783 users online (97 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 - # 1

Just heard about this case on Fox News. Did a search here at WS and didn't find anything about Celina. Here's the link to the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/27...ecticut-river/

Search is focusing on the Connecticut River ... doesn't sound good.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-01-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add missing date

Celina's missing poster
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just saw this on Fox for the first time..........I hope they get some more
    information out on this poor girl.

Exclamation NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 - # 1

A helicopter and search dogs combed areas of Stewartstown in extreme northern New Hampshire Tuesday for an 11-year-old who was missing when her family went to wake her in the morning.

Celina Cass, a lanky 11-year-old with a girlish smile, was last seen at 9 p.m. Monday in her bedroom on her computer, said her stepfather, Wendell Noyes.

She was gone the next morning. New Hampshire State Police said they don't know whether foul play is involved, and there was no evidence of a struggle at her home.

"Obviously, we're looking at every possibility," said state police Lt. Sheldon Belanger. "But it's really up in the air right now. It's kind of bizarre."

Belanger said dozens of people, several search dogs and a U.S. Border Patrol helicopter were looking for Cass Tuesday evening. They are focusing on Stewartstown, a town of 964 people wedged between Pittsburg to the north and Colebrook to the south.

Authorities said they have taken some evidence from the family home to try to track her down.

Landry said Cass gave no indication to her family members she was leaving.

"It was unlikely for her to make unannounced departures from her home," Landry said. The home is on Route 3 in the village of Stewartstown; nearby stores would have been closed by 9 p.m., Landry said.

He said Cass gets along with her family and had no medical issues that would prompt her to leave.

"She never goes out of the house," Noyes said in a brief telephone conversation. He said Monday night was normal, and Cass was gone when he went into her room Tuesday morning.

Snipped from: http://www.newhampshire.com/article/...29914/0/sports
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-01-2011 at 07:15 PM.

She's in my prayers.. i hope this had a happy ending.. weird statement about her never going out of the house... and i get a bad vibe about her being on the computer when last seen...

Oh no, only 11 and already missing at least one night at home, possibly two. I hope searches of the computer may turn up something fast. It would be interesting to know if any of her personal belongings were missing

http://www.wmur.com/news/28679347/detail.html

The FBI has joined the search for missing 11-year-old West Stewartstown girl Celina Cass, and the Fish and Game department has begun to use two boats to search the Connecticut River, officials said.
    Cass was last seen on her computer in her family's home on Washington Street at 9 p.m. Monday. When her parents went to wake her up the next morning, they told police she wasn't there.

I hope she didn't meet someone online...

At the peak of the search Tuesday, Gralenski said there were at least three dozen officers, New England K-9 handlers, and a search and rescue group assisting by water, air, and land, including ATV trails in the woods.

"We found no evidence that she had been in that area and of course, we have no evidence she is lost as opposed to missing, either," he said.

The area is densely wooded and there's little to no cell phone reception.

In addition to the river search Wednesday, some officers were searching areas where some of the dog teams showed some interest, Gralenski said.

Towles said in addition to her stepfather and sister, Celina lives with her mother, Louisa Noyes, who works part-time at a consignment shop in Colebrook. Her father is very ill and is hospitalized, she said.

Towles said her daughter asked her if she thought Celina was still alive.
    "How do I answer that question? And do I want to? I don't want to think about it, but I pray every second that she is," Towles said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...0b7b4affffa039

(Picture at link)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    Also from that link:
    Her stepfather's message to Cass: "Get your butt home."
    Really? Maybe that's just the stepfather's personality, but it seems like a harsh (and strange) response to the situation.

This whole situation has my hinky meter set on HIGH. Something is not right here...

Prayers for her. It seems to me - pretty obvious what happened - she met someone online and left.

You can tell by looking at her, she's going to be one of those girls who grows up to be absolutely lovely in her 20's, a bit awkward right now, but she'll grow into a swan.

Prayers that she's safe.

I also found that Wendell Noyes's uncle (his father's brother) is a registered sex offender who is not in compliance. His victim was under 13 years of age. I have not yet found any familial relationship with the other 2 Noyes men registered as sex offenders in the State of VT, but Norman Noyes and Gordon Noyes are related to Wendell as brother and uncle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Freja; 07-27-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Trying to make file viewable. Newbie at adding files here.

Towles said that in addition to her stepfather and sister, Celina lives with her mother, Louisa Noyes, who works part-time at a consignment shop in Colebrook. Her father is very ill and is hospitalized, she said.
    Snipped: http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18560110

Step-father was last to see her and first to notice her missing....is this correct?

I'm having a hard time thinking internet-related....11 years old and no prior running off....

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast