1102 users online (237 members and 865 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,214

    CA - Bakersfield, Human Remains in doctor's home, Jul'11


    Monday, Jul 25 2011 11:05 AM


    Has any one heard more on this?



    Human remains found in east Bakersfield home


    At 5:45 p.m. Sunday, deputies responded to the 4200 block of Country Club Drive for a report of human remains in a trash dumpster.
    When deputies arrived, they spoke to the daughters of the homeowners. The daughters said that both of their parents were in medical facilities in the Los Angeles area and they were there to clean up their parents' residence.
    While cleaning out the residence, they came across human remains


    More at link

    http://www.bakersfield.com/blogs/bre...kersfield-home
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,214
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,862
    weird, wonder what the story is...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    weird, wonder what the story is...
    That's what I thought too.Interesting.I don't know what I think about this yet.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    That's what I thought too.Interesting.I don't know what I think about this yet.
    One human remains knowing he was a doctor...maybe there was a reason, but the second one??? Something is up!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,214
    They are not thinking it foul play????.Well,ok then.


    http://www.turnto23.com/east_county/...medium=twitter
    Last edited by Ms Suzanne; 07-25-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,214
    From the article


    "There was still some hair, still flesh on it, bone sticking out, hair around the ears and nasal area," said Joseph.

    Joseph says the head looked partially mummified and had the skeletonized spine attached.




    Please remind me to NEVER marry a Ophthalmologist(What ever that is).Because if he ever brings back something like this.Him and the head would not be staying.This would literally scare the crap out of me.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    From the article


    "There was still some hair, still flesh on it, bone sticking out, hair around the ears and nasal area," said Joseph.

    Joseph says the head looked partially mummified and had the skeletonized spine attached.




    Please remind me to NEVER marry a Ophthalmologist(What ever that is).Because if he ever brings back something like this.Him and the head would not be staying.This would literally scare the crap out of me.
    eye doc

    weird

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    eye doc

    weird
    Yes,very weird.I'm starting to wish I didn't hear about this.Thank God I don't have a garage.So I 'm not paranoid to go in there and find that.very very strange.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    They are not thinking it foul play????.Well,ok then.


    http://www.turnto23.com/east_county/...medium=twitter

    The newspaper has the neighbor quoted as saying they are not thinking foul play, not LE.

    One of the above MSM links states the remains are dated or old.
    I'm thinking murder, squatters the elderly home owners were not aware of or some medical use - which is very odd.

    I suppose this is a good time to bring this up.... (I didn't post before because I didn't know where to post it). A week or so ago I was watching "Storage Wars" and one of the finds in the storage unit was human skeletal remains. The guy who won the auction actually took the skeletal remains to an 'expert' who laid them out on table and started telling the guy how much this bone was worth, that bone was worth and that if it was a complete skeleton it would be worth more. She was actually putting a dollar value on each bone. (No mention at all about the age, just the dollar value).

    It kind of blew my mind, because I'd think most people who would find skeletal remains in an abandoned storage unit would call the police. Instead, here on TV the entire skeleton was laid out on at table for it's monetary value and no mention of calling the authorities at all, it was like they didn't even blink an eye. It gave me reason to even wonder (for the first time) about a market for actual human skeletal remains outside of being displayed in a museum and for a 'private' collection.

    Maybe this doctor was one of those private collectors?

    Creepy.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    The newspaper has the neighbor quoted as saying they are not thinking foul play, not LE.

    One of the above MSM links states the remains are dated or old.
    I'm thinking murder, squatters the elderly home owners were not aware of or some medical use - which is very odd.

    I suppose this is a good time to bring this up.... (I didn't post before because I didn't know where to post it). A week or so ago I was watching "Storage Wars" and one of the finds in the storage unit was human skeletal remains. The guy who won the auction actually took the skeletal remains to an 'expert' who laid them out on table and started telling the guy how much this bone was worth, that bone was worth and that if it was a complete skeleton it would be worth more. She was actually putting a dollar value on each bone. (No mention at all about the age, just the dollar value).

    It kind of blew my mind, because I'd think most people who would find skeletal remains in an abandoned storage unit would call the police. Instead, here on TV the entire skeleton was laid out on at table for it's monetary value and no mention of calling the authorities at all, it was like they didn't even blink an eye. It gave me reason to even wonder (for the first time) about a market for actual human skeletal remains outside of being displayed in a museum and for a 'private' collection.

    Maybe this doctor was one of those private collectors?

    Creepy.
    My dad used to go to auctions of storage units (more than 30 years ago) I am so glad it never entered any of our minds there could be bones in there!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    My dad used to go to auctions of storage units (more than 30 years ago) I am so glad it never entered any of our minds there could be bones in there!!!

    It really left me stunned. I couldn't believe what I was watching. For a moment I wondered if the bones were plastic and thought, nah - the expert would have said if they were plastic.

    It really left me wondering about the legality of private collectors having human skeletal remains and if perhaps the auction winner had already determined somehow these remains were not part of a crime or foul play and it wasn't included in the show.

    I really could not believe what I was watching.

    Hopefully there will be some answers regarding these remains found in this garage. Maybe some records exist showing the doctor had access to these remains based on his schooling/studies.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  13. #13
    eeyorelrn's Avatar
    eeyorelrn is offline I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lost in NC
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    The newspaper has the neighbor quoted as saying they are not thinking foul play, not LE.

    One of the above MSM links states the remains are dated or old.
    I'm thinking murder, squatters the elderly home owners were not aware of or some medical use - which is very odd.

    I suppose this is a good time to bring this up.... (I didn't post before because I didn't know where to post it). A week or so ago I was watching "Storage Wars" and one of the finds in the storage unit was human skeletal remains. The guy who won the auction actually took the skeletal remains to an 'expert' who laid them out on table and started telling the guy how much this bone was worth, that bone was worth and that if it was a complete skeleton it would be worth more. She was actually putting a dollar value on each bone. (No mention at all about the age, just the dollar value).

    It kind of blew my mind, because I'd think most people who would find skeletal remains in an abandoned storage unit would call the police. Instead, here on TV the entire skeleton was laid out on at table for it's monetary value and no mention of calling the authorities at all, it was like they didn't even blink an eye. It gave me reason to even wonder (for the first time) about a market for actual human skeletal remains outside of being displayed in a museum and for a 'private' collection.

    Maybe this doctor was one of those private collectors?

    Creepy.
    I remember that episode.... And if I recall correctly there were indications that the bones were part of a skeleton set that a doctor would have had on display in his office or a university would have used in classes.... It just so happened that this particular set was real bones, which is not common now. It was odd that the individual bones could be sold though... WTH you gonna do with a random ulna, you know?
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,360
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelrn View Post
    I remember that episode.... And if I recall correctly there were indications that the bones were part of a skeleton set that a doctor would have had on display in his office or a university would have used in classes.... It just so happened that this particular set was real bones, which is not common now. It was odd that the individual bones could be sold though... WTH you gonna do with a random ulna, you know?
    Thank you!! I usually have the TV on in the background with bits and pieces catching my attention without watching the full episode. Which happened with this particular episode. I missed the bones being part of a set a doctor would have displayed in a university setting.

    I wonder if this resident in East Bakersfield had at one time taught classes and the remains found in the garage were once used for teaching purposes. ETA: If he is old enough to be in a nursing home he is probably old enough to have taught or attended classes when real bones were still used in a University setting.

    Other than a haunted house I have no idea what one might do with a random ulna.
    ETA: and I would have never known real bones were once used in a university setting.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    8,862
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelrn View Post
    WTH you gonna do with a random ulna, you know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CA - Serenity Gandara, 3, beaten to death in Bakersfield foster home, 18 Jul 2010
    By darlin gal in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 05:04 PM
  3. FL - True Home Alone Story Mom Went To Doctor And To Get Beer
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Tags for this Thread