, this post is for Lauren.

To Lauren Teresa Giddings
    from all of us posters here at WS:

Most of us never had the privilege of meeting you,
    but in our own way,
    we feel like we have come to know what a wonderful, loving, and accomplished person you are.

Lauren,
    you have touched our lives like no other
    and
    have brought it home to our hearts to live each day to the fullest.
    You have motivated us to work unrelentingly
    until our dreams become reality,
    to run the race even if it takes us directly into the deepest part of the river
    and
    to make 50 sunflower cupcakes for someone we love.

We are here on WS sharing information
    in an attempt to find answers,
    because we are deeply affected and saddened by this tragedy
    that cost you the most sacred of all things:
    your beautiful life.

However, Lauren,
    we will not be distracted or discouraged by the turbulent waters
    that surround us as we travel through our days…
    for we are only passing through.
    And even though we did not have the opportunity to meet you in this life,
    our hope is to meet you in the next.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    With loving thoughts of Lauren
    &
    Prayers for her family and friends.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please see photos of Lauren
    Mercer University Law School Commencement
    May 14, 2011
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~ Remembering Lauren, her family & friends ~
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMom View Post
    That had slipped my mind. The Mercer Student IDs are also keys. They can be used to open certain doors at the schools. That can include some dorms. I have to think someone at the school thought to disable hers since it was missing. If not, and SM is not the person, it means someone else could get into various locations at the colleges, possibly even dorm buildings.

that's really a scary thought.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMom1995 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMom1995 View Post
    that's really a scary thought.
    But, not really. Lauren lived off campus and only students who live in a dorm have access to the dorm. Not to mention that the card has likely been long deactivated.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry Potter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    But, not really. Lauren lived off campus and only students who live in a dorm have access to the dorm. Not to mention that the card has likely been long deactivated.
    I hope so. Getting hold of anyone on campus right now is nearly impossible. Summer is a bad time to find someone working on campus.

Logically, I know they should have disabled it. It would have been a week after she disappeared, but I'm sure someone jumped on getting that done.
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by southern_comfort View Post
    Hopefully, they are replacing the locks no matter what.
    I agree. And, it looks like BB is in the process of changing them.
    "Boni Bush, the owner of the complex says all current door locks are being replaced."
    http://www.newscentralga.com/news/lo...126038238.html

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clkwrks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Givsmetheshivers View Post
    Did they ever say who called BB at 3 AM when they found the note on her door?
    Also, you have a bunch of people who were in Law school opening up her apartment and investigating Lauren's whereabouts in what potentially could be a crime scene. That is a little weird. Maybe some of those people are POIs????
    The friend who found the note was identified, but I don't have a link handy. As for the friends looking around her apartment, I can't fault them. From what's been reported, the apartment and her belongings appeared undisturbed. There was no reason to immediately suspect a crime had occurred. They did just what I would want my friends to do. They looked at her computer, probably her phone, too for clues to her whereabouts. Then, they allegedly made the short walk over to the library to look there. Having exhausted the obvious possibilities, they called LE, and in fairly short order.

We don't know if any of the friends present are among the several POI's Burns mentioned, with the exception of McD. It's reasonable to assume, imo, that one or more might be in that group of individuals LE considers a possible source of answers. We simply don't know.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

FYI, here is a copy of the order denying SM's motion:

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.ne...l-decision.pdf

Too bad that it does not include Exhibit B. Anyone want to go down to the courthouse and get the stipulated facts?

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Harry Potter For This Useful Post:

That was beautiful Sandstorm, thank you.

May Lauren receive justice.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Mentally ill alone usually does not make them stronger. Drugs do. Not medically prescribed treatment, but street drugs. The bath salts are horrible! We have people coming in to the ER absolutely delusional with unbelievable strength. However, they look like they have been half beaten to death afterwards from the damage. And they usually are not coherent enough to make a plan to do something like this, much less clean it up.

Surprisingly, pure mental illness tends to weaken a lot of people. Even when they are psychotic, they are not usually able to focus enough to complete a plan. I very, very seldom see someone with mental illness (minus any drug abuse) who has a lot of extra strength. And even fewer who can complete a plan like this. Now, those who are antisocial or sociopathic are a whole different story. The thing is, that really is not a mental illness as much as a personality disorder. And those people tend to leave a wake of damage in their past, from destroying others careers, to killing animals as a child, to ruining an ex's reputation or even their credit, to murdering those who get in their way. It is not likely this would be the very first horrible thing someone with that personality disorder would have done.
    Very interesting information. Thanks!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMom1995 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMom1995 View Post
    Very interesting information. Thanks!
    I'll be glad to provide whatever info I can on that end. It has been extra wild the last few weeks at work. I don't know what is going on, but it is busy. All the hospitals are getting too full. It is nearly impossible to find placement. I've worked inpatient before. I feel for those people right now.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoMom For This Useful Post:

I'll be glad to provide whatever info I can on that end. It has been extra wild the last few weeks at work. I don't know what is going on, but it is busy. All the hospitals are getting too full. It is nearly impossible to find placement. I've worked inpatient before. I feel for those people right now.
    WOW! I wonder what's up. I do believe in the effects of the lunar cycle but I don't know that that would apply right now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMom1995 For This Useful Post:

Just curious. Are you talking about mental sickness, physical sickness or drug abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Destini View Post
    Just curious. Are you talking about mental sickness, physical sickness or drug abuse?
    Mental illness and drug abuse. A lot of the mental patients will begin using drugs instead of taking their regular medication. So, it makes for a lot of crossover. However, I have seen a spike in truly psychotic and delusional people lately. The moon phases do seem to have impact a lot of times. I think it is because the human body is mostly made of water, so it is the same thing as impacting the tides, but I don't really know why. Now, though, I am at a loss. I work the overnight shift. My numbers have nearly tripled in the last few weeks.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PsychoMom For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast