Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: MI - Mariha Trenice Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Maybe something happened to Mariha earlier in the evening and whoever it was left her to sleep it off, thinking she'd get better, and only realized that she was dead in the early morning hours, panicking and making a really hasty plan to get rid of her body.
    It does make a lot of sense, except there were SO MANY people there, someone would have said something. There were relatives, and other children, if something that caused her to die in her sleep had happened, I just feel certain that would come out by now.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    I wonder if the clerk gave insight into the demeanor of the guy. Panicked, high, chatty, silent...KWIM? .41 worth of gas has to stick out a little unless that is a common occurence.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

I keep thinking with the head being crushed that could it be possible someone may have been drunk driving backing up and hit her with the car??

would that have been an considered an accident ...?

Or Vehicular homicide???
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

If she her skull was crushed in the house, wouldnt LE have found evidence of it? I am sure their first approach must have been something abuse related. That is SOP for someone who kills a child right? They either call 911 reporting a mysterious accident or death, or they disappear the child...maybe I am being too simplistic.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

8. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I wonder if the clerk gave insight into the demeanor of the guy. Panicked, high, chatty, silent...KWIM? .41 worth of gas has to stick out a little unless that is a common occurrence.

Also I didn't see any outside footage of him pumping the gas...

Down here every gas pump at BP has a camera on it...
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Right now, (for me) unless there is a direct quote from LE stating QS failed the poly, I'm taking info from family as finger pointing.

As far as I saw QS was being held on traffic tickets non related to the disappearance of Mariha.

It might be that she obtained prescription drugs for Mariha's mom illegally and that is what she lied about? That's just a guess.

As far as I've read, I thought QS did NOT attend the party Saturday night. Or at least I haven't seen she did attend the party.

Still confused.

I'm just praying LE id's the POI who purchased the .41 or .57 cents worth of gas. Once that person is id'd the rest of the pieces will fall in place.
    I used to work at a gas station (about 4 years ago) and sometimes people stopped in with their tanks empty and just put in as much gas as they could buy with the change in their pockets. (Of course back then the change in your pocket would get more gas than it does now!)

But I guess the POI is doing something other than that if LE is so concerned about him.
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

I made an online candle lighting group for Mariha. The group name is Marih.

Direct link:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Marih

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

What I am Confused about is in some reports it say he gave them $20.00 and didn't come back to get the change.

Now if you only had a small container WHY would you give them a $20.00?

why not give them a $20.00 and say I only need about a dollars worth and get your change before you went to put the gas in???

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    What I am Confused about is in some reports it say he gave them $20.00 and didn't come back to get the change.

Now if you only had a small container WHY would you give them a $20.00?

why not give them a $20.00 and say I only need about a dollars worth and get your change before you went to put the gas in???
    IIRC, he gave the clerk a $20 for $2 worth of gas. He got his $18 back, but didn't come back for the $1.59.

---------

Best Friends Animal Society

A better world through kindness to animals

[I]Please help BestFriends help us.

https://www.bestfriends.org/donate/index.cfm?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiki For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    I hope those who work for other gas stations in this immediate area are paying close attention to the survelliance that was released by LE.

If this guy drives he probably doesn't regularly fill up at this particular BP, but he is probably a regular customer at a gas station not far.

If he was on foot that morning hopefully someone remembers seeing someone walking with a container of gas. He likely would have walked down Dexter to Waverly and then down Waverly to the house. Also, just because he was seen running from the house doesn't mean he didn't have a car parked a little bit away he got into or had someone waiting for him.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    IIRC, he gave the clerk a $20 for $2 worth of gas. He got his $18 back, but didn't come back for the $1.59.

Thank You I must of miss read it!!!

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    This area looked rough when I did the street view. The BP is on one main interesection. The other main intersection which I looked at first (about a half mile or mile away) which has a McDonalds and two other gas stations, one was a mobil looked less rough.

I don't know if there were any witnesses seeing him walking. Or if there is a vehicle of interest based any surevlliance found.
    The cashier should be able to give a more detailed description and also there should be people in and around that area who might know him. Hopefully.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justanother View Post
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110728-wpms

video of POI buying gas, not sure if it was posted.
    At the 1.:03 point he appears to be looking straight at the surveillance camera. I don't really know how to freeze the frame and take the photo separately. Anyone want to try?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    Maybe something happened to Mariha earlier in the evening and whoever it was left her to sleep it off, thinking she'd get better, and only realized that she was dead in the early morning hours, panicking and making a really hasty plan to get rid of her body.
    This is exactly what I think happened

When you all are watching the video of the person buying gas, does it look to you that he looks right at the camera before he goes through the doors and leaves? Creepy.
    Last edited by chasing.halos; 07-29-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: I was wrong about the change thing :)

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    This is exactly what I think happened

When you all are watching the video of the person buying gas, does it look to you that he looks right at the camera before he goes through the doors and leaves? Creepy.
    I think he didn't realize there was a camera, saw it and that is why he didn't come back for the change from the $2 he prepaid gas.
    Just my, no one elses

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I see sadly u beat me to it.

Justice will come little one, be free
    Just my, no one elses

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~greeneyedgirl~ For This Useful Post:

DNA Shows Burned Body is Mariha http://www.freep.com/article/2011072...yssey=nav|head

So, so sad.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Sad, but not unexpected. Hopefully LE will be able to find the evidence they need.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

Oh gosh so sad
    Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it's a brighter day.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyrasmummy For This Useful Post:

RIP little lady...you are safe now.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Just reported on 4:00 news on WDIV: DNA confirms body found in burned home is Mariha. Thoughts and prayers for her family.

Burned Body ID'd As Mariha Smith

POSTED: Sunday, July 24, 2011

UPDATED: 3:44 pm EDT July 29, 2011

DETROIT -- DNA has confirmed that a badly burned body of a child that was found in an abandoned Detroit home belongs to a missing 5-year-old Detroit girl... www.clickondetroit.com

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Rest in peace Mariha.

Praying for justice.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Awful, my stomach dropped coming on and seeing 'deceased' next to the thread.
    How tragic, that poor child. Rest in peace Mariha.

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Not unexpected but just as heartbreaking nonetheless. Rest in peace beautiful baby girl. May you receive justice now.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast