Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    Maybe someone would hit you again if you did?
    Soooo, then why go there to Smallwood in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    Because if Lauren did live on the 5th floor, and the altercation happened there, then why leave and not walk her down the hall to her own room?

Carl Salzmann said his client was punched when confronted by friends of Spierer's boyfriend in the 5th floor elevator lobby of Spierer's smallwood Plaza apartment building.
    http://tinyurl.com/3p66s4t
    CR was confronted in an elevator lobby. And allegedly punched. So he probably quickly got out of there back from where he came from (using an elevator) rather than trying to get to her apartment (in which case I presume he could have gotten beat up again). I think that makes perfect sense.
    Just my opinion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Because they were going to LS's apartment?
    How could CR know he was going to be allegedly beat up and couldn't get there?
    Just my opinion

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but does anyone know if they checked the basements of all the buildings in the area? A lot of apartment buildings have storage areas, places where students can put away luggage after unpacking.
    I apologize if this has been discussed. TIA

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Because you had no idea someone would hit you there?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I know this may seem like a dumb question, but does anyone know if they checked the basements of all the buildings in the area? A lot of apartment buildings have storage areas, places where students can put away luggage after unpacking.
    I apologize if this has been discussed. TIA
    I would hope so. But you never know. There was a Purdue University student found in an electrical closet two months after he went missing. And they did look for him but didn't find the body for two months.
    Just my opinion

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I'm honestly not attempting to be difficult, I just want to talk this through, because they went there for a reason. Yes he was punched there, apparently not hard enough to break much skin according to those who saw him the next day. So, he was punched, he was apparently still able to carry LS who was totally out of it home to his place, rather than walk down the hall and help her to her own room. Something isn't adding up for me.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Right, they must have gone there for SOME reason. But it could have been as simple as "Let's run by my place to see who's around"-- it doesn't necessarily need to be for a specific reason.

I get your point, but they could have just gone there on a whim.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mgorules For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mgorules View Post
    Right, they must have gone there for SOME reason. But it could have been as simple as "Let's run by my place to see who's around"-- it doesn't necessarily need to be for a specific reason.

I get your point, but they could have just gone there on a whim.
    They might have wanted to hang out but after he got allegedly punched he might have just wanted to get out of there. If there are people between him and LS apartment willing to beat him up I don't see why he would be trying to get into the apartment.
    Just my opinion

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Remember that him carrying her came from a "source" on one website. It is possible they were both drunk, both falling over each other, but not that she was unconscious and he literally had to carry her from one place to the other. I don't doubt they were a mess, but at this point in the night I doubt she was unable to do anything but be carried around. I will revise that opinion, of course, if more facts emerge.

I'm honestly not attempting to be difficult, I just want to talk this through, because they went there for a reason. Yes he was punched there, apparently not hard enough to break much skin according to those who saw him the next day. So, he was punched, he was apparently still able to carry LS who was totally out of it home to his place, rather than walk down the hall and help her to her own room. Something isn't adding up for me.
    The scenario as I believe it is that when LS and CR arrived to Smallwood, all heck broke loose between CR and a group of people. They may have all been loosely associated walking back from Kilroys and it came to blows in Smallwood. Or, they may have been hanging out at LS's apt with HT, they may have been hanging out at someone else's apt that LS and CR were headed to. They may even have just been waiting for the elevator when they ran into LS and CR. In any case, CR and the group have a little problem, and now CR wants to get out of Smallwood ASAP, and he leaves before getting to LS's apt. LS seems to choose to go with. I don't have an issue with it, as I think she has been clearly trying to hang out with CR all night.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    Your "witness" is HT, who was not present, and therefore is not a witness. I don't think anyone disputes CR was at JR's, but it does not seem clear that they went to Sports together. I have read statements that they did not, and may not have been together throughout the time at Sports. Just saying.
    JR and whomever else from JR's that gave a statement would be the witness/es
    You're right about the second hand info and technically those answers are with possible friends and employees at the bar.
    It seems like details from the bar scene are hard to come by.
    This is suspicious to me because it is a public place.
    I'll speculate that the bar owner and/or employees are just as concerned about liability as are some of the POI's.

What I'm trying to get at is who would be more likely to lawyer up for liability concerns and why.

I hope that CR and his rep are somehow assisting LE with info "under the radar" and not just laying in this BS of not remembering anything.
    This is a girls life we're talking about.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tr. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    The scenario as I believe it is that when LS and CR arrived to Smallwood, all heck broke loose between CR and a group of people. They may have all been loosely associated walking back from Kilroys and it came to blows in Smallwood. Or, they may have been hanging out at LS's apt with HT, they may have been hanging out at someone else's apt that LS and CR were headed to. They may even have just been waiting for the elevator when they ran into LS and CR. In any case, CR and the group have a little problem, and now CR wants to get out of Smallwood ASAP, and he leaves before getting to LS's apt. LS seems to choose to go with. I don't have an issue with it, as I think she has been clearly trying to hang out with CR all night.
    Oh I believe that she was trying to hang out with CR that night, but what most worries me, is why was she so out of it after leaving Kilroy's?

IF LS was given a date rape drug, I don't believe it was given by CR. My reasoning is that if he gave her this, with the intention of raping her, why would he take her to Smallwood for that? Sure, his room mate was home, but going to SW with LS, opens up many more witnesses in case she would happen to remember anything the next day. People would likely see him going in her place, and also, she had room mates. I think the "risk" would be much much less for CR if he went to SW with only one room mate present - presumably a good friend who might stick up for him anyway (and maybe we already have proof of that loyalty). The possibility is still there for a date rape drug, but I think it would be from someone else.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gabby66 For This Useful Post:

Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    Why would she go to her room if the person she wanted to party with was leaving?

It has never seemed unbelievable to me that Lauren wanted to be with CR that night.
    Then why didn't she sleep with him at his place when they got there?

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast