IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

I Haven't listened to it. I will try to. What is "it" that you Are referring to?

She speaks of getting "those feelings" in the area of 17 St. I am thinking there is more than one radio show with her on it. The one I am referring to would be from the first day... and her driving into town.

she was also getting something about 46... so I'd think that looking at where 46 and 17th connect - that would be a very familiar area for the students

StrayKat-I read in a brief post somewhere else about a fire that happened a day or 2 before the Martinsville search-supposedly happened about 2:30 a.m. I dont known the details because its on H-T and it costs $ to access story. Some1 on here was kind enough to let me know the story does exsist. So...idk. I find it interesting. The building supposedly was small and a total loss. I have NO IDEA where in relation to the search it happened tho.

Here's the rest of the story. Bessie, if I'm not allowed to do this I'll take it down

According to the story in the HT the burned building had some lumber inside. Unknown cause of fire (and I couldn't find any follow-up on that!)

Building a total loss

There's also a cell phone tower right next to the business that they were going to check for damage

she was also getting something about 46... so I'd think that looking at where 46 and 17th connect - that would be a very familiar area for the students

Not being from Bloomington, why would this be a very famililiar area to students? Are you referring to a highway (46)? What is in/around that area that would make it familiar to students?

A poster previously alluded to searching up north. Was this referring to Martinsville and if so, would this route (46) take one there, from Bloomington?

I'll definitely have to listen then. I hope she indicates east or west. West is the most likely. I was a bit shaken after my drive because of the scary ares and all the possible places. I posted about it. I took some pics too that I decided against posting but maybe I will now.

So if that fire was on a Friday morning, what day did the search occur? Were they searching near this building?

I'll definitely have to listen then. I hope she indicates east or west. West is the most likely. I was a bit shaken after my drive because of the scary ares and all the possible places. I posted about it. I took some pics too that I decided against posting but maybe I will now.

Can you refer me to your post where you posted about your drive? I don't recall reading this and I've been keeping up (I thought).

Do you know which direction E or W? E has all that massive construction.

Not being from Bloomington, why would this be a very famililiar area to students? Are you referring to a highway (46)? What is in/around that area that would make it familiar to students?

A poster previously alluded to searching up north. Was this referring to Martinsville and if so, would this route (46) take one there, from Bloomington?

17th street at 46 bypass is part of campus. There's a lot of road construction in that area.

For some reason, I can't get the radio show to play. Can someone please briefly paraphrase - unless the basics have already been presented here. Thanks!

re the fire - I don't see any followup on that story - nothing that gives a cause for the fire and oddly, there were no comments on that story.

Did she give any indications of what she thought happened, or just that she felt a "vibe" in a specific area, or the dogs hit there - anything else?

Did she give any indications of what she thought happened, or just that she felt a "vibe" in a specific area, or the dogs hit there - anything else?

All I can remember... she kept getting the "Vibes near 17th?" or something like that. Please, don't hold me to any of this... I was sleepy when I listened to it.

Honestly - a psychic?

I put about as much belief in them as I do ghosts or aliens.

Someone asked before - pinksweetpea or some similar name - why you might not spend too much time at Kilroy's. Well, LS was allegedly kicked out, but if she hadn't, she might just do a drive by to see who's out, then head to the next place. Or go there to get stamped and maybe have a drink, go someplace else, then go there late night and you wouldn't have to wait in line because you're already stamped. Sports is in proximity to several other bars.

What I would really like to know more about, or get people's opinions on, is how DR, JR, ZO are possibly connected through the drug trade. Is one the source for another? Given that JR and CR are friends (or are presumably friends, given that they tried to break into Smallwood together), what is the potential drug related incident that connects them to ZO? If anything at all?

The other thing that is interesting to me is that supposedly the altercation started at Kilroy's...carried over to Smallwood, punches are thrown...and per CR's lawyer, another altercation happened at 5 North. What the hell is going on? Why is a fight going on and on - again, not typical for Btown. Usually punches are thrown, then everyone moves on.

I also find it weird that JR/CR are friends (or maybe they're NOT, maybe CR is just a JR customer and Smallwood fellow breaker-inner) and live in the same building...JR and LS are supposedly friends (or was LS just a JR customer too, and the grandparent thing is coincidence)...yet LS and CR never meet until the Indy 500. That's just not the way things typically work in Btown. Especially in a strip of townhomes that small. And even more particularly when it seems that JR is hosting a lot of parties...

I posed these questions before, and no one responded, and I'm hoping it's because it was late at night...someone's got to have some kind of theory :)

Can you refer me to your post where you posted about your drive? I don't recall reading this and I've been keeping up (I thought).

It was the First week of July. My bad I don't know how to search here.

The other thing that is interesting to me is that supposedly the altercation started at Kilroy's...carried over to Smallwood, punches are thrown...and per CR's lawyer, another altercation happened at 5 North. What the hell is going on? Why is a fight going on and on - again, not typical for Btown. Usually punches are thrown, then everyone moves on.

I also find it weird that JR/CR are friends (or maybe they're NOT, maybe CR is just a JR customer and Smallwood fellow breaker-inner) and live in the same building...JR and LS are supposedly friends (or was LS just a JR customer too, and the grandparent thing is coincidence)...yet LS and CR never meet until the Indy 500. That's just not the way things typically work in Btown. Especially in a strip of townhomes that small. And even more particularly when it seems that JR is hosting a lot of parties...

I posed these questions before, and no one responded, and I'm hoping it's because it was late at night...someone's got to have some kind of theory :)

(snipped for space). I can't really pose any theories, but I will add a couple of comments. Regarding the fights.....we don't know for sure that whatever happened at 5 North was a continuation, as we've only been told another "altercation". It's also unclear whether this was the morning before her disappearance, or after. If it is after, I'm assuming that this altercation may have involved JW coming there to find out where she was.

I've also thought the same thing as you about the boys.....if LS really went to JR's to party often, you'd think she would have ran into CR before. JR and CR have lived in the same building all year, and they just begin to get together when LS is around, after school is out for the year? That makes no sense. Makes me think that JR and LS really didn't get together that often.

All I can remember... she kept getting the "Vibes near 17th?" or something like that. Please, don't hold me to any of this... I was sleepy when I listened to it.

Since you've mentioned it..what do you suggest we do with this information? I don't understand??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith