The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

ALSO - please remember that name calling will be removed. If you write a really good post, but then call someone names, the ENTIRE post will be removed. All your HARD WORK down the drain. THINK before hitting the POST BUTTON.

All TOS apply - attack the post, NOT the poster. Don't bicker. If someone is getting under your skin, USE the IGNORE button.

As always - if you have questions or problems with moderation or another poster - PM a member of the MOD TEAM. Don't respond in the thread because the responsibility lies with YOU and YOU will be the one that gets the TO.

Thanks Everybody! :blowkiss:

Salem

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145081"]Thread 1[/ame]

Posted by beccalecca1:

I don't think that LE should arrest someone based off of guess work. The statements made by the A's could have been confirmed or verified if LE didn't look the other way. I don't believe it would've been too hard to do (pull up work records, cell records, etc). When investigating a missing child turned deceased child, I believe you shouldn't "guess".
&
If all LE "guessed" at who the suspects were and didn't investigate any other possibility, then there would be a lack of evidence. But just to make sure you have a solid case against someone you believe to be the criminal... why not just do a little more leg work? It's been 3 years before trial, lots of time for them to look down other avenues.

That's your opinion, whether I agree or not.
This is mine, whether you agree or not - when facts are the minimum and lies are the maximum, there needs to be a starting point - no one is going to raise their hand and yell 'I'm a suspect', and it's not likely the victim is going to write their murderer's name in blood (although it can happen).
If you believe there is no guesswork involved when investigating a crime, then that's what you believe. I'm of a different mind. I believe there would be many lost clues in many cases without guessing.

I will not continue to defend 'guesswork'.

To answer the thread's question, I strongly disagree with the verdict.

I disagree with the verdict strongly. The jury should have at least found her guilty of the third count.

I disagree with the verdict strongly. The jury should have at least found her guilty of the third count.
...and let's remember...not one question was asked. I don't believe they could possible have gone through EVERYTHING (including the jury instructions) and not have had ONE question to ask of the Court.

...and let's remember...not one question was asked. I don't believe they could possible have gone through EVERYTHING (including the jury instructions) and not have had ONE question to ask of the Court.

Not to mention, requesting to see the duct tape and heart sticker residue on that duct tape BEFORE THE TRIAL WAS OVER!!!! I know I keep asking, but why wasn't a mistrial declared? HHJBP just took this in his stride and I think it was made available to them -- someone please correct me if this is wrong. :waitasec:

I adamantly DISAGREE with the verdict!!!!

imo

I do not agree with the verdict, but I have to accept it.
As for not asking one question, my guess is they pretty much had their minds made up before they began deliberating and according to a lot of lawyers, that is not uncommon. We now know that the vote was split at first, so I would think their deliberations consisted of the majority arguing to swing the vote around to a unanimous "not guilty."
Yes, they should have found her guilty of something, but it is what it is. I think they didn't understand the instructions, 26 pages is a lot to wade through, IMO.

"They found the only twelve people who still think the world is flat"

Sue Moss

:confused: IMO -- this statement says it all!!!!!

I have to disagree based on the known facts.

CFCA lies. Her family lies. Caylee was dead with duct tape around her face.

That's enough for me to "connect the dots."

no i do NOT agree w/ verdict,nor do i have to respect it, or accept it, at all. at very least should have gotten manslaughter or agg. child abuse...( imo should have gotten 1st degree murder, but again all moo)
to keep w/in TOS, thats all im gonna say

I find it dispicable that any jury could exhonerate Ms KC for being responsible for precious Caylee's death..It's in...EXUSEABLE for any group of 12 to somehow hate KC's "Family" background as any sort of exuse to snuff a 2 year olds life out..bound, gag, package and DUMP her body to be muched on by critters of the swamp located less than half mile from their home....

It's it difficult for me even to try why these dozen peoples could ExHONERATE "Caylee's" momma..who by all evidence was the LAST "Caregiver" incharge of her well being..Makes me want to BARF!! I keep having re-ocurring dreams just how 12 normal people could HATE Grandparents..and Family Issues so much to EXCUSE "SNUFFING OUT" a poor baby's life..I am so sickened,,I doubt I will ever be able to what such INJUSTICE again and applaud all those that BLOCK FOrtunes to be made on the back of Caylee's Death..

Sorry, It's not just the INJUSTICE..but a "Notoriety" that breeds $$$ ..I take some respise knowing KC/ JB and any one else who benefit from this INJUSTICE will reap their rewards by a much higher power:rocker:

:innocent::maddening::sick:

I share C. Mason's surprise at the verdict. Surprise. Everyone was shocked, including Casey! I don't want to hear another word from this jury, Casey, the A's or Baez.

I share C. Mason's surprise at the verdict. Surprise. Everyone was shocked, including Casey! I don't want to hear another word from this jury, Casey, the A's or Baez.

reminds me how oj team was shocked at his verdict, including oj...kinda eerie similar path here...imo

Posted by beccalecca1:

I don't think that LE should arrest someone based off of guess work. The statements made by the A's could have been confirmed or verified if LE didn't look the other way. I don't believe it would've been too hard to do (pull up work records, cell records, etc). When investigating a missing child turned deceased child, I believe you shouldn't "guess".
&
If all LE "guessed" at who the suspects were and didn't investigate any other possibility, then there would be a lack of evidence. But just to make sure you have a solid case against someone you believe to be the criminal... why not just do a little more leg work? It's been 3 years before trial, lots of time for them to look down other avenues.

That's your opinion, whether I agree or not.
This is mine, whether you agree or not - when facts are the minimum and lies are the maximum, there needs to be a starting point - no one is going to raise their hand and yell 'I'm a suspect', and it's not likely the victim is going to write their murderer's name in blood (although it can happen).
If you believe there is no guesswork involved when investigating a crime, then that's what you believe. I'm of a different mind. I believe there would be many lost clues in many cases without guessing.

I will not continue to defend 'guesswork'.

My impression of the original post on "guesswork" was kinda of like you throw a dart at a board with all the player's pictures on it... whoever it lands on gets the arrest. Maybe I was wrong in assuming that.

I can understand watching a person of interest until you get enough evidence to arrest them, etc. (Isn't that the way normal investigations go?, Joran wasn't arrested by the U.S.... right?).

:maddening::banghead: I totally DISAGREE with the "Verdict" ...

:maddening::banghead: I do NOT "respect the "Verdict" ...

:maddening::banghead: I will NEVER "accept" the Verdict ...

:waitasec::waitasec: I wonder if there would have been a "Guilty Verdict" if the Jury had been selected from Orange County, instead of Pinellas County ?

:maddening::banghead::maddening:

My impression of the original post on "guesswork" was kinda of like you throw a dart at a board with all the player's pictures on it... whoever it lands on gets the arrest. Maybe I was wrong in assuming that.

I can understand watching a person of interest until you get enough evidence to arrest them, etc. (Isn't that the way normal investigations go?, Joran wasn't arrested by the U.S.... right?).

If you're talking Natalee Holloway, Joran was never arrested by the US as the US didn't have jurisdiction in Aruba. Apparently, the Aruban authorities didn't feel there was enough evidence to charge him as he was never charged in Natalee's disappearance.

If you're talking about the recent extortion attempt on Beth Holloway, he would be arrested if he set foot on American soil.

Amysmom said:
In the general jury instructions a "caregiver" is explained in most, if not all, of the charges..It pretty much explains it how you did above..But that wasn't good enough (for their case) so the DT wanted & was granted a choice be put in as special instructions re: "caregiver" at the time of Caylee's death.

1..She WAS the "caregiver" when Caylee died.
2..She was NOT the "caregiver" when Caylee died.

I think the jury focused way too much on this Q & had already bought into what many believe to be the FABRICATED "drowning" scenario that also threw GA in as the one responsible..That was bad enough but not a shred of PROOF was ever given during the trial! Not about this supposed "drowning" or GA!="just silly and uneducated"..Also imho!

Right. According to what has come out, the jurors who opposed the manslaughter charge believed that no one could say who was Caylee's caregiver - FCA or GA - when the child actually died.

It still bothers me that they didn't pore over the evidence and realize that FCA had to have been the caregiver. The foreman talking about body language cues of GA and how his background allowed him to see he was lying, that made me nauseous. It's like being asked to look at a house and observe what is wrong with it, then talking about there being dust on a window sill while the house is burning down.

:banghead:

no i do NOT agree w/ verdict,nor do i have to respect it, or accept it, at all. at very least should have gotten manslaughter or agg. child abuse...( imo should have gotten 1st degree murder, but again all moo)to keep w/in TOS, thats all im gonna say

I feel exactly the same way as you. Not only was the verdict innane, the manner in which this so called jury reached that verdict was ridiculous and NOT in accordance to the law or the Court's instructions. MOO

<snippet> Case law says that, under unusual circumstances, a judge can withhold jurors' names for about a week. Their names could be released early next week. But the judge didn't say when the clock started on that period.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...s-will-be-released-8212-but-not-today/1179295

I disagree that she was acquitted never able to be charged again.

I don't necessarily disagree that she didn't get first degree and the DP, but she never should have completely exonerated. The evidence was there and pointed to casey and only Casey. All of the rest was fabrications and imaginary scenarios dreamed up by the DT.

The jury simply bought the salacious OS by the DT and never got past that, they disregared all evidence and bought the non evidence, like Casey had george's privates in her mouth. They ignored that there was no evidence to support it just like there was no evidence to support an accidental drowning. Then they watched the DT fondling Casey, hugging her, stroking her, pretending to be consoling the poor thing and thought Casey was the victim, she didn't 'look' like she could do such a thing.

On the other hand, they bought everything about George because he 'looked' shady.

They had no clue what reasonable doubt really is.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member