*** [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9888728&postcount=1035"]How to Submit an Anonymous Tip in the Lauren Spierer Case[/ame] ***
Welcome and thank you for joining the discussion.
Good Things to Know before you Post
- Websleuths is a victim friendly environment. Discussing a victim's behavior or character is acceptable only when it's relevant to the circumstances of the case and done so in a reasonable manner. This policy extends to family members of the victim, as well.
- Do not attack or bash other members. Arguments should be aimed at the post, but not at the poster. If you're having a consistent problem with a member who always gets under your skin, go to the User Control Panel and enter a selection to ignore that member. If you need help finding the Ignore feature, a mod will be glad to help you.
- If you see an offensive post, don't call out the poster. Hit the Alert icon (red triangle) so a mod can handle the problem. If you respond to the post, you risk becoming part of the problem. If you quote an offensive post that is later deleted by a mod, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
- Rumors circulating on other message boards and websites meant to harm or incriminate individuals not mentioned in MSM reports as parties in a case, must remain where you found them.
- Do not link to Facebook, Myspace and other social networking sites associated with individuals, such as relatives and friends of victims and suspects. Generally, it is okay to link to a victim's page or a named suspect's page.
- Do not copy and paste posts or comments from other sites. If you come across a post/comment that is pertinent to the discussion, type a sentence or two describing what it says, and then post a link. Please use common sense when referencing comments from other sites.
- We can cut and paste from MSM news articles, but no more than 10% of the original article. And always provide a link.
- Do not ask other members to send you a PM, and do not discuss PM's in the open forum. Remember, the P stands for "Private".
- Members who wish to post opinions as experts or professionals in a particular field; or, members who wish to post as locals/insiders with specific information about a case, must first be verified. See the link below for more information.
- If you have any doubts or questions about what is acceptable, please do not hesitate to contact a mod.
These links contain helpful user information. Others are posted in the sticky sections of the forums.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79876"]Terms of Service - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97021"]Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
How to Become a Verified Member
Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.
Last edited by bessie; 10-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Muddy water in the street; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
she was also getting something about 46... so I'd think that looking at where 46 and 17th connect - that would be a very familiar area for the students
StrayKat-I read in a brief post somewhere else about a fire that happened a day or 2 before the Martinsville search-supposedly happened about 2:30 a.m. I dont known the details because its on H-T and it costs $ to access story. Some1 on here was kind enough to let me know the story does exsist. So...idk. I find it interesting. The building supposedly was small and a total loss. I have NO IDEA where in relation to the search it happened tho.
Last edited by cspring; 07-24-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Typo
Here's the rest of the story. Bessie, if I'm not allowed to do this I'll take it down
According to the story in the HT the burned building had some lumber inside. Unknown cause of fire (and I couldn't find any follow-up on that!)
Building a total loss
There's also a cell phone tower right next to the business that they were going to check for damage
Last edited by bloom54; 07-24-2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason: mod request
A poster previously alluded to searching up north. Was this referring to Martinsville and if so, would this route (46) take one there, from Bloomington?
I'll definitely have to listen then. I hope she indicates east or west. West is the most likely. I was a bit shaken after my drive because of the scary ares and all the possible places. I posted about it. I took some pics too that I decided against posting but maybe I will now.
So if that fire was on a Friday morning, what day did the search occur? Were they searching near this building?
For some reason, I can't get the radio show to play. Can someone please briefly paraphrase - unless the basics have already been presented here. Thanks!
re the fire - I don't see any followup on that story - nothing that gives a cause for the fire and oddly, there were no comments on that story.
Did she give any indications of what she thought happened, or just that she felt a "vibe" in a specific area, or the dogs hit there - anything else?
Honestly - a psychic?
I put about as much belief in them as I do ghosts or aliens.
Someone asked before - pinksweetpea or some similar name - why you might not spend too much time at Kilroy's. Well, LS was allegedly kicked out, but if she hadn't, she might just do a drive by to see who's out, then head to the next place. Or go there to get stamped and maybe have a drink, go someplace else, then go there late night and you wouldn't have to wait in line because you're already stamped. Sports is in proximity to several other bars.
What I would really like to know more about, or get people's opinions on, is how DR, JR, ZO are possibly connected through the drug trade. Is one the source for another? Given that JR and CR are friends (or are presumably friends, given that they tried to break into Smallwood together), what is the potential drug related incident that connects them to ZO? If anything at all?
The other thing that is interesting to me is that supposedly the altercation started at Kilroy's...carried over to Smallwood, punches are thrown...and per CR's lawyer, another altercation happened at 5 North. What the hell is going on? Why is a fight going on and on - again, not typical for Btown. Usually punches are thrown, then everyone moves on.
I also find it weird that JR/CR are friends (or maybe they're NOT, maybe CR is just a JR customer and Smallwood fellow breaker-inner) and live in the same building...JR and LS are supposedly friends (or was LS just a JR customer too, and the grandparent thing is coincidence)...yet LS and CR never meet until the Indy 500. That's just not the way things typically work in Btown. Especially in a strip of townhomes that small. And even more particularly when it seems that JR is hosting a lot of parties...
I posed these questions before, and no one responded, and I'm hoping it's because it was late at night...someone's got to have some kind of theory
I've also thought the same thing as you about the boys.....if LS really went to JR's to party often, you'd think she would have ran into CR before. JR and CR have lived in the same building all year, and they just begin to get together when LS is around, after school is out for the year? That makes no sense. Makes me think that JR and LS really didn't get together that often.
So how would 1 go about getting more info about the fire? Did they say exactly where it was?
Isnt Martinsville where the rumored ping has occured?
It is where the rumored ping is supposed to be... and I can't find any reference to the fire that doesn't point back to the HT article.
I don't know anything about Gale St. John and even less about parapsychology.
However, when the USG commissions SRI to investigate remote viewing in response to Soviet era "psi" programs and the USAF War College actually recommends pursuit of same, I'm certainly willing to maintain an open mind without necessarily swallowing the Kool Aid.