Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    But....but...but..LyndyLoo - the jury didn't know who Caylee's caretaker was!
    Yeah, IMO there are a lot of things they don't know! I'll leave it at that, I like it here...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

If any case screams for jury reform, it's this one.. Maybe in future cases, clearer direction should be provided by a judge, instead of simply relying on a list of court documented instructions.
    Courts also should make it crystal clear that circumstantial evidence is still evidence and reasonable doubt must be just that - reasonable. A trial is supposed to be a search for the truth and needless to say, this case left everyone with more questions than answers.
    I also think attorneys on either side should not be allowed to just get up and say whatever they want if they have no intention to prove it (see Baez OS) and there should be sanctions harsh enough to deter them from doing so. Even though HJBP would not allow JB to discuss the molestation accusation in CS, the jury nevertheless heard this in opening statements. That IMO could have clouded their perspective.

JMO
    Vinnie Politan "HUG the KIDS ... give them the love Caylee deserved but did not get from her mother"

Kelsey's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWow42TCwzg

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Thinker Belle For This Useful Post:

Bumping from the other thread BBM

Thread: If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why
    View Single Post
    #1279 Report Post
    Unread 07-23-2011, 09:57 PM
    WS Adminoderator

PSA:
    When you guys want to respond to individual passages within one persons quote, it is best to quote each section,repsond, quote the next section,respond and so on. The reason is after awhile, it is very hard to determine who said what to whom.

One way to do this is to highlight the section you are quoting and then click the quote tab at the top of the posting box:

It will wrap whatever you have highlighted in a darkened quote box and then you can respond.

I try to fix them when I see them, but I often times cannot tell who said what and I don't want to confuse the issue or misquote someone.

hope that helps

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:

FCA is one of the luckiest people alive. Watching this video on the Scott Peterson case:
    http://youtu.be/16yDfsKS5g4

If you fast forward to 7:20 in the video you will hear 3 people on the SP jury give reasons why they came to their verdict. The similarities between this case and FCA's are eery."The case was circumstantial and everything put together makes the whole picture." WHY couldn't FCA jurors do that???

100% disagree with the verdict, the jury got it dead wrong IMO
    Vinnie Politan "HUG the KIDS ... give them the love Caylee deserved but did not get from her mother"

Kelsey's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWow42TCwzg

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Thinker Belle For This Useful Post:

The jury had been forced to remain idle, mentally, during all those many sidebars. Then there were other delays after the trial finally started, including JB leaving after lunch one day and FCA suffering from “trauma” and cutting the day short. Another day lost for taking a deposition from a defense witness, as I recall. I wonder how much of each trial day in that courtroom, for the jury, was shortened by sidebars, breaks and lunches, in addition to early dismissals. This jury was sequestered, it wouldn't take a college degree to understand that delays were making the captives restless. The DT knew there were time commitments by a few jurors, so delay, delay, and delay. The DT got away many shoddy actions by threatening to demand a mistrial. This perception of time of this selection for this jury and by this jury was way off, and a fatal flaw.
    Once it finally came time for the jury to de-liberate, they liberated FCA. The party was over, they were anxious to do a “quick pick” that would not require listening to arguments during a penalty phase. This jury decided they weren’t going to be punished with that decision, and be stuck with all that extra work. The jury selection should have also included the statement that unforeseen delays were possible and needed to be considered. Anyone with prior travel arrangements for cruises etc. in the next ten weeks should not have been allowed to be part of the jury.
    This case is going to become a favorite of defense attorneys who are unknown (like JB was before he got lucky). How to get away like murder – just lie like hell in your opening statement. You don't have to prove it. Just plant the dirt in the minds of the jurors. As you sow, so shall you reap? Plant dirt and get a dirty outcome. They did!!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker Belle View Post
    FCA is one of the luckiest people alive. Watching this video on the Scott Peterson case:
    http://youtu.be/16yDfsKS5g4

If you fast forward to 7:20 in the video you will hear 3 people on the SP jury give reasons why they came to their verdict. The similarities between this case and FCA's are eery."The case was circumstantial and everything put together makes the whole picture." WHY couldn't FCA jurors do that???

100% disagree with the verdict, the jury got it dead wrong IMO
    Wow that was fascinating to watch. That was remarkable. Must see video.

This Scott Peterson jury was SMART!

I thought it was interesting how the one juror felt it was inappropriate for the people to be standing outside the court building cheering, but boy is it is easy to comprehend having just been dealt the blow the FCA jury gave a lot of us. Definitely a cause to cheer when the jury gets it right like they did with Scott Peterson - justice has been served and the system worked (that time.)

Also interesting is how this jury stuck around after the sentencing and gave their interviews. They did not have to hide their heads in shame. And listening to them speak - wow, just the opposite of the FCA jury. Common sense shining!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HatesSociopaths For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by back2back19 View Post
    Me too but George was around, so who was really Caylee's caregiver that day? That seemed to be the argument against child abuse/neglect, which I really don't get.
    No matter where she is or who she is with, Caylee was FKC's child and she was her legal guardian. - she had custody of that child and was ALWAYS her primary caregiver.

It doesn't matter who you dump your kid with (although in this case she didn't) if you are the child's sole guardian, you are still the child's guardian and responsible for her welfare.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

I disagree with the verdict.

Thanks for asking.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AuburnSchnauzer For This Useful Post:

That unknown caregiver situation was not a puzzle to the jury, they merely tossed it out as the first excuse they reached for, without a second thought. Our legal system needs an overhaul...this is not justice for all, too many ways to sneak around it.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

Not sure where to stick this, but KC was drawn to Italian men. Italians have strong families. Something she was unfamiliar with, evidently but was drawn to. There must have been a reason why it didn't come into evidence that TONY didn't allow little Caylee to spend the night with he and the murdering little wench. That still bothers me ~ It is my opinion that the reason KC killed that baby was to have and enjoy her future life with TONY without the hindrance of that baby girl. Once she rid of her, she was at EASE all of a sudden.....I still wish there would have been just ONE (1) Conservative Italian-American on that jury.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AuburnSchnauzer For This Useful Post:

The verdict is still a shock to me, and my own personal consolation is that this case was tried in the "media" and on this forum board among many others, and that the infernal creature, Casey Anthony, is effectively condemned as the evidence proves.

As for the jury, I think the folks that made it up were collectively inadequate to the task. Unfortunately, that kind of stuff happens. We live in a fallen world, and in spite of the best of effort and intention, there will be failures. This jury failed their duty, which I did not recognize until some of them started explaining themselves.

I think for the over all good, our system of justice is the right one. We may acquit a criminal here and there, but I think we all benefit from living in a society more inclined to pronounce innocence than guilt. It is less forgivable to condemn an innocent person than acquit a criminal. In the great scheme of things, anyway. Crap like this particular acquittal is a sad part of the scenery.

That said, I unequivocally "condemn" this jury for failing to do the important duty trusted to them. I hope they regret their choice, and learn something valuable about themselves because of it. I hate to think of the crappy choices members of this jury make in their personal lives, if their acquittal of FCA is any example.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PeteyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    No matter where she is or who she is with, Caylee was FKC's child and she was her legal guardian. - she had custody of that child and was ALWAYS her primary caregiver.

It doesn't matter who you dump your kid with (although in this case she didn't) if you are the child's sole guardian, you are still the child's guardian and responsible for her welfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligram View Post
    That unknown caregiver situation was not a puzzle to the jury, they merely tossed it out as the first excuse they reached for, without a second thought. Our legal system needs an overhaul...this is not justice for all, too many ways to sneak around it.
    I also think that was just hogwash to try to validate their verdict. KC's signed statement placed her and only her with Caylee (anyone would know the nanny was invented as a cover). OS are not evidence. They could have asked to see her statement.. oh yeah they never asked to see anything. It seemed easier to make it more complicated by mulling over theories and points not presented???

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mystic For This Useful Post:

I disagree with the verdict....
    and the laws of opening statements must be changed... or add " opening statements are not evidence and may be a total fabrication of the truth, or a flat out lie designed to confuse you.."
    .. Please help Kyron come home!!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to froginTtown For This Useful Post:

Question Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaM View Post
    I think the jury's verdict was correct. The prosecution proved only two things to me: Casey lied on a regular basis, and her family has a lot of problems.
    What would you have needed to see or hear or touch or smell as proof?
    What would have sealed the deal as guilty, to you?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chizap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    According to the TIMELINE:

http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anth...ays-061608.htm

GEORGE ANTHONY
    WORKED TODAY
    George Anthony work shift at Lexus Dealership (Security Dept), 305 N. Semoran Blvd, Winter Park, FL. is 3-11pm 06/16/08.
    Okay GA saw them leave at 12:50, he leaves home sometime before 3, CALLED CASEY at 3:03, never states why, then Casey starts the flurry of calls around 4. Hinky! Add Casey telling LE she dropped of Caylee sometime between 9 and 1. Hinky! Anyone gota an answer to these things?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pcrum12 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast