826 users online (113 members and 713 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

KS - Mike Sisco, 47, & Karen Harkness, 53, murdered, Topeka, 7 July 2002

It took 9 years and 18 days, but an arrest has finally been made - of the woman they all thought had done it all along:

Authorities arrest ex-wife in 2002 slayings (Topeka Capital-Journal)
    DUNCAN, Okla. — Dana Chandler was arrested Monday morning in the parking lot of an Arby’s fast food restaurant next to a busy street in Duncan in connection with the 2002 cold-case slayings of Karen Harkness and Mike Sisco in their southwest Topeka home.

Chandler, 51, is the ex-wife of Sisco
    ---
    A half-dozen officers had their guns drawn and pointed at Chandler’s Lexus automobile and shouted orders to her to surrender.
    ---
    On July 7, 2002, Harkness and Sisco were asleep in bed in Harkness’ town home in the 2200 block of S.W. Westport Square when they were shot repeatedly with a 9mm semiautomatic pistol.

Harkness was shot five times, and Sisco had seven gunshot wounds
    ---
    (more, plus many related links, at Capital-Journal link above)

Here's the '48 Hours' ("Haunted") which documents the case as of two years ago. Well worth watching.

I remember this case. I usually watch this show. I'm glad that they finally made an arrest. The reason I remember it so clearly is that her daughter was so afraid of her.

The full episode can be found on the show's website. I tried to link but it wouldn't work.

---
    Officers had located [Dana] Chandler, who was the manager at the Arby’s, and followed her Monday morning as she turned into the fast food restaurant parking lot.
    ---
    Chandler will be held in the Stephens County Jail in Duncan awaiting extradition hearings before she can be returned to the custody of the Shawnee County Department of Corrections.
    ---
    Updated info from the C-J article, plus pictures of arrest, at link: http://cjonline.com/news/2011-07-25/...-2002-slayings

One of the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Updated info from the C-J article, plus pictures of arrest, at link: http://cjonline.com/news/2011-07-25/...-2002-slayings

One of the pics.
    I've seen that 48 Hours episode a couple of times now and all I can say is , IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

Anyone here watch ID -Investigative Discovery? It is about this case to tonight least on my ID channel. Could be a repeat, because nothing about an arrest of DanaChandler. Thought the timing was almost eerie -much suspicion on Dana Chandler acording to this show.
    Last edited by Kateyes; 07-25-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Typo corrected to the word"tonight" and other typos

This is incredible, well done to the FBI for reviewing the case. Both families must be thankful of an arrest finally of the obviously guilty party.

This is such great news. I live 1/4 mile from the townhouse where the couple were killed in cold blood. I have known Karen's family for years and am so pleased they have finally received some solace in knowing that awful person is arrested.

Thanks, wfgodot! I haven't paid much attention to local news the past few days. Funny how WS brings my local news to my attention. Where do you live?

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    This is incredible, well done to the FBI for reviewing the case. Both families must be thankful of an arrest finally of the obviously guilty party.
    Not trying to be nit-picky, but just so the right agency gets their due credit, I believe it was the Kansas Bureau of Investigations.

Chandler was arrested in Duncan, Okla., by Oklahoma law enforcement officers, Topeka police officers and Kansas Bureau of Investigation special agents on a warrant charging her with the 2002 shooting deaths of Harkness and Sisco.
    Source:
    http://cjonline.com/news/2011-07-25/...est-happy-news

Good job by LE. Let's just hope the justice system works better than it did in the infamous Anthony case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateyes View Post
    Anyone here watch ID -Investigative Discovery? It is about this case to tonight least on my ID channel. Could be a repeat, because nothing about an arrest of DanaChandler. Thought the timing was almost eerie -much suspicion on Dana Chandler acording to this show.
    my husband was channel surfing a couple of weeks ago and found id channel he is now addicted to the id channel

when I got off of work tonight, He talked about this case all night, wait until i tell him she was finally arrested

This case from the very beginning pointed to Dana the ex-wife yet the detective working the case at the time looked everywhere but at the very one that was most suspicious.

I believe that was because she happened to be an adult female. Not one with a male accomplice but capable of doing this all on her own and the detective just couldn't get it in his head how evil and vindictive some females can be or what lengths they will go to .........to get even.

I think there are many other unsolved crimes that were committed by females where LE never put them on the potential suspect lists when they should have been front and center all the time.

It irks me to no end to know this POS walked around for 9 years free as a bird.

Thank God for a new set of eyes who were willing to look at the evidence and know it only pointed to one devious evil person.

Its so sad that both sides of the victims family members knew all along who had done this and had to sit there for years knowing she wasnt brought to justice until now.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

that is GREAT news! I just watched this on ID... strange coincidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella5 View Post
    that is GREAT news! I just watched this on ID... strange coincidence!
    Me too, I felt so sad for the son and daughter, I'm so glad they went ahead with arresting her.Next thing will be to get a conviction which unfortunately may tough with the lack of proper forensics done at the scene, another circumstantial case....

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    This case from the very beginning pointed to Dana the ex-wife yet the detective working the case at the time looked everywhere but at the very one that was most suspicious.

I believe that was because she happened to be an adult female. Not one with a male accomplice but capable of doing this all on her own and the detective just couldn't get it in his head how evil and vindictive some females can be or what lengths they will go to .........to get even.

I think there are many other unsolved crimes that were committed by females where LE never put them on the potential suspect lists when they should have been front and center all the time.

It irks me to no end to know this POS walked around for 9 years free as a bird.

Thank God for a new set of eyes who were willing to look at the evidence and know it only pointed to one devious evil person.

Its so sad that both sides of the victims family members knew all along who had done this and had to sit there for years knowing she wasnt brought to justice until now.

IMO
    After the Sandra Cantu and Jonathan Foster cases, I have felt that many cold cases especially involving children, could be solved by taking a closer look at female associates.

IIRC, wasn't she the one the victims' found jumping on their trampoline in the middle of the night in the previous months before their deaths? That really creeped me out... I'm glad she has finally been arrested.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast