GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondergirl
So, can somebody help me out on this Hash Harrier thing?

It seems to be a bit cat and mouse, like a game, and I am wondering if I have this right?

Of course, the reason I am asking, is since it has been suggested that Lauren's remains have left in different places to taunt LE, I am wondering about it, that's all.

************************************************** *************************************
Hash:

Each run is led by a runner designated ahead of time as the Hare, who lays a trail for the other runners (the Hounds) to follow.
"The Hash House Harriers (abbreviated to HHH, H3, or referred to simply as Hashing) is an international group of non-competitive running, social and drinking clubs. An event organized by a club is known as a Hash or Hash Run, with participants calling themselves Hashers or Hares and Hounds."

Hash House Harriers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hash House Harriers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wondergirl,
My family member is in the Hash House Harriers running group.

The Hare plans the route ahead of the run. Sometimes it takes the Hare several days to plan the route by going out into the woods to rehearse and mark the trail. In pre-planning the run, the Hare attempts to make it a tricky challenge by designing the trail so that it turns back on itself with twists and turns, through swamps, rivers, thickets, woods, etc. so as to confuse the Hounds ( Hasher runners) ensuring that the Hare is not caught.
The path is marked with toilet paper or flour.

On the day/night of the race, the Hashers meet at one designated location which is at the beginning of the preplanned trail. One or several Hashers do not run, rather they set up the drinks which is beer, water and juice and wait while the others do the run. The Hare departs ahead of the other Hashers with the remainder of the Hashers following about 20 minutes later. The length of the run varies depending on the trail the Hare planned out. In order to be the Hare, one has to be clever enough to design the trail for the run so that the trail is challenging and fun. When the run is completed the runners all meet up where they started. The runners culminate the event with songs, tales about the run, drinks, and good cheer. Also, the Hare members do not use their real names. They all have funny nick names.

The group consists of attorneys, engineers, teachers, Mercer professors, ETC. The Hashers not only run together, they also enjoy other social activities. They sometimes dress up in kilts or some other fun clothes and go bar hopping in Macon. My family member really enjoys the Hasher runs/social activities and has met some wonderful friends through this group, one of which was Lauren.

~ Remembering Lauren, her family & friends ~

BACK WOODS
Interesting! How often do these runs happen -- is there a set schedule, or is it more impromptu, just when members are available?

Backwoods,
There is a HHH run about every week or so. The members participating vary in at any given run. Very flexible group.

I had planned, as I often do, just to quickly read the new posts to catch up, but there has been a lot of interesting conversation and new information here that is causing me to think of some possibilities. I found the discussion of the sewer systems as a popular place for some runners especially notable because of early articles indicating that LE was searching for LG's remaining body parts in storm drains and sewers:

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/196838/1/Police-Agnes-Scott-alum-Lauren-Giddings-dismembered
He said they searched Tuesday in city drains and sewers, but didn't find any evidence there.

Is that a place LE would normally search for discarded body parts or were there other clues that led LE to a certain theory? There was also the discussion about an unidentified car that parked in the back of the BH complex. Might someone have arranged to take LG running and picked her up, parking in the back lot? Perhaps they drove to where there was an elaborate sewer system, under the pretense of running, but that's where LG was murdered. Seems like it would be the perfect place to hide a body; she would only be considered missing. The perp could have returned to LG's apartment afterwards and, being privy to the spare key, entered her apartment, placed her purse, ID and keys on the couch and then locked the door behind him. That would certainly create a baffling scene for everyone. So, then, why would the perp return the torso to the apartment complex rather than leave it in the sewer? Also, even though none of the apartments at BH were described as a bloody scene, we do know that pipes, a bath tub and a refrigerator were removed. There must have been some evidence to prompt LE to analyze these items, but a non-BH resident would not have had access to all of the other apartments. Opportunity just seems to lead back to McD.

Also, I can't imagine LG locking her apartment door if she was only going outside for a few minutes to take out the trash or to talk briefly to a friend who drove by. Despite the problems I've had with my neighborhood, I don't lock my door when I take my trash to the dumpster at the other end of the street. But, maybe again I'm presuming LG would do what I do. It just doesn't seem likely that she would take that precaution, either, if she was so slack as to leave a spare key on her balcony. I keep returning to the scenario where she was attacked from behind sometime after entering her apartment, by someone who entered her apartment in her absence. I wonder if LG routinely kept her purse and keys on her couch? During a struggle, e.g., if she were choked, she would've dropped her purse and keys (still in her hand) if she were attacked soon after walking in the door. The perp may have picked up her purse, keys and ID (maybe it fell out of her purse during the struggle) from the floor and placed the items on her couch.

But, we know that LE found her sack and receipt from Zaxby's in her apartment:

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...-Zaxbys-is-Last-Known-Sighting-125304748.html
Macon Police confirm that a food bag and receipt were found inside her apartment.

Earlier, I assumed that LG had eaten and that the sack from Zaxby's had been discarded. But, do we know this? If LG was attacked soon after walking in the door, she may also have dropped the food bag, which the killer placed on the couch or table or elsewhere.

Donations in honor of Lauren

Anyone wishing to donate to funds in Lauren Giddings’ memory can send checks to:
The Lauren Teresa Giddings Family Fund
St. Mary of the Mills Church
Attn: Giddings Family
114 Saint Mary’s Place
Laurel, MD 20707

Checks should be made out to Lauren Teresa Giddings. Online donations are scheduled to be accepted soon through http://laurengiddings.web44.net/wordpress/.

Agnes Scott College
Office of Development
141 E. College Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030

Online donations can be made by visiting https://alumnet.agnesscott.edu/Default.aspx?page=giveusergift

Gifts to the college, online or mailed, should include a notation that the donation is in Giddings’ memory

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/27/1644916/giddings-remains-released-to-family.html#ixzz1TIEapRw6

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/27/1644916/giddings-remains-released-to-family.html

Indy Anna - I assumed they might have been looking for evidence that had been washed down the drain, since they removed drains from the apartment. That's why I didn't bring up the sewer thing until yesterday.. But, I suppose they could be looking for evidence placed by someone walking through the sewers as well.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/local/Bibb-County-Coroner--126227233.html

...includes a different quote from Coroner Leon Jones regarding text messages circulating about a serial killer in town....

Here is the quote:
“There are no serial killers in Macon, Georgia. There have been no bodies been found chopped up or mutilated or anything in Macon, Georgia. There's no cover up. One lady that called me this (Tuesday) morning was an educator and she was concerned that there was a cover up...there's no cover up, nobody's covering up anything, the media's not covering up anything. If a body's been found in Macon, I would know.”

That is a lie. Why would he say that? We know ONE body has been found "chopped up." I am surprised he would simply disregard THE murder everyone is talking about. If he were being more accurate, he should have stated they had only found one body dismembered, no additional bodies have been found. However, by simply skipping the one, it makes you wonder what other details have been skipped.

Bad wording, I'm sure, but it still looks really strange knowing what we know.

I had planned, as I often do, just to quickly read the new posts to catch up, but there has been a lot of interesting conversation and new information here that is causing me to think of some possibilities. I found the discussion of the sewer systems as a popular place for some runners especially notable because of early articles indicating that LE was searching for LG's remaining body parts in storm drains and sewers:

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/196838/1/Police-Agnes-Scott-alum-Lauren-Giddings-dismembered

Is that a place LE would normally search for discarded body parts or were there other clues that led LE to a certain theory? There was also the discussion about an unidentified car that parked in the back of the BH complex. Might someone have arranged to take LG running and picked her up, parking in the back lot? Perhaps they drove to where there was an elaborate sewer system, under the pretense of running, but that's where LG was murdered. Seems like it would be the perfect place to hide a body; she would only be considered missing. The perp could have returned to LG's apartment afterwards and, being privy to the spare key, entered her apartment, placed her purse, ID and keys on the couch and then locked the door behind him. That would certainly create a baffling scene for everyone. So, then, why would the perp return the torso to the apartment complex rather than leave it in the sewer? Also, even though none of the apartments at BH were described as a bloody scene, we do know that pipes, a bath tub and a refrigerator were removed. There must have been some evidence to prompt LE to analyze these items, but a non-BH resident would not have had access to all of the other apartments. Opportunity just seems to lead back to McD.

Also, I can't imagine LG locking her apartment door if she was only going outside for a few minutes to take out the trash or to talk briefly to a friend who drove by. Despite the problems I've had with my neighborhood, I don't lock my door when I take my trash to the dumpster at the other end of the street. But, maybe again I'm presuming LG would do what I do. It just doesn't seem likely that she would take that precaution, either, if she was so slack as to leave a spare key on her balcony. I keep returning to the scenario where she was attacked from behind sometime after entering her apartment, by someone who entered her apartment in her absence. I wonder if LG routinely kept her purse and keys on her couch? During a struggle, e.g., if she were choked, she would've dropped her purse and keys (still in her hand) if she were attacked soon after walking in the door. The perp may have picked up her purse, keys and ID (maybe it fell out of her purse during the struggle) from the floor and placed the items on her couch.

But, we know that LE found her sack and receipt from Zaxby's in her apartment:

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...-Zaxbys-is-Last-Known-Sighting-125304748.html

Earlier, I assumed that LG had eaten and that the sack from Zaxby's had been discarded. But, do we know this? If LG was attacked soon after walking in the door, she may also have dropped the food bag, which the killer placed on the couch or table or elsewhere.

OR, maybe she came home late, went inside, locked the door, set her things down as usual, food on counter, went in her bedroom to charge her phone but a noise surprised her...................whether McD was in there, it was Saturday night, she surprised him upon her return as he thought she'd be out a while, he got nosey about her place and was caught, couldnt' get out without being noticed and one thing led to another. She freaked out, he freaked out.

quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl
so, can somebody help me out on this hash harrier thing?

It seems to be a bit cat and mouse, like a game, and i am wondering if i have this right?

Of course, the reason i am asking, is since it has been suggested that lauren's remains have left in different places to taunt le, i am wondering about it, that's all.

************************************************** *************************************
hash:

Each run is led by a runner designated ahead of time as the hare, who lays a trail for the other runners (the hounds) to follow.
"the hash house harriers (abbreviated to hhh, h3, or referred to simply as hashing) is an international group of non-competitive running, social and drinking clubs. An event organized by a club is known as a hash or hash run, with participants calling themselves hashers or hares and hounds."

hash house harriers - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
hash house harriers - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wondergirl,
my family member is in the hash house harriers running group.

The hare plans the route ahead of the run. Sometimes it takes the hare several days to plan the route by going out into the woods to rehearse and mark the trail. In pre-planning the run, the hare attempts to make it a tricky challenge by designing the trail so that it turns back on itself with twists and turns, through swamps, rivers, thickets, woods, etc. So as to confuse the hounds ( hasher runners) ensuring that the hare is not caught.
The path is marked with toilet paper or flour.

On the day/night of the race, the hashers meet at one designated location which is at the beginning of the preplanned trail. One or several hashers do not run, rather they set up the drinks which is beer, water and juice and wait while the others do the run. The hare departs ahead of the other hashers with the remainder of the hashers following about 20 minutes later. The length of the run varies depending on the trail the hare planned out. In order to be the hare, one has to be clever enough to design the trail for the run so that the trail is challenging and fun. When the run is completed the runners all meet up where they started. The runners culminate the event with songs, tales about the run, drinks, and good cheer. Also, the hare members do not use their real names. They all have funny nick names.

The group consists of attorneys, engineers, teachers, mercer professors, etc. The hashers not only run together, they also enjoy other social activities. They sometimes dress up in kilts or some other fun clothes and go bar hopping in macon. My family member really enjoys the hasher runs/social activities and has met some wonderful friends through this group, one of which was lauren.

~ remembering lauren, her family & friends ~

back woods
interesting! How often do these runs happen -- is there a set schedule, or is it more impromptu, just when members are available?

backwoods,
there is a hhh run about every week or so. The members participating vary in at any given run. Very flexible group.

sounds like fun

Indy Anna - I assumed they might have been looking for evidence that had been washed down the drain, since they removed drains from the apartment. That's why I didn't bring up the sewer thing until yesterday.. But, I suppose they could be looking for evidence placed by someone walking through the sewers as well.

ME TOO...........becuase no visible evidence in the homes and the dismemberment, I presumed they were thinking of cannibalism and maybe garbage disposal use/blood in the drains. Which would ultimately end up in the sewer tunnels?

Hash House seems to run in different locations like swamps, woods, etc, not just storm tunnels, sounds like a way to relieve your stress, good clean fun to do something wild (ina good way) that you wouldn't normally do

This is completely depressing.

Giddings’ remains released to family

Police to hold Wednesday morning news conference to update case

By AMY LEIGH WOMACK - awomack@macon.com

For many of Lauren Giddings’ classmates, Tuesday was a day they had long ago marked on their calendars.

It was the first day of bar exam testing.

But for her friends and family, Tuesday also marked the day when Giddings’ remains were released to a funeral home for cremation.

Giddings’ sister, Kaitlyn Wheeler, described the day as bittersweet, when reached by telephone.

In the days after police found Giddings’ dismembered body June 30, her family encouraged Giddings’ friends to keep studying for the bar -- even to use it as a distraction from their anxiety and sorrow, Wheeler said.

“We know that’s what Lauren would have wanted,” she said.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/27/1644916/giddings-remains-released-to-family.html#ixzz1TJ9bvvNS

Yesterday’s psychology discussion was a bit over my head. But, isn’t cruelty to animals a precursor to sociopathic behavior.
This could be nothing at all, but I found some interesting quotes:

She could recall just one conversation with McDaniel, a recent one, during their time as neighbors. She said a few weeks back he told her about a cat that had five kittens in the bushes nearby. “He was just sitting there looking in all them weeds,” Spencer said.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/14/1630766/refrigerator-removed-from-apartment.html#storylink=misearch

Then this:
police said they searched the wooded area last night with the help of the Fire Department and Public Works employees after someone reported a foul odor, which turned out to be from a dead animal.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134401/175/Macon-Police-Search-Apartment-of-Lauren-Giddings

It would be interesting to know if the animal they found was a cat and if the death was natural or not. Probably just hit by a passing car?

WOW I'd read that too about the finding of a dead animal and had forgotton about it. Yes that is true about animal cruelty by some with personality disorders, not sure exactly which ones. But sociopaths definitely, Thanks

Just in case there is an arrest today, here is the Inmate Jail Search link. (SMcd is still listed there under the 2 burglary charges this morning)

13WMAZ is streaming the presser live, would someone be kind enough to transcribe it here, or post the main points for those working? TIA

http://www.co.bibb.ga.us/BSOInmatesOnline/BSOSearchPage.asp

Not sure if this is the live link for the presser or not:

http://www.13wmaz.com/video/live/default.aspx
This should be the right link. 13WMAZ has carried the other pressers.

I think the dead animal in that wooded area had to be natural. Not because of anything I read, but because it was so thick that I don't think a person could have gotten in there. They had to clear the area to find what it was. I think, from what I saw of the area before all of this, only smaller animals, like cats, squirrels, and snakes, could have been in there. And that might explain why so many cats are running around that area. Free, fairly safe hiding spot to live and multiply.

Yesterday’s psychology discussion was a bit over my head. But, isn’t cruelty to animals a precursor to sociopathic behavior.
This could be nothing at all, but I found some interesting quotes:

She could recall just one conversation with McDaniel, a recent one, during their time as neighbors. She said a few weeks back he told her about a cat that had five kittens in the bushes nearby. “He was just sitting there looking in all them weeds,” Spencer said.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/14/1630766/refrigerator-removed-from-apartment.html#storylink=misearch

Then this:
police said they searched the wooded area last night with the help of the Fire Department and Public Works employees after someone reported a foul odor, which turned out to be from a dead animal.
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/134401/175/Macon-Police-Search-Apartment-of-Lauren-Giddings

It would be interesting to know if the animal they found was a cat and if the death was natural or not. Probably just hit by a passing car?

Nice catch, clkwrks. I did not tie those 2 seperate things together (in fact I completely missed the kitten reference).

I wonder why the neighbour even brought that up, about him watching the kittens?

Isn't that the oddest thing, a foul odor and a dead animal at the same time she was reported missing.................but apparetnly the animal had been there a few days to emit an odor. Someone could have killed it and chunked it into "them weeds", maybe that was not a big enough kill. I"m wondering after reading that article above, about the interview with Ms Spencer...........I certainly didnt' get that impression from viewing McD recently on the news etc. I wonder if that stare was the same stare Ms Spencer was talking about.....................Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74