996 users online (148 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Deliveryman made obscene calls after dropping off goods

Four more women have accused a FreshDirect deliveryman charged of making threatening, obscene phone calls to them after dropping off their groceries, the Manhattan District Attorney's office said Thursday.

Erik Reynolds, 33, of the Bronx, was arrested Oct. 7 and charged with aggravated harassment and stalking for allegedly terrorizing six women on Manhattan's East Side through phone calls from Sept. 21 to Oct. 3. Reynold made such scary comments as, "I'm going to come up and rape you," prosecutors say.

Since then, prosecutors have said the additional four victims have surfaced, all in the same midtown area.

"He made a lot of telephone calls," said a law enforcement source. Reynolds told police he was only playing around when he made the calls. He is being held on Riker's Island in lieu of $3,000 bail. No new charges have been filed.

Full Story

Not that this news story is funny, but it reminded me of something else. A few years ago there was a mail delivery company in my area that had their motto painted on the the sides of their vans. It was "(company name)delivering more than your package." I always got a large charge out of that whenever I saw it. I wondered just what they meant by that.