Flier distributor at Casey Anthony trial gets 292 days in jail, $500 fine

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
OMG!!!!! REALLY?? What is wrong with Florida????

ORLANDO --
A man who broke an order from Judge Belvin Perry during the Casey Anthony trial will spend the next several months in the Orange County Jail.

Mark Schmidter returned to the Orange County Courthouse on Thursday for his own trial for contempt of court charges.

Schmidter was arrested on June 29 after deputies said he was passing out fliers outside the "free speech zones" set up outside the courthouse during the trial.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/july/285203/casey-anthony-flier-contempt?cmpid=facebook

300 days in jail for passing out fliers but murder a child and get released from jail. Makes sense, in Florida. Sorry to Florida residents but I think your state is really wacked and have thought that since way before the Casey Anthony trial.

It took me a long time but I learned a tough lesson. Like them or not, agree with them or not, laws are laws, even if they are stupid ones they are still laws and if you don't follow them and you are caught, you will be punished so it's easier to just abide by them. Dude broke the law, he knew he was breaking the law and he chose to break it anyway. It sucks and I feel bad for him but he's an adult who made a choice and now he's gotta face the consequences of that choice. He'll think twice next time most likely. He'll probably only have to serve less than half the time.

300 days in jail for passing out fliers but murder a child and get released from jail. Makes sense, in Florida. Sorry to Florida residents but I think your state is really wacked and have thought that since way before the Casey Anthony trial.

Casey's fate was decided by a jury, this man's fate was decided by a judge. IMO that made all the difference.

I wonder if this guy or another one passed fliers in Pinellas,maybe that's what happened to the jury.

Apparently the State is recouping the cost of KC's defense, $500 at a pop.

God forbid you step outside the "free speech zones" in AMERICA!
GMAB

I thought ALL of America was a free speech zone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back