1293 users online (262 members and 1031 guests)  

Websleuths News

Pa. girl, 11, hit by lightning on sunny afternoon

CANONSBURG, Pa. (AP) An 11-year-old western Pennsylvania girl is recovering after she was struck by a bolt from the blue.

Lisa Wehrle tells the Observer-Reporter newspaper of Washington, Pa., that the sun was shining when her daughter, Britney, was struck by lightning

Friday, apparently from a storm several miles away.
    Lisa Wehrle says, "There was no rain. It was a beautiful day. All she heard was some thunder."

http://news.yahoo.com/pa-girl-11-hit...142649730.html

Praise the Lord she survived!!!!!!! But this is a lesson for all who read it, "when thunder roars, go indoors." If you are close enough to hear the thunder, you are close enough to be struck, regardless of the sky conditions. Lightning can hit 10 miles away from it's origin. (I'm a SKYWARN volunteer severe weather spotter for the NWS, so we learn this stuff.)

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I didn't know this could happen...

Wow, I'm glad she's okay, that's crazy.
    Just my, no one elses

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Wow, that's amazing! I didn't know that could happen either! But great advice, DK. Sadly, not very many people heed it.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

This drives me crazy. We all know that thunder is your warning to seek shelter, but I routinely attend sporting events where kids are allowed to remain on the field while it is thundering, as long as there is no lightning. It is worse when it is sunny, like in this case.

At the local rec league games, I will be the "crazy" mom and pull my child off the field even if the ref refuses to call it. But at HS games where I am up in the stands and have no access to my child, all I can do is pray and fume. (probably not a great combination)

Whenever you call them out on it, they state that it was a mistake and not their policy, but it doesn't change. I really wish coaches and refs would read this article (and the many other stories like it) and get a clue about what's really important!

So glad this girl is okay!

I think the article should be passed around the internet/e-mail for all to learn from.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.