Not open for further replies.
Celina's missing poster

Attachments

• Celina Cass.jpg
    Celina Cass.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 105
I just saw this on Fox for the first time..........I hope they get some more
information out on this poor girl.

A helicopter and search dogs combed areas of Stewartstown in extreme northern New Hampshire Tuesday for an 11-year-old who was missing when her family went to wake her in the morning.

Celina Cass, a lanky 11-year-old with a girlish smile, was last seen at 9 p.m. Monday in her bedroom on her computer, said her stepfather, Wendell Noyes.

She was gone the next morning. New Hampshire State Police said they don't know whether foul play is involved, and there was no evidence of a struggle at her home.

"Obviously, we're looking at every possibility," said state police Lt. Sheldon Belanger. "But it's really up in the air right now. It's kind of bizarre."

Belanger said dozens of people, several search dogs and a U.S. Border Patrol helicopter were looking for Cass Tuesday evening. They are focusing on Stewartstown, a town of 964 people wedged between Pittsburg to the north and Colebrook to the south.

Authorities said they have taken some evidence from the family home to try to track her down.

Landry said Cass gave no indication to her family members she was leaving.

"It was unlikely for her to make unannounced departures from her home," Landry said. The home is on Route 3 in the village of Stewartstown; nearby stores would have been closed by 9 p.m., Landry said.

He said Cass gets along with her family and had no medical issues that would prompt her to leave.

"She never goes out of the house," Noyes said in a brief telephone conversation. He said Monday night was normal, and Cass was gone when he went into her room Tuesday morning.

Snipped from: http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110726/NEWS07/110729914/0/sports

She's in my prayers.. i hope this had a happy ending.. weird statement about her never going out of the house... and i get a bad vibe about her being on the computer when last seen...

Oh no, only 11 and already missing at least one night at home, possibly two. I hope searches of the computer may turn up something fast. It would be interesting to know if any of her personal belongings were missing

http://www.wmur.com/news/28679347/detail.html

The FBI has joined the search for missing 11-year-old West Stewartstown girl Celina Cass, and the Fish and Game department has begun to use two boats to search the Connecticut River, officials said.
Cass was last seen on her computer in her family's home on Washington Street at 9 p.m. Monday. When her parents went to wake her up the next morning, they told police she wasn't there.

I hope she didn't meet someone online...

At the peak of the search Tuesday, Gralenski said there were at least three dozen officers, New England K-9 handlers, and a search and rescue group assisting by water, air, and land, including ATV trails in the woods.

"We found no evidence that she had been in that area and of course, we have no evidence she is lost as opposed to missing, either," he said.

The area is densely wooded and there's little to no cell phone reception.

In addition to the river search Wednesday, some officers were searching areas where some of the dog teams showed some interest, Gralenski said.

Towles said in addition to her stepfather and sister, Celina lives with her mother, Louisa Noyes, who works part-time at a consignment shop in Colebrook. Her father is very ill and is hospitalized, she said.

Towles said her daughter asked her if she thought Celina was still alive.
"How do I answer that question? And do I want to? I don't want to think about it, but I pray every second that she is," Towles said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5imT0dyOBWW2GAKmdESQBCv_byiSQ?docId=60ebe7d55e4d4ed8910b7b4affffa039

(Picture at link)

missinggirl324dcew_244x183.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20084109-504083.html

This whole situation has my hinky meter set on HIGH. Something is not right here...

Prayers for her. It seems to me - pretty obvious what happened - she met someone online and left.

You can tell by looking at her, she's going to be one of those girls who grows up to be absolutely lovely in her 20's, a bit awkward right now, but she'll grow into a swan.

Prayers that she's safe.

I also found that Wendell Noyes's uncle (his father's brother) is a registered sex offender who is not in compliance. His victim was under 13 years of age. I have not yet found any familial relationship with the other 2 Noyes men registered as sex offenders in the State of VT, but Norman Noyes and Gordon Noyes are related to Wendell as brother and uncle.

Attachments

• Noyes family sex offenders.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 103
Step-father was last to see her and first to notice her missing....is this correct?

I'm having a hard time thinking internet-related....11 years old and no prior running off....

Step-father was last to see her and first to notice her missing....is this correct?

I'm having a hard time thinking internet-related....11 years old and no prior running off....

Um hm I'm beginning to think that way too. At first it seemed kind of obvious to me that she ran away, but in rethinking it seems kind of clear that was out of her character. The story is odd in that the parents "went in to wake her up in the morning". Who wakes up an 11 year old during the summer?

I don't have a good feeling about this one. Hope I'm wrong. :(

Um hm I'm beginning to think that way too. At first it seemed kind of obvious to me that she ran away, but in rethinking it seems kind of clear that was out of her character. The story is odd in that the parents "went in to wake her up in the morning". Who wakes up an 11 year old during the summer?

I do if we have somewhere to go.

I don't find that odd but I'm wondering if the parents were home all night since they say she was last seen at 9 p.m. Monday in her bedroom on her computer. No one saw to it that she went to bed?

That's disturbing and scary to learn that there are sex offenders in the step-father's family--and that he was the last person to see her. Does anyone know how long he had been her step-father? Or how old the sister is?

I do if we have somewhere to go.

I don't find that odd but I'm wondering if the parents were home all night since they say she was last seen at 9 p.m. Monday in her bedroom on her computer. No one saw to it that she went to bed?

Well, she's 11. I could see saying goodnight at that time and going to bed if I were tired, especially given her history of good behavior. In the summer, I don't think my 11 year olds had a bed time, they'd just fall asleep at 10:30 or so . . . when they got tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth