Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McMunn View Post
    I'm thinking you're correct about this, Knox. Maybe he not only went with them so that he could enter LG's apartment and have a reason for his prints and DNA to be there, but to help guide the friends on their search AWAY from the garbage can.
    In the scenario I have envisioned, SM did not place the torso there until the wee hours of Thursday morning .... some time after cops/friends left. Like, he knew the gig was up and had to do something quick, and trash collection was conveniently later that morning. This scenario assumes the torso had been stored in downstairs fridge for at least some of the time between Sunday and Thurs AM. My guess is it would still smell strongly even if only exposed out there for 6-8 hours, but I am no expert on decomp.

All MOO .... of course could be completely off.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Previous Admonitions For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernKate View Post
    It was an elderly man, found dead in his van, at the grocery store.

Completely unrelated to this case.
    COMPLETELY.....just interesting that people keep being fuond dead in macon.

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
    COMPLETELY.....just interesting that people keep being fuond dead in macon.
    This is off-topic, but reminds me of what my nephew as a little boy said when we (from a rural neighboring county) drove by Rose Hill Cemetery in Macon: "There sure is a lot of dead people in Macon!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

I've never smelled a decomposing body fortunately. However I used to be an ICU nurse and I can tell you there are some smells that you can't get rid of by removing gloves and an isolation gown. Some smells just stick to you. I think of that every time I see his long hair.

A proud decedent of The Declaration of Independence signer.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3doglady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    When I watch the video at your link, I don't hear the sister talk about the part I've bolded in your post? Nor do I see this in the print version at the same link...? Does anybody else? Could it have been edited since being posted?? Now that would be STRANGE...!

thanks for posting this!
    It's in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the video.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

When I watch the video at your link, I don't hear the sister talk about the part I've bolded in your post? Nor do I see this in the print version at the same link...? Does anybody else? Could it have been edited since being posted?? Now that would be STRANGE...!

thanks for posting this!
    I just clicked on the link from your re-post and it goes to the same one. She talks about that part at about 1:56 but it's a long interview, 11 min!

They don't recount that part in the text recap...which surprises me.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GypsiesTramps&Thieves For This Useful Post:

Now, I am just thoroughly confrused....the way the sister talks about Stephen and Lauren's "friendship" I would be suprised if she went anywhere with him.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Givsmetheshivers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GypsiesTramps&Thieves View Post
    Good point! So, say that this horrible murder never happened....Boni went in to Lauren's apartment while she wasn't there. Boni leaves the note on the outside of the door. The next day Lauren calls Boni and is like "oh hey, sorry, I've been holed up in the library I just haven't had time to call you."

Would Boni have ever admitted that she went into her tenant's apartment without permission or would she let that one slide? A landlord that wasn't afraid to tell her tenant she went inside probably would have left it on her desk or kitchen counter or whatever.

Maybe Stephen is not the only one around that place that likes to go into apartments and peruse while they think the tenant is not there. But this whole thing probably doesn't have any bearing on the case whatsoever.
    I'm sure she doesnt' snoop.....mercy.......she needed to take possession for the next tenant and She left the note on the outside once she saw Lauren hadn't moved, probably didnt' suspect she really shouldn't enter (without notice to tenant prior to entering) since she thought Lauren was going to be moved out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    It's in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the video.
    Thanks, and --this is so strange -- now it's there for me, too. the whole long interview. But I swear that when I first went to the link, the video was a much shorter one, just an excerpt from the long interview, and the whole part about Lauren/Stephen, about Kaitlyn meeting SM, etc., was not in it... weird. The whole thing that played when I first went to the link wasn't more than a couple of minutes long at the most.

Guess everybody will think I'm nuts or really incompetent now ...but for real, it happened!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

Other interesting things in that video-

Kaitlyn asked Lauren's friend to go into her apartment and check on her that night.

Mercer Security went to the apartment that night at 10:00, but found nothing suspicious. Kaitlyn called 911 after that and MPD also came to the apartment that night.

Lauren never said she felt unsafe or scared in that email.

The first time Kaitlyn met McD was at the bar. The whole class was going out for a pre-graduation celebration that night and Lauren had mentioned the get together to McD. Lauren remarked to Kaitlyn she was glad McD came, that he usually never went out with her friends

Lauren's Father speaks to LE everyday.

(Paraphrased the above, may not be exact wording)
    Last edited by Knox; 07-29-2011 at 12:17 AM.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
    I'm sure she doesnt' snoop.....mercy.......she needed to take possession for the next tenant and She left the note on the outside once she saw Lauren hadn't moved, probably didnt' suspect she really shouldn't enter (without notice to tenant prior to entering) since she thought Lauren was going to be moved out already.
    I'm sure you're right but we are all speculating all kinds of outlandish scenarios here...my imagination can run wild too! I think she'd probably caught wind of the fact that people were looking for Lauren and she just wanted to "check."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GypsiesTramps&Thieves For This Useful Post:

Thanks, and --this is so strange -- now it's there for me, too. the whole long interview. But I swear that when I first went to the link, the video was a much shorter one, just an excerpt from the long interview, and the whole part about Lauren/Stephen, about Kaitlyn meeting SM, etc., was not in it... weird. The whole thing that played when I first went to the link wasn't more than a couple of minutes long at the most.

Guess everybody will think I'm nuts or really incompetent now ...but for real, it happened!!
    I don't think you're nuts! The same thing happened to me earlier today when I tried to watch it. It kept ending about a minute into the video.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McMunn For This Useful Post:

I also have a lot of problems with buffering at that site. Not to mention the video's auto-load and play.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McMunn View Post
    I don't think you're nuts! The same thing happened to me earlier today when I tried to watch it. It kept ending about a minute into the video.
    Whew! Thanks for the confirmation!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    I also have a lot of problems with buffering at that site. Not to mention the video's auto-load and play.
    I think the one I first got was the edited version that played on the news (which I had watched on TV) -- now it's obviously the raw version. But what I can't understand is why GypsiesTramps&Thieves had seen the raw one, posted the link, then I got the short one when I went there! Unless maybe I had been to the page earlier and it didn't reload (I know I hadn't watched the video, but might have read the print on that page). Oh, well --

Great interview, though. Kaitlyn handles herself very well with the media, I think.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 07-29-2011 at 03:24 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast