Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    As a disclaimer this is JMO...JMO.....maybe LG was an FBI informant or working for them undercover on something or in federal wit sec......could have been in wit sec all her life.....and that's why this is so koo koo and the FBI is involved....there is no telling what the deal is here....it could be SM was jealous and infatuated and crazy and killed her....or it could be as I am beginning to believe something way out there..really bizarre or secret.....on a federal level.....like wit sec or an undercover op....JMO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OLDMACONBOY For This Useful Post:

Again JMO....maybe the BF was a gov or FBI target and she was working undercover.....and he found out.....I telling y'all...there is a lot more here we are missing....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OLDMACONBOY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    If he was mirandized for the burglary, then anything he says about the burglary after being arrested is admissible. It does not extend to anything he says about the murder. Anything he says about the murder can essentially be thrown out. It's just the law.
    I don't remember the theory exactly that way. Guess I need to brush up on my case law regarding this.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. As a lawyer (yes, he is a lawyer, not yet an attorney), I can't imagine him, unless being heavily medicated, agreeing to a deal like that. But the thing is, noone has to offer him a deal. The legal system is won by the people that were monopoly winners as kids. It's a game. And the law technically allows McD's holding. I would be SHOCKED if there was ANY reason why the LE charged McD with burglary other than they wanted to keep him behind bars as a potential suspect in LG's case. And all this post-jail stuff has been a lot of theatrics. Here's the thing...yes, McD falls into the whole burglary definition. Has anyone that isn't suspected of anything else been charged with entering other peoples apartments to commit a felony, when they only went in to grab a condom? No. Charging him with burglary is simply to keep him behind bars. And unless the MPD has incredible testimony from these former tenants (who were probably his guy friends), they have NO case against him. And even if they do have testimony, its circumstantial at best. Not a great burglary case...and if I was the Macon DA, I'm not sure I'd really be rushing to take the case.

They charged him just to keep him locked up. That is all. Under any other circumstances, he would not have been charged with burglary. And it's going to be ugly for them if he turns out to not have anything to do with LG's death...because he's going to have a pretty good case against them.
    On this point, we are in total agreement.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

I have always thought, from the beginning, that the FBI getting involved so quickly seemed a little odd. Now, our resources here could be limited (and Mercer definitely could've pulled some strings), but I always thought that was to fast track the forensics. That obviously hasn't happened, because if so, their results/findings haven't answered any questions.

Like some others implied, I'm really leaning to there being so much more than what we know. I'm not believing the rumors of others missing, because that is very much unconfirmed. However, the lack of answers, or even a recent press conference, is frustrating.

I really hope they didn't just decide on McD as the murderer and end up with nothing. However, as a female close to Lauren's age who lives here, I get the comfort factor that comes with him being the culprit, safely tucked away. And as time passes, I'm beginning to think that is really not the case.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SouthernKate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMACONBOY View Post
    Maconmeanderer.....that night of rage theory is terrifying
    i know....thats a theory i had not even thought about until tonight... very frightening... it got to me too....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to maconmeanderer For This Useful Post:

He doesn't have a 6th amendment right to counsel because he hasn't been charged. But he has a 5th amendment right to counsel. So, if he was mirandized for the burglary, for which he was charged, but then asked about the uncharged, unrelated murder (for which he had not been charged), what he says in that proceeding is only admissible if he has been mirandized as to the relevant crime.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cww For This Useful Post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Macontime View Post
    Maconmeanderer, you didn't happen to eat at a wing place didyou? If so I can confirm for you that your waitress does indeed live right there at apt area. She is a very close friend of mine. If not at a wing place then I can't confirm.
    Just wondering. Thanks
    hi! no it was actually a new seafood place up in north macon...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to maconmeanderer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maconmeanderer View Post
    i know....thats a theory i had not even thought about until tonight... very frightening... it got to me too....
    It was close to a full moon or was a full moon that night wasn't it? This night of rage on a Saturday night and there being hollering and hooting and gps devices stolen only for the smashing...almost like a rebellion...or gang initiation....gang initiation....hmmm....just thought of that one.....the more I think...which is dangerous....the odder and odder this gets.....and the less and less SM looks likes the killer....and more like pawn....

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OLDMACONBOY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NotALawyer View Post
    My question is . . . Did anyone else notice Burns roll his eyes when Womack spoke about interviewing McD's mother who "just wants to see him exonerated?" I thought that reaction was telling . . . Anyone else?
    "respectfully snipped for focus"

I thought Burns looked "shifty eyed" through the whole thing, but yes, there were times when it appeared "worse" and perhaps could even be construed as "eye rolling", ..

I felt like what we were seeing was Chief Burns' uneasyness with the press in general.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to currcat For This Useful Post:

It was close to a full moon or was a full moon that night wasn't it? This night of rage on a Saturday night and there being hollering and hooting and gps devices stolen only for the smashing...almost like a rebellion...or gang initiation....gang initiation....hmmm....just thought of that one.....the more I think...which is dangerous....the odder and odder this gets.....and the less and less SM looks likes the killer....and more like pawn....
    it was the night before my bday... and if i remember correctly.... i do believe it was almost a full moon or was one... you know in the past we have had weird gang initiation stuff going on down here... the gang thing or a satanic ritual was a theory i was entertaining as well... early on in this case, to be honest....

21. The Following User Says Thank You to maconmeanderer For This Useful Post:

FBI Involvement

I've worked on a case where the FBI was involved and I can say with certainty (unless there has been a huge spike in possibly serial homicide cases) that they have a turn-around rate, at least on the first piece of evidence, of 5-10 days. The GBI turnaround is about the same. MPD has most likely been getting results flowing in since the beginning of the month. Furthermore, the fact that the FBI was involved is in itself interesting. The FBI, under the US code, has the jurisdiction to investigate state matters only in cases where the murder victim is law enforcement, an interstate traveler or the perp is a (or is believed to be) a serial killer. Food for thought y'all.
    I believe there are exceptions. If local LE requests their assistance.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

The full moon in June was on the 15th - same for July, on the 15th

25. The Following User Says Thank You to currcat For This Useful Post:

He doesn't have a 6th amendment right to counsel because he hasn't been charged. But he has a 5th amendment right to counsel. So, if he was mirandized for the burglary, for which he was charged, but then asked about the uncharged, unrelated murder (for which he had not been charged), what he says in that proceeding is only admissible if he has been mirandized as to the relevant crime.
    Got that. But if he made statements about the murder voluntarily without being asked, then they are admissible.

This is all speculation on my part though. I've gotten the impression from the press conferences that SM hasn't said a word to LE about the murder.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alliecat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    I believe there are exceptions. If local LE requests their assistance.
    You're right. There might be a misunderstanding here about the FBI. I can easily name several current and recent cases we've followed here where the FBI assisted with searches, forensic analysis, and other matters. There's a difference between assisting in an investigation and conducting an investigation.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast