Amy Winehouse dead at 27

whiteangora

I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
Reaction score
Just announced on FOX. She was found dead in her apartment.
She was so talented and I loved her music so much.

Unfortunately this comes as no surprise. Yet another young talent, wasted by a lifestyle that leads to nowhere but destruction.

Not a big surprise but it's very sad. She was super talented and I always hoped that she would get herself together. :(

I just read this at the BBC site while I was reading up on the Oslo attacks. I actually gasped outloud, but I know I shouldn't be surprised. Loved her singing. Too sad.

Wow. I hadn't heard anything about her in quite awhile. I was hoping because of that she was getting back on track. Too sad.

I cannot say I am surprised either, may she finally RIP.

I'm not surprised either, but how incredibly sad. She had an amazing voice.

RIP Amy.

I'm sorry to say when someone mentioned her a few weeks ago I said she would be the next Janis Joplin...certainly wasn't hoping for it or expecting it this soon. So sad when talent is wasted like this. I hope she finds the peace she did not find on earth...

this is really a shame. she was talented though i can't say i really liked or know much about her music but i could tell from what i have heard that she had talent. as others have said it isn't a surprise with all the issues with her lifestyle. perhaps now she'll be able to find the peace that alluded her in life.

WHAT?????? id seen her for years on the tabloids, but only recently heard her ( this is after she started going downhill, i remember when she came out so healthy, now...) and i was FLOORED< i could not believe her voice...wow, what a waste...i too hoped she was coming for a comeback..may she RIP finally

Add one more to the 27 club.

Other musicians who died at 27 years old:

Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
Janis Joplin
Kurt Cobain
Brian Jones (Rolling Stones)
Ron "Pigpen" McKernan (Grateful Dead)
Pete Ham (Badfinger)
Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson (Canned Heat)

Edit To Add:
Another member of the 27 club. So so sad but she's struggled for awhile.
You beat me to it Kristins.

A cautionary tale. Requiescat in pace, Amy Winehouse.

Oh, this is sad.

Although it seems this has been a long time coming, and it's not really surprising, it is just really sad.

So much talent, such a beautiful, unique voice and style.

Rest in peace, Amy. Thank you for the awesome music you contributed to the universe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back