980 users online (153 members and 827 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1166
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,282
    Will there be a thread where we can discuss what Pat Brown has to say? I have never heard of her book and know little about her
    England's dancing days are done...

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,678
    Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    Will there be a thread where we can discuss what Pat Brown has to say? I have never heard of her book and know little about her
    There is usually a thread for the radio show...a link should be posted sometime over the weekend, not sure which forum it would be under in this case...possibly Haleigh C.'s since that case will be discussed as well.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    remotely
    Posts
    42,943
    The Tribune India newspaper reported two Americans also believed the little girl was Madeleine, but the French woman denied the claims, saying it was her biological daughter.
    DNA tests are still being processed to determine if the little girl is indeed Madeleine, but McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said Kate and Gerry don't believe it's their daughter.
    "They have seen photographic evidence and concluded that it was not her," Mitchell said, the U.K. Sun reported.
    The same sentiments were shared on the Facebook group, Find Madeleine.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/29/girl-in-india-not-madeleine-mccanns-say

    http://www.facebook.com/Official.Find.Madeleine.Campaign?sk=wall

    You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.


    My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.



    Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.




    http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    If the McCann children were drugged, the top suspects to have done the drugging were the....

    Oh wait. Let's not go there.
    Well, while we ARE going there anyway, lol, don't you wonder if this sighting with DNA testing even raised an eyebrow of either McCann? Just one itsy bitsy little sign of hopefulness? Was there any surveillance as to their demeanor during the "wait"?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389

    Warning - don't be duped!

    One of the problems with the case is that there was strict judicial secrecy surrounding the case in the early days and the tabloids published a lot of very damaging misinformation. Unfortunately, this spawned a hate campaign led by former (ie failed) solictor Tony Bennett who was also a failed politician (he was ejected from no fewer than three political parties). Bennett and his small group of followers continue to spread their bizarre theories on the social networking sites and are proud to claim 710 signatures of support on a petition which has been running for almost a year now (the McCann's petition has almost 70,000 signatures now). I should mention that Bennett's petition has approximately 50 signatories who obviously think they are signing the McCann petition.

    I have been involved in creating a wiki rebutting 50 claims about the McCann case which Bennett claims are "facts" which the British media aren't telling us about the McCann case. I can say, hand on bible that I didn't come across a single quote in this leaflet which had been given correctly. He paraphrases forum posts and claims them as quotes by the McCanns. He even invented an entire telephone conversation between Gerry McCann and Clarence Mitchell and uploaded it onto the internet. Case followers will know it's a fabrication - an attempt at "humour" but nowhere does Bennett offer a disclaimer to the effect and casual readers might be duped into thinking it is authentic. He also wrote a sick parody of a Christmas carol about Madeleine and has made lewd suggestions about a photo of her.

    Here is the rebuttal
    http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks...6140/Main-Page

    Sadly, Bennett's latest disciple is non other than (self-educated) US profiler Pat Brown. She has written an ebook about the case outlining what she describes as an "imagined scenario". Her ebook is introduced with a disclaimer warning the reader not to misinterpret her opinion as fact. She also emphasises the fact that she has not worked on the case and has not interviewed anyone involved in the case. With the exception of Kate McCann's book and the police files (which she clearly has not read in any depth) her list of references are purely anti-McCann.
    If you read her ebook, please also read my rebuttal of it:-

    http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks...90/Pat%20Brown

    Her theory quite simply is a very far-fetched conspiracy theory which requires the reader to disregard over 20 witness statements.
    If you want a quick reference Ramsey case comparison - think E2 and her Santa did it and all those "clues" which she saw in everything Santa and Janet ever did.

    The first time I Pat brown came to my attention, was when I read a blog post she had written in October 2007. IN it, she slammed Kate McCann for never having directly appealed to Madeleine's abductor. At the time of this blog post, the McCanns (including Kate on her own) had appealed directly to the abductor on no fewer than three occasions. The first was the day after Madeleine disappeared and was captured by TV cameras to become an iconic clip about the case. The second smilarly so, when Kate McCann made her appeal in English and then in Portuguese "Please don't hurt her..."

    http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks...ut-the-McCanns

    Brown was selling her ebook on Amaxon for 2.12 a pop. Too late, I put a tracker on her sales and I missed her peak sales period. However, over the past three weeks she was making about 100 per week of it. A few days ago, Amazon pulled it worldwide because the McCanns took legal action against it for defamation. Brown wants to convince the world that Madeleine is dead and that we shouldn't be looking for her. The McCanns are desperate that people believe she is alive and findable because whilst they accept it is possible, there is no proof that she is dead. The anti-McCanns remain convinced that she is dead because of the dog "evidence". This is depsite the dog trainer himself warning that the dogs are just a tool. The "cadaver" dog actually alerts to cadaver odour AND blood from a living person. Neither dog is capable of distinguishing between individual human beings. Only the discovery of a corpse can verify the accuracy of the dogs. IN a recent case of a missing person in the UK (Shannon Matthews), the cadaver dogs alerted in the apartment of a relative. It later transpired that the cadaver odour had come from the furniture which was second hand and whose previous owner had died. Fortunately, Shannon was found alive and it could be determined that this had been a false alert.

    Pat brown is desperate to sell her ebook. For several weeks she has been trying desperately but unsuccessfully to get an interview with the media about it. When her book was pulled by Amazon, she was urged to make it a free download. Instead, she has uploaded onto some other ebook sites and she is still charging for it. I have a fundamental issue with people who sell misinformation as she is doing.

    For starters, she suggests that Gerry McCann found Madeleine dead when he did the first check at 9.05pm (this was half an hour after they left the children asleep in the apartment). Brown's theory has Gerry not returning to the restaurant, but rather sitting in the apartment for twenty minutes whilst he tried to decide what to do about the Madeleine "situation" (Brown's words). She then suggests he ran through the streets of Paraia da Luz with his daughter's corpse before dumping it on a beach more than half a mile away. She suggests he was seen by an Irish family called Smith at 10pm. We know he ordered his meal before her went to do his check. Brown does not address this uneaten meal or why no-one was worried about his non-return to the table.

    Brown believes that Kate McCann was oblivious to her daughter's demise until she did her check at 10pm (no explanation re Kate's concern about her husband's non return/uneaten meal or why she did her own check at 10pm when Gerry had not returned from his!). Brown then has Gerry McCann miraculously back at the apartment (at the same time as she has the Irish family seeing him half a mile away STILL with Madeleine). Now Gerry is telling Kate and their seven friends that poor Madeleine is dead and that he has disposed of her body. Without hesitation, Brown has all of the friends instantly agreeing to cover up Madeleine's death and the police are called immediately. She offers as a motive for this callous conspiracy that they were concerned that they would get into trouble for leaving their children unattended. She does NOT explain why all nine of them immediately told the police that they had done just that.

    It's an absurd theory which has the McCanns moving their daughter's decomposing body three times - the last being to take her to either Spain or England. Brown believes it's quite feasible that they put Madeleine's (by now putrifying) body into a rucksack and took it home in the plane to bury it in another happy-to-cover-up-a-child's-death relative in England.
    Cause of death? Brown suggests an overdose of Calpol sedative tablets for toddlers. That Calpol is not a sedative was one of the earliest myths to be debunked seems to be of no concern to her. It has been pointed out to her on the forums and she is dismissive of this fundemental blooper saying "Well there is Calpol Night"... Yes, there was Calpol Night and it came on the market in September 2007 - Madeleine went missing in May 2007. To this she reponds - well some other sedative then.... THAT pretty much sums up her concern with doing the research and getting her facts right. If anyone points out her misinformation (and there is plenty of it) she calls us "haters". Well I am a hater of misinformation that's for sure. If you are going to accuse someone of covering up a heinous crime, please base it on facts. Please don't try to make a buck or a thousand from "imagined scenarios" about people who are trying to find a missing child.

    What really floored me about Pat Brown though is that several weeks after publishing her ebook accusing Gerry McCann of callously dumping his daughter's body rather than seeking medical help, is that she posted a totally different theory on facebook saying that THIS was her theory. Instead of Gerry working alone whilst his wife dined obliviously nearby, she had Kate raising the alarm that madeleine was missing and then all of the friends returning to the apartment and finding Madeleine's body. Stunning!

    The fact is that there are more than a dozen witnesses who are not connected to the McCanns who verify that Gerry McCann was raising the alarm and running about the apartment complex looking for Madeleine in the minutes after 10pm. Apart from the obvious contradiction Brown makes where she has Gerry being spotted by the Irish family at 10pm half a mile away from the apartment and still carrying Madeleine, it would take him some time to reach the beach from the witness point, dispose of a body and then get back to the apartments.

    She also asks ther eader to completely disregard the eyewitness sighting of Jane tanner - Why? Because Tanner was a friend - every reason to lie. She misleads the readers when she says that tanner did not tell the McCanns about her sighting in the days following the abduction. This is grossly misleading. Tanner did not DISCUSS her sighting of a man carrying what could be Madeleine McCann away from the apartments. She DID inform police of it immediately and the police told Gerry McCann fairly quickly (I don't have precise times but he knew about it the same night). Tanner says she didn't discuss it because she didn't want to add to their torment re the implications of this. The way that Brown portrays it, it's as though hasn't informed anyone of her sighting.

    Basically, her theory does not add up. The McCann group were not all close friends of the couple. Despite the obvious unlikelihood of these people IMMEDIATELY agreeing to cover up a child's death and kicking into action IMMEDIATELY to make it seem as though they were looking for her, they have no motive for risking a potential jail sentence for people who weren't close friends.

    Brown allows no time for shock, disbelief, arguments, anger at gerry for dumping her body on the beach... This is not a Ramsey situation where they had all night to form a plan. Brown has them doing it instantly. She says herself that from a profiler's perspective, there is no way the McCanns could have gone to dinner and behaved normally if they knew their daughter was dead. There are several independent witnesses who say the McCanns appeared quite normal that night - laughing and joking with their friends.

    I am stunned this evening to learn that Brown is to be interviewed on Websleuths radio. I sincerely hope that Tricia will ask her to address the infeasibility of the "imagined scenario" she wants to sell to the American public.

    Edit to add link to blog about her posting contradicting theory:-

    http://exposingthemyths.blogspot.com...gled-webs.html
    Last edited by Jayelles; 07-30-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    21,765
    Dear Jayelles,

    Thank you for your post.

    On Websleuths Radio we try our best to have all types of people. Some you will like, others you won't.

    In fact I would give anything to have Lin Wood on even thought I disagree with him on everything and think he is a liar but I still want to talk to him. Fat chance however.

    Pat Brown is someone I like and I do found her work interesting and informative. However, that doesn't mean I won't ask the tough questions.

    I'm not out to make friends. I am out to get to the truth on all cases. Ms. Brown knows I will ask the tough questions and am I anxious to hear her response to the discrepancies you bring up in this post and on your web page.

    It is going to be an interesting show to say the least.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post

    Sadly, Bennett's latest disciple is non other than (self-educated) US profiler Pat Brown. She has written an ebook about the case outlining what she describes as an "imagined scenario". Her ebook is introduced with a disclaimer warning the reader not to misinterpret her opinion as fact. She also emphasises the fact that she has not worked on the case and has not interviewed anyone involved in the case. With the exception of Kate McCann's book and the police files (which she clearly has not read in any depth) her list of references are purely anti-McCann.
    If you read her ebook, please also read my rebuttal of it:-

    http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks...90/Pat%20Brown

    Her theory quite simply is a very far-fetched conspiracy theory which requires the reader to disregard over 20 witness statements.
    Pat Brown doesn't seem like the "disciple" type to me. She seems to know her stuff and I respect her as a profiler.

    The McCann case is still an open book to some of us. Most of the "witnesses" were friends of the McCanns who also left their children alone that night. Some of them were fellow doctors who said they were checking on the children when really they were peeking in the door and couldn't see them at all. Many of the "eyewitness" moments turned out to be misidentifications, such as the "egg-head" man carrying his own child home for the night.

    The Abductor and the EggMan

    This is an unsolved case (obviously, or these rumors wouldn't fly) and the little girl is still missing. Pat Brown's theories seem just as valid as anyone else's. JMOO

    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Pat Brown is a good speaker and she's good at explaining the theory of profiling. Unfortunately, she has made a judgement on the McCann case which breaches her own principles of profiling and she has not equipped herself well with the facts of the case or with European laws.

    I fear that in this case she is allowing her heart to rule her head. The problem is that the person who gets most hurt by this sort of interference is the child who remains missing.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Pat Brown is a good speaker and she's good at explaining the theory of profiling. Unfortunately, she has made a judgement on the McCann case which breaches her own principles of profiling and she has not equipped herself well with the facts of the case or with European laws.

    I fear that in this case she is allowing her heart to rule her head. The problem is that the person who gets most hurt by this sort of interference is the child who remains missing.
    From what I understand (I haven't read her book yet because it's not available in hard cover or paperback YET but will buy it as soon as it is), Pat Brown offers an opinion in her book and it's only an opinion based on facts presented in the case.

    Frankly, I'd rather buy a book with an unbiased opinion about the case rather than read Kate McCann's personal details. I've read enough online about Kate's book to realize it's all about her. Sorry, I'm not interested. I want to know what happened to Madeleine.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post

    Sadly, Bennett's latest disciple is non other than (self-educated) US profiler Pat Brown. She has written an ebook about the case outlining what she describes as an "imagined scenario". Her ebook is introduced with a disclaimer warning the reader not to misinterpret her opinion as fact. She also emphasises the fact that she has not worked on the case and has not interviewed anyone involved in the case. With the exception of Kate McCann's book and the police files (which she clearly has not read in any depth) her list of references are purely anti-McCann.
    If you read her ebook, please also read my rebuttal of it:-

    http://madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks...90/Pat%20Brown

    [/URL]
    She offers her theory from the starting point of these being neglectful parents. Leaving three toddlers in a foreign vacation apartment while you wine and dine is egregious behavior. She is starting her profile from that point. It's not that big a leap to an accidental death. The children were completely unattended, and there's little to no evidence of an intruder. She believes the Martin Smith sighting rather than the Jane Tanner sighting. This is a case in which the witnesses should be polygraphed (since the 48 questions are still out there unanswered).

    I choose to believe the dog evidence. The hits outside the apartment make me wonder if Madeleine fell out the window and broke her neck.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    I start my theory with three young children being left completely alone in an unlocked apartment while their parents go out to drink and socialize with friends. That pretty much is a mouthful there. This sets the scene of the story....and its not good.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    228
    The 48 Questions were designed to implicate Kate McCann. They were in no way of any use in finding Madeleine. And some of them were downright insulting.
    If you read The 48 Questions you will see that Kate had already answered several of them in a previous unlogged interview, as this is mentioned in the questions.
    After Kate was made an Arguido she was advised of her rights by her lawyer in that she did not have to answer them at that time. Obviously The Portuguese Police were aware of this.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
    The 48 Questions were designed to implicate Kate McCann. They were in no way of any use in finding Madeleine. And some of them were downright insulting.
    If you read The 48 Questions you will see that Kate had already answered several of them in a previous unlogged interview, as this is mentioned in the questions.
    After Kate was made an Arguido she was advised of her rights by her lawyer in that she did not have to answer them at that time. Obviously The Portuguese Police were aware of this.
    Gerry had no problem answering them. Kate did.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Gerry had no problem answering them. Kate did.
    The PJ thought that Kate was the perpetrator. This will have made a difference in their attitude and approach.

    Gerry was also advised not to answer but chose to ignore his Lawyer's advice.
    One can hardly blame Kate for taking the advice. This is normal in Portugal.
    There is nothing strange about refusing to answer questions that are designed to implicate.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
    The 48 Questions were designed to implicate Kate McCann. They were in no way of any use in finding Madeleine. And some of them were downright insulting.
    If you read The 48 Questions you will see that Kate had already answered several of them in a previous unlogged interview, as this is mentioned in the questions.
    After Kate was made an Arguido she was advised of her rights by her lawyer in that she did not have to answer them at that time. Obviously The Portuguese Police were aware of this.
    I read the questions...To me, it looks like they were trying to get to the truth.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...swer--did.html

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Madeleine McCann Forum is Open
    By Tricia in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:46 AM
  2. Madeleine Mccann was taken and abused and murdered
    By Clutchbag in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 08:53 PM