GUILTY MI - Anthony, 4, & Alayna Hinojosa, 3, die in arson fire, Huron Twp, 9 Oct 2009

Starfish

Reaction score
This monster set her estranged boyfriends mobile home on fire with 2 of her children inside. She escaped, with one of her children, who just so happened to be the child of the boyfriend who owned the mobile home....the 2 children who died were fathered by another man, or men, not sure. My SIL is good friends with this woman's grandmother, Sharon was adopted by my SIL's friend's daughter or son, not sure which. My SIL said her friend told her that Sharon set the house on fire because her estranged boyfriend, who owned the home, sent her an eviction notice. She poured gas all around the house, the saved child was in the living room so she was able to get to him, but claimed the fire was too intense to go get the sleeping children from the bedroom, she didn't think the fire would spread so quickly. Right......don't believe it for one minute, why not have all the kids out of the home first? Then when the neighbors are trying to help to get the kids out, she directs them to the wrong room! It was also said that she appeared to be quite calm for a mother watching her house burn with 2 of her children inside who screams could be heard. There's a special place in hell for this woman.

This article contains links to previous stories so you can read about it from the beginning.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28637247/detail.html

True stories like this one could make one almost give up completely on human nature.
What a horrific way to die. I hope those dear children's screams echo in this monster's ears and head for eternity and beyond.

Not human...NOT human.

Were drugs or mental illness a factor?

Bless those two tiny souls.

This monster set her estranged boyfriends mobile home on fire with 2 of her children inside. She escaped, with one of her children, who just so happened to be the child of the boyfriend who owned the mobile home....the 2 children who died were fathered by another man, or men, not sure. My SIL is good friends with this woman's grandmother, Sharon was adopted by my SIL's friend's daughter or son, not sure which. My SIL said her friend told her that Sharon set the house on fire because her estranged boyfriend, who owned the home, sent her an eviction notice. She poured gas all around the house, the saved child was in the living room so she was able to get to him, but claimed the fire was too intense to go get the sleeping children from the bedroom, she didn't think the fire would spread so quickly. Right......don't believe it for one minute, why not have all the kids out of the home first? Then when the neighbors are trying to help to get the kids out, she directs them to the wrong room! It was also said that she appeared to be quite calm for a mother watching her house burn with 2 of her children inside who screams could be heard. There's a special place in hell for this woman.

This article contains links to previous stories so you can read about it from the beginning.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28637247/detail.html
BBM...wow, that is strange. Sounds like she wanted to use this rescued child as a pawn or revenge. Guess the other two were necessary collateral damage (in her twisted mind). Evil.

My condolences to you and your famliy.

True stories like this one could make one almost give up completely on human nature.
What a horrific way to die. I hope those dear children's screams echo in this monster's ears and head for eternity and beyond.

Not human...NOT human.

Were drugs or mental illness a factor?

Bless those two tiny souls.

I'm not sure about the drugs Cazzie, mental illness may be a factor although my SIL never mentioned it. Sharon was adopted, so don't know the history of her family other than that she is of American Indian heritage. My SIL's friend is a wonderful woman, it's one of those situations of a good person having bad children. One of her son's lived down the street from me & his family was nothing but a bunch of trouble makers. I say was because earlier this year her DIL passed away from cancer, then her son was found in an abandoned building in Detroit dead a few months later, don't know yet if it was drug related. Now her 19 yo grandson is left in the house, which is in foreclosure so he'll be gone soon, thank goodness because he is major trouble! He drives down the street like a crazy person, ran in my front yard one winter because he lost control, I guess I'm lucky he didn't hit my house! We also suspect that he broke out the picture window of another neighbor because they were fighting with neighbors that were friends of his. I'll be glad to see him gone & told my SIL that, unfortunately, her friend may end up with her wayward grandson.

Wow, this lady has an evil look on her face...RIP litttle angels.... :(

Justin Whistler, the father of the boy who survived, testified that he had tried to break up with Hinojosa and asked her to leave his home.

"I just thought there was no way to try and work it out. I didn't know what else to do. It was just getting out of control," Whistler said.

On the morning of the fire, Whistler said he saw Hinojosa at the scene and she said to him, "Don't worry, your kid's not in there."

"She told them, 'I love my boyfriend Justin but he doesn't want my kids. He feels our relationship would be better if they weren't together with the kids. I love him and I don't know what to do,'"

More at link, pics of the beautiful babies.....what an evil selfish this woman is

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/29639963/detail.html

Horrific.

One small consolation - those two children would have been overcome by smoke inhalation before they died. They were already beyond suffering before the flames got to them. Still a horrific tragedy though.

Hope that evil witch burns in hell. She could have taken those children to a fire station to drop them off if she didn't want them anymore. How sick that woman is to have killed them. There is no hope for people that evil. What sweet little kids. Someone would have loved to adopted them. I would have adopted them! Stupid witch!

This is so horrifically sad. Thinking about those two children screaming......sigh

I cannot for the life of me fathom a mother killing her children to appease a boyfriend. I know it's been done many times (S.Smith etc), but it breaks my heart and soul that a mother would do such a thing. Knowing that her children suffered and screamed inside this fire while she was outside.. it's just unconscionable.

I cannot for the life of me fathom a mother killing her children to appease a boyfriend. I know it's been done many times (S.Smith etc), but it breaks my heart and soul that a mother would do such a thing. Knowing that her children suffered and screamed inside this fire while she was outside.. it's just unconscionable.

A real mother would have said forget him..if he doesnt love my kids he cant love me!!!!

How can someone be so evil as to kill their children in such a painful and horrific way?!?

JMO

There was no reason for this, other than this woman being a selfish, heartless, person. As I stated in my first post, I know the grandmother of this monster and she is the kindest & most caring woman....the family would have taken these babies without thinking twice.

Such precious little babies born to a monster, they had no control or say in their situation, its just so unfair and I cannot for the life of me understand why things like this happen and why they continue to happen.

My heart breaks for each & every one of these poor innocent babies born to these despicable people who are supposed to love & care for them.

There was no reason for this, other than this woman being a selfish, heartless, person. As I stated in my first post, I know the grandmother of this monster and she is the kindest & most caring woman....the family would have taken these babies without thinking twice.

Such precious little babies born to a monster, they had no control or say in their situation, its just so unfair and I cannot for the life of me understand why things like this happen and why they continue to happen.

My heart breaks for each & every one of these poor innocent babies born to these despicable people who are supposed to love & care for them.

I wonder why she just couldn't ask a family member to keep her children. I'm not saying its right but at least they would still be alive. There are so many people who would take a child in knowing their mother/father did not want them.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong. The one thing I will say is this:

If this woman never was given love, she had no love to give - not even to her children. IF, get the IF in big letters, she needed the love from the boy friend, that makes sense she would save his child so he would give her love/gratitude.

One thing I believe we miss on these threads is LOVE. If a woman/man has never experienced love, they will not be able to give it. Love doesn't always come with the birth of a child. Just as a human body needs nutrition/food, to function, so does the soul need love in order to properly function. For those who have never felt parental love, well, they are a dry well, there is nothing for them to give.

One of my own daughters taught me that after my abusive childhood. She said I gave all I had, but because no one ever gave me anything to work with, it wasn't quite enough. She went further and said my mother rejected me because she couldn't deal with the pain of the baby who had died before me. I tend to agree. My mother was stunted, maybe her mother was also, who knows?

When you see a woman who does such horrific things, maybe she never felt anything/was given anything but horror, maybe she needed that man's love so badly that she did anything for it, which it seems she did. Yeah, it was horrible, but until some of us understand the pain and horror many grow up with, there is no way most can understand.

There may be other factors in play here, but in the interests of being politically correct, I cannot say them. Let me just say, yeah it's horrible beyond measure to burn up your own flesh and blood, your babies, but if that's what the only person on earth who may love you wants, well, you may just do that.

DISCLAIMER: No, I never felt this, but I do somewhat understand, I think.

With all due respect Trident, I understand what you are saying but also think of this. If you do not want your children there are other ways to get "rid" of them. Thank god here in the US we have lots of options....she just didnt seek them. JMO

I don't know if I'm right or wrong. The one thing I will say is this:

If this woman never was given love, she had no love to give - not even to her children. IF, get the IF in big letters, she needed the love from the boy friend, that makes sense she would save his child so he would give her love/gratitude.

One thing I believe we miss on these threads is LOVE. If a woman/man has never experienced love, they will not be able to give it. Love doesn't always come with the birth of a child. Just as a human body needs nutrition/food, to function, so does the soul need love in order to properly function. For those who have never felt parental love, well, they are a dry well, there is nothing for them to give.

One of my own daughters taught me that after my abusive childhood. She said I gave all I had, but because no one ever gave me anything to work with, it wasn't quite enough. She went further and said my mother rejected me because she couldn't deal with the pain of the baby who had died before me. I tend to agree. My mother was stunted, maybe her mother was also, who knows?

When you see a woman who does such horrific things, maybe she never felt anything/was given anything but horror, maybe she needed that man's love so badly that she did anything for it, which it seems she did. Yeah, it was horrible, but until some of us understand the pain and horror many grow up with, there is no way most can understand.

There may be other factors in play here, but in the interests of being politically correct, I cannot say them. Let me just say, yeah it's horrible beyond measure to burn up your own flesh and blood, your babies, but if that's what the only person on earth who may love you wants, well, you may just do that.

DISCLAIMER: No, I never felt this, but I do somewhat understand, I think.

Makes perfect sense Trident. What I know is that Sharon is American Indian decent and she was adopted by my SIL's good frined's daughter. Not real sure about her upbringing, but know that the grandmother is a wonderful woman. Also not sure of her life prior to adoption or how old she was when adopted.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back