MO grandmother shot in face with ARROW while inside eating breakfast

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman eating breakfast hit by arrow, which lodged in her mouth

ST. JOHN, Mo. -- An 80-year-old St. Louis County woman is recovering after she was struck by an arrow while eating breakfast in her home.

KMOX Radio said Margaret Shofner was struck Tuesday morning when the arrow came through her window and lodged in her mouth. It was shot by a man who was shooting target practice nearby.
---
(more, with picture of woman, at KMBC link above)
---
The suspect, identified as 26-year-old Robert Joiner, was using target practice arrows which have no razor edges, so Shofner was able to pull the arrow from her head.
---
(more, with pictures of shooter and weapon, at KMOX link below)

Man Could Be Charged After Arrow Pierces Woman’s Face

What a horrifying freak accident!!! You aren't even safe sitting the breakfast table, eating your breakfast!

It's another of those headlines where I had to blink twice to see if I'd read
it right. I blinked twice and then squinted at the screen, actually, on this one.

Holey moley! I've never thought to worry that I might get shot in the face with an arrow while eating my Fruity Pebbles, but now...

Just an FYI. This is what practice arrows look like:

practice_arrow_tips.jpg

http://www.sharpeningshack.net/images/practice_arrow_tips.jpg

It's not like they're nerf or anything. They just aren't like these ones below, with razors on them:

4_blade_broadhead.jpg

Wow, and to think I was grumpy because I thought my morning got off to a rough start because someone used the last eggs in the carton! :waitasec: I'm gonna have to reconsider the whole rough morning concept.

Thankfully she wasn't hurt any worse.
It was shot by a man who was shooting target practice nearby.

Clearly, he needs his target practice.

My granny nearly got hit by a stray New Year's rocket watching television one year but we had triple glazing in the window and it got past only the two first layers so that saved her.

There are truly some freaky ways that you can get injured.

There are truly some freaky ways that you can get injured.

I got hit by a javelin once, after it bounced on concrete and splintered. Fortunately I had more
stomach muscle back then and was only grazed. Lesson: never try to catch a bouncing javelin.

Wow that had to hurt! Poor little thing. :( But I am glad she is ok!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back