775 users online (178 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

case i saw on unsolved

the other day i was watchin unsolved and saw the case of this women who went to meet her friend at a western bar for drinks. and never came back. it was belived she got into the car of a stranger beacuse she was drunk. he never took her home him and his wife killed her. and sent her to this feild in the state line. i dont remeber the state but it was out west, then years later her family gets a call that shes still alive. does anyone know anything about this story. i she looked to be hispanic but her husband looked white. she was driving a fairly new car, for back then and they thought she had car truble and later le found her car at the bar, with no evidence of foul play

I saw the case before also. The woman was supposedly murdered by a man who had killed several other women and confessed to her murder as well. The interesting thing was that this womans body was the only one that wasn't found, all his other victims were discovered. There is a theory that he lied, or that she somehow was alive when he dumped her body and wandered off with amnesia. It was a very interesting case and at the time I was planning to look up further info about it, but can't remember her name. It was very interesting that the family got a call that she was alive some 16 years later. If anyone has more on this I'd sure be interested to hear about it.

what if he got his locations wrong or some wild animal like a warewolf ate her i dont know if they have them where she was living but in ct we have them and i lost a cat to one he loved the outdoors and loved to stay out at nite we always had a hard time getting him in. one day he was gone and we think the warewolfs ate him, do u think someone who saw the posters of her missing, or knew of her disaperance got a little close to the family but not known like found out where they were and started this im alive hoxs. but then again they found the prison wordens wife 10 years later lvigin on the chicken farm

i did some searching and couldnt find anyting on this case, if it helps before the showed her case or after it they showed a segment on the st james motel or hotel in arizona or something like that and how its haunted and they send a psychic over and she saw stuff. if anyone remebers that episod and the story of the women and the bar and leaving drunk with a man who later with his wife killed her he was a serial killer. and all the bodys of the former people he killed were found just not heres and years later someone called to her family stating she was alive, it was somewhere out west or south

If you have the spare time to go through it, TVTome.com lists just about every episode (with a short synopsis) of every show ever seen in the US (including Unsolved Mysteries). If you can find the episode#, I can get you more details...

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/unsolvedmysteries.html

this site may help, too - there are some hardcore UM fans out there!

another case i saw

i cought the tail end of a case on unsolved today it was about a man i belive it was illinois or ohio, and he took his own life in a church.. when they found him he was wearing a western style necktie.. and was older. had a muscular bulid they said he could have been a swimmer.. and that he was probably from the southwest does anyone know anything about this case and if the man was ever identified.. i know he was burried in the church grounds and givin a stone and everything

smile 22

I believe this woman's name was Mary Ann Perez... and this happened way back in 1978-79?? I too couldn't find any info on her or the case at all.

LA - Mary Ann Perez, 33, Chalmette, 25 Mar 1976

The Doe Network:
    Case File 2808DFLA

Missing Since: March 25, 1976 from Chalmette, St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Date Of Birth: 1943 (estimated)
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 33 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 108 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Reddish-brown hair; blue eyes.
    •Dentals: Not Available
    •DNA: Not Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance:
    On March 25, 1976, Mary Ann Perez of Chalmette, Louisiana, went out with a girlfriend and left her teen-aged daughter to babysit the younger children.
    She told her daughter that she would be calling to check on the children about 10:00-11:00PM. First, Mary Ann called, stating that she was OK and that she would be home shortly. Later, a woman who identified herself as "Dorothy" called, to report that Mary Ann was having car trouble. Mary Ann's family did not know who Dorothy was and was concerned because Mary Ann's car was practically new.

Mary Ann never called and never came home. Her family soon discovered that she had gone to meet her friend at a country-western club on the outskirts of New Orleans.

The next morning, police found Mary Ann's car parked in front of the club, but saw no evidence of car trouble. Three days later, Mary Ann's purse was found in Lake Pontchartrain, ten miles away. It had been weighted down by a brick. But there was no trace of Mary Ann Perez.

Nine years after Mary Ann's disappearance, a convicted killer confessed to abducting and killing Mary Ann. According to his statement, he and his wife dumped her body near the Louisiana/Mississippi state line and made no attempt to hide her body. An extensive search was conducted, but no body was recovered, even though all of their other victims had been found where he said they would be. The couple were never charged with Mary Ann's murder.

Fifteen years after Mary Ann's disappearance, the family received a phone call from a woman stating she was Mary Ann's best friend, that Mary Ann was still alive but wasn't able to call herself, and that also she wouldn't be able to call back.

The call gave hope to the Perez family that Mary Ann may still be alive, though they realize it may have been a prank call.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

New Orleans Police Department
    504-244-4600
    504-821-2222

Source Information:
    Unsolved Mysterieshttp://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mi..._ann_perez.htm

LSU FACES Lab http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=503

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2808dfla.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QueenofWands

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

Interesting...no information of who the "convicted killer" is?
    www.petfinder.com Don't shop...adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by iowalovescaylee View Post
    Interesting...no information of who the "convicted killer" is?
    The convicted killer is named "David Courtney". I didn't include his name because I was writing Admin to see if it was ok to name him. When I found out it was ok to name him, it was too late to edit my original post. Please read more at the Unsolved Mysteries link below.
    QueenofWands

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

Well I believe the convicted killer when he said he dumped the body in an easy to find place because his other statements were true. I bet that an animal took the body away and that is what has made it harder to locate.

I think the phone call was a prank and the reason they received a call on the night of the disappearance about the car trouble was only because the culprits were buying more time as it would explain a late home arrival.

this case is not listed in namus

This case is now in NamUs : https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14115

Several sleuthers have brought to my attention that they think Perez could be Jane Doe 96-1207, aka "Mary Anderson."

There are some facial similarities, but the height is off and Perez had children. "Mary Anderson," from the ME report, stated she never had children.

Let me know what you all think.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Times Picayune Article - 04/02/76
    Mary Ann Perez - TP 040276.JPG

Times Picayune Article - 04/03/76
    Mary Ann Perez - TP 040376.JPG

DO YOU KNOW ME?
    Help Identify Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe - Slidell, Louisiana - June 19, 1986

Red/Brown (Auburn) Hair, 5'2-5'4, 20-30 yrs old, perfect teeth absence of wisdom, Scars; right knee, abdomen, right wrist, prior right hip injury, possible nose surgery, breast implants, 8-12 wks pregnant, marking of a ring left hand ring finger

LSU Faces: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=383
    NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/852
    Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html