Old bills create fuss at Taco Bell

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two strange looking $5 bills made their way into a local fast food restaurant on Tuesday, causing employees to question their authenticity.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Employees of Taco Bell, 892 E. Johnson St., called police after a customer paid for his food with the unusual bills. After Fond du Lac Police Department detectives inspected the bills, it was determined they were authentic, but very old, said Fond du Lac Police Department Maj. Bill Makowski. One bill was from 1928 and the other from 1963. Both look very different from modern $5 bills.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although an employee tried to check the validity of the money with a marker that changes color when a bill is fake, such markers don’t work on older bills, Makowski said. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We’re encouraging people to call us if they get money that doesn’t look right,” Makowski said.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.wisinfo.com/thereporter/news/archive/local_18303477.shtml
[/font]

Where were these bills all these years? Hidden under Granma's feather mattress?
1928? They had money then? :confused: (Im kidding!!!!!!!!!! :p )

Seriously though that is weird...........

The employees called the wrong person. They should have called the local coin dealer, to find out what the bills might be worth.

I was in a coin store the other day to buy a State commemoritive quarter for my collection. At first it was 40 cents, but they sold it to me for 25 cents. Not bad... they also had a $1000 bill for sale. It was $1450!

vicktor said:
The employees called the wrong person. They should have called the local coin dealer, to find out what the bills might be worth.

I was in a coin store the other day to buy a State commemoritive quarter for my collection. At first it was 40 cents, but they sold it to me for 25 cents. Not bad... they also had a $1000 bill for sale. It was $1450!
Hi Vicktor, do you have a big collection?

We just had a new quarter come out the other day for Nov 11th Rememberence day, it has a red poppy in the center of it... kind of neat. I got one in change yesterday. and I was like "what is this"? I had not heard about thiem, it was a surprise.

here is a link to see one
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3385&item=3937081205&rd=1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb