Tropical Storm Don To Hit Texas Friday or Friday Night

Dark Knight

Reaction score
The strong tropical wave that emerged off the coast of Africa over a week ago has become the next named system in the Atlantic Basin while taking a path toward Texas.

Don is forecast to track through the western Gulf of Mexico tonight into Friday, and could reach minimal hurricane status along the way.

AccuWeather.com meteorologists have pinpointed landfall to occur either late on Friday or Friday night.

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/ne...oss-gulf-of-mexico-he.asp?partner=accuweather

Yay! Hopefully, that means lots of rain for us! :D

Yay! Hopefully, that means lots of rain for us! :D

I hope you get well watered Tuffy. Seems like part of the country is fighting flooded rivers and the other half of the country is lacking rain.

Wish we could send you some of the excess Missouri river water!

Dk, did u read abt the LARGE tropical wave barreling this way at 20 mph? Hmm might be something to keep an eye on. Its midway between Africa and the Lesser Antilles right now.

I hope you get well watered Tuffy. Seems like part of the country is fighting flooded rivers and the other half of the country is lacking rain.

Wish we could send you some of the excess Missouri river water!

HA! I live about 4 blocks from said flooded river and I have cracks in my yard you could lose a small dog in! Crazy! I at least live on the "high" side of the river and could use rain badly. I hope anybody that gets the rain shares it here!

located about 1200 miles east-southeast of the Lesser
Antilles. This disturbance is showing signs of organization...and
environmental conditions are conducive for gradual development over
the next few days. This system has a medium chance...30 percent...
of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves
westward or west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph

So far it still seems like the hurricanes are either going around or slowing down around that oil spill. Anxious to see if the pattern continues throughout the hurricane season.

HA! I live about 4 blocks from said flooded river and I have cracks in my yard you could lose a small dog in! Crazy! I at least live on the "high" side of the river and could use rain badly. I hope anybody that gets the rain shares it here!

Wow that is weird!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back