Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Thread 2

ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE.

This is a strict rule and your cooperation is appreciated.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: Further explanation on minor names. Even when quoting from MSM or other sources, if the minor is not the victim or the perp, we change the name to initials. We do NOT quote the name of the minor. This is to protect the minor. Please keep that in mind. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the parent of that minor. What would you think if your child's name was splattered all over the web.

Thanks Guys!

Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl (from last thread)
Do we have any confirmation as to whether it was a "painting" or a "mirror" that was taken by LE? I've seen the pic of them carrying out what looks to me as a door - but I do think that is what is being referenced.

Either way - that piece is covered with a white sheet. So, I'm wondering if something was scribbled on either the mirror or painting. Was it a painting of RN or JS and family and someone "X'd" somebody out? Lots of crime have writing left on mirrors - which was my first thought - lipstick on the mirror thing ya know? And whatever it was - LE had it covered for a reason.

Has me going hhhmmmm........................
Thanks

They have been hauling evidence from the mansion, including a large painting, a table with a broken leg and a bag of other unknown items.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/girlfriend-found-bound-with-cord-in-shacknais-mansion-07142011

"Large painting" - and it is very curious as to why they took it and what was on it.

Do we have any confirmation as to whether it was a "painting" or a "mirror" that was taken by LE? I've seen the pic of them carrying out what looks to me as a door - but I do think that is what is being referenced.

Either way - that piece is covered with a white sheet. So, I'm wondering if something was scribbled on either the mirror or painting. Was it a painting of RN or JS and family and someone "X'd" somebody out? Lots of crime have writing left on mirrors - which was my first thought - lipstick on the mirror thing ya know? And whatever it was - LE had it covered for a reason.

Has me going hhhmmmm........................

bring from previous thread - above post by Wise Old Owl

As usual with the case, information changes....have heard both reports..mirror or picture...

mirror - may be broken/written on ---suicide message ----or warning written if homicide

picture - if vandalized - could have meaning/message for both homicide or suicide.......

I have a question about the "doggy daycare" guy.....

did he pick the dog up at the front door - was a table and/or chandelier missing from the entry way???????

Here are a couple of photos I hadn't seen before of the "table with a broken leg":

Capture3.jpg

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/Trainy_photos/hink/Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp310/Trainy_photos/hink/Capture4.jpg

DATED JULY 23/11:

Coronado Mayor Casey Tanaka said he was impressed by Shacknai's attitude. The Mayor wants it all to go away, imo.

"At no point did he threaten a lawsuit, at no point did he raise his voice – so to speak – or make threats or angry statements," said Tanaka.

The quiet city has been the focus of national attention for what Tanaka calls the tragedy at the Spreckels mansion. The attention is not the kind of attention any city wants.
"We are just as curious as anyone about the circumstances and what happened but I think I can speak for most of Coronado when we are looking forward to this story not being a story anymore," said Tanaka.

http://www.10news.com/news/28645581/detail.html

He also said Jonah was easy to work with when it came to changes he requested be done to the mansion..affable, if you will.

But I also recall this perspective of the same event, as well, posted earlier, but I thought it beneficial to have both perspectives in one post. And 'cause there's no new news...;)

Many locals were perturbed by Shacknai’s seeming eagerness to challenge rules he had agreed to. “I thought he was as arrogant as hell,” said Jeff Alison, a neighbor who attended City Hall meetings on the proposed renovations. “It was his way or the highway.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/16/spreckels-mansion-owner-described-go-getter/

I also picked up this vantage point pic of the stairwell that includes a chandelier (MIGHT be on first thread, cannot recall where) from the above link, taken in 2006, home was bought by jonah in 2008, per link.

Attachments

• mansion_t220.jpg
    mansion_t220.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 63
Do you think this table looks outdoorish like from the courtyard? Now that makes me sick to my stomach if true like she could have landed on it.

I believe this table IS from the courtyard.

The "table with a broken leg" that was under the balcony.

Somewhere, on these threads, there is a film clip of a reporter standing outside the mansion while investigators are inside- and the (current) chandelier can be seen hanging in the area of the stairs. So it couldn't have fallen to the floor. I will go back and look for it as soon as I can - and as soon as my elderly laptop cools off and heals itself.

ETA
Haven't yet found the video I mentioned, but I did find this site that has a number of interesting pictures of the mansion:
http://www.luxist.com/2006/02/17/the-speckels-mansion-estate-of-the-day/

Ocean Blue Eyes, I am sorry for your families loss. It is so hard to accept suicide and I may very well be guilty of that.

In my friends case, she was home alon, with only her husband. There were three different version of events told. She was shot straight on in her face, into her nose. I do not see the possibility of suicide, based upon her work life, family life and her daughter and grandchildren, to whom she was VERY close. It doesn't add up, for more reasons than I can list here.

I have been following this case. Not being there, I of course have no true idea of what happened. I just find this death VERY suspicious. More so than my friends death. I can not see that a woman who is not a medical professional, committing suicide, even if she was responsible for the accident, prior to the childs actual demise. I also don't buy that she would have had a party that night and that the neighbor would have suddenly heard loud music at 1 am.

If she was in some way 'guilty' of hurting MS, then I could see her leaving, huding out even. She had family she could have turned to. If she chose to commit suicide, she I would think, would have done so privately. She was very Ameicanized. She didn't just come to America from Burma. None of this makes sense as a suicide.

Again, I am most sorry for your families loss and thank you for sharing it with us so we may somehow hope to understand this case better.

I talked to my brother about wheither or not Rebecca's body should have been covered or not ..I believe the temp was about 70 degrees that day..not positive..he responded that he would have had a tent put over her..not a sheet..cause even the lightest touch on a dead body can cause a mark. It is due to livor. Next I asked about evidence on the body being effected by sun exposure.. he said most evidence leaves a trace on the body..ie rope..fiber..fingerprints..not effected by sun.

He said because the body was nude and sitting in sun..speeds up decomp. Also with heli flying over ..would be better to put a tent over her.

I talked to my brother about wheither or not Rebecca's body should have been covered or not ..I believe the temp was about 70 degrees that day..not positive..he responded that he would have had a tent put over her..not a sheet..cause even the lightest touch on a dead body can cause a mark. It is due to livor. Next I asked about evidence on the body being effected by sun exposure.. he said most evidence leaves a trace on the body..ie rope..fiber..fingerprints..not effected by sun.

He said because the body was nude and sitting in sun..speeds up decomp. Also with heli flying over ..would be better to put a tent over her.

pferrin,

A great big :tyou: to you and your brother!!! He needs to come join us on WS!!

I think most of us thought at least a tent should have been erected (out of respect to all); don't remember anyone wanting her body covered by a sheet due to contaimination of evidence....

Why do we assume the music, was Rebecca's doing?
I don't think we have any idea of what Adam was up to that night.
Did he stay alone in the guesthouse, did he have company? Did he keep Rebecca company.
Also the sister calling at 12:00 AM and we assume she would put the call in CA time.
We don't know if Rebecca was a night person or day person.
We are in need of interviews and phone records.
Is it time for another clue yet?

I think the object was a painting because of the way LE carries it.
A mirror would be heavy. A few videos are posted.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...eo-dead-woman-san-diego-mansion-shacknai.html

IMO

I do wish Rebecca's family would speak out again..but I know this is a difficult time for them.

Why do we assume the music, was Rebecca's doing?I don't think we have any idea of what Adam was up to that night.
Did he stay alone in the guesthouse, did he have company? Did he keep Rebecca company.
Also the sister calling at 12:00 AM and we assume she would put the call in CA time.We don't know if Rebecca was a night person or day person.
We are in need of interviews and phone records.
Is it time for another clue yet?

I think the object was a painting because of the way LE carries it.A mirror would be heavy. A few videos are posted.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...eo-dead-woman-san-diego-mansion-shacknai.html

IMO

BBM

Loud music - suicide/RN - murder/the perp - time given was I think around 1 am......some think it was to cover-up sound of murder

Phone call from sister - could have been earlier if you go with time in CA

Also, does look like they are carrying a painting.......

Also, carried the 3-legged table.....

Definitely, time for another clue....this is frustrating because with info we have can be either suicide or homicide....:banghead::banghead:

Looks like the tabloids will be taking the lead on ferreting out details on this one. National and local media have taken a big snooze. No new articles over the whole weekend. It appears the San Diego media has been instructed to stand down on this very hot story on their own doorstep. Surely there is more background on the central players to be uncovered if one were to ask around. And not one peep from anyone at the hospital? Even the neighbors seem to have shut themselves in and taken cover. At least it appears this way with the news blackout. So, it'll be left to the National Enquirers and such to get something out there while the SDSD patiently gets their ducks in a row. The Union Tribune seems to be one of the softest "hard news" establishments around. Although, maybe that's just laid back 'Cali style'. Lots of good cooking recipes in that rag though!

I do wish Rebecca's family would speak out again..but I know this is a difficult time for them.

I would love to hear from her ex-husband of what, 8 years?

I know they are grieving for both Maxie and RN....

Do we know if they have released her body to them?

I thought I read somewhere they were going to have a service in Missouri??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah