1234 users online (211 members and 1023 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Jurors names to be released on or after 10/25

Judge Perry ruled shortly after 5:00PM in favor of media who had brought suit for release of juror's names to the media.

He said he will release the names on or after October 25, 2011.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28673146/detail.html

Well, it's good that he is waiting that long. More time for people to cool off.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    I live in Pinellas County (County where the jurors were selected) and as much as I would have loved to be on that jury I AM SO GLAD I WAS NOT PICKED!!!! Of course, then again, maybe not, because by now it would have been a hung jury or we'd still be in there.........

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Here we go with the "the public is crazy" nonsense. NO acts of violence have happened to anyone known to be on the jury or to the defense team or FCA. Why keep perpetrating this fallacy? I don't understand it.
    Justice for GEORGE!

That gives the jurors some time to move and establish new identities

MOO

Mel

well( and this is my opinon only mind you) if they had done their jobs, and not dropped the ball and convicted her on SOMETHING, then no need to protect their identities...i dont wish them harm, but they need a serious scolding...

good for HHJP. really like that judge.

I don't think anyone wishes any harm to the jurors, but I think they should have to complete a homework assignment ...

Read this article (already posted in a couple of other WS forums):

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticl...n=1&hbxlogin=1

Then, stand up in front of the media and admit you made a mistake in this case by finding FCA not guilty of the major charges ....

That I would admire and it might lead to a little forgiveness on everyone's part ...

DEFENDANT IS A LIAR + DEFENDANT'S KID GOES MISSING + DEFENDANT REPORTS KID MISSING AFTER 31 DAYS + KID IS FOUND DEAD = DEFENDANT KILLED KID

I posted the following in another thread but it should go here as well...

One thing that stood out to me in the article about HHJP not releasing the names until October...

"Eckstadt said fellow jurors have said they don't want each other talking to the media."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5310429.story

I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all, actually? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway. Makes me feel very suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I completely understand, just wish he would hold off longer for their safety
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    That gives the jurors some time to move and establish new identities

MOO

Mel
    I imagine some might do just that. I do fear for their safety
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post

One thing that stood out to me in the article about HHJP not releasing the names until October...

"Eckstadt said fellow jurors have said they don't want each other talking to the media."

I can't help but wonder why they would feel the need to make this decision or agreement as a group. Why the need to discuss it at all, actually? Why not leave that up to each individual? Then, of course, there were those that apparently broke ranks and talked anyway. Makes me feel very suspicious.
    Me too. My hinky meter flew off the charts on this on and hasn't come down.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post
    Judge Perry ruled shortly after 5:00PM in favor of media who had brought suit for release of juror's names to the media.

bbm sounds like some leeway there JMO

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked View Post

A wise decision. Hopefully the media will have moved on and not whipping the public into a frenzy again.

Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post

Well that's a very odd statement (BBM). They don't want each other talking to the media? Why? Something to hide?

Well, we now know they must have discussed the media during deliberations, as what other time could they have done that? They should have been discussing the evidence and deliberating - not what they were going to say to the media.

MOO

Mel

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast