1145 users online (230 members and 915 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78
Results 1,156 to 1,166 of 1166
  1. #1156
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,786
    The McCanns think she's dead, that's obvious by their Crimewatch appearance.

    They didn't once refer to getting her back...they not only think she's dead, they also think she is gone.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  2. #1157
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I can't remember where I read that the McCanns thought there would be a "listening service" at this resort, but when they learned there wasn't one, their system of checking in on their children was basically their own " listening service", meaning they went to the room and stood at the door and listened, and if no sounds assumed the children were ok. Do I have this right? If so, could Madeleine not have gone missing earlier?
    How would just standing at a door and listening tell them that the kids were ok? It's bothered me since I read it. How do you even know that the kids are in the room just by listening?
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

  3. #1158
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by haden View Post
    It was published in the resort's booklet by mistake. McCanns saw it before they arrived and they counted on it.
    I think little before their trip Kate emailed Mark Warner and they told her this service is present in many resorts but not in Portugal. They even got a discount for this reason.
    Mark Warner very soon removed the booklet in question.from their site and they also stopped all the listening services in all of their resorts around the world.
    What is a listening service?
    The above mentioned text and views are my opinion and mine alone.

  4. #1159
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    excellent you wont have to deal with those pesky IDI crowd who refuse to call a parent a killer or worse without evidence
    But there is evidence. It may be disregarded and excused by some ... But it's certainly there.... There is actually more pointing toward parental involvement than an intruder.

    It's not enough for a conviction but the possibility must be considered by anyone seriously interested in finding Madeleine and justice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  5. #1160
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    But there is evidence. It may be disregarded and excused by some ... But it's certainly there.... There is actually more pointing toward parental involvement than an intruder.

    It's not enough for a conviction but the possibility must be considered by anyone seriously interested in finding Madeleine and justice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That is your opinion

    My opinion and many like me including SY who are actually investigating the case and have access to everything say that there is nothing that points to the parents they have never ever been charged .

    Its when I see peopled being smeared as paedophiles that I get angry - not directed at you - just a passing comment

    anyway lwe will agree to disagree I feel as until I see some hard facts about little things like

    How they did it

    where did they hide a body

    who was involved

    Forensics of said evidence

    how they moved the body to the hire car

    maybe even a snippet of a time line


    I see lots of accusations but not even a theory about the detail

  6. #1161
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherwell View Post
    Up to about forty years ago that was normal practice. After a number of cases of babies being snatched, people stopped doing it. As far as I recall (I was a child myself at the time) these were mostly cases of disturbed women taking the babies, women who had lost their own babies.



    I'm British and I certainly consider myself European. But there are many different peoples in Europe, a Scandinavian is different from a Latin who is different from a Slav .....
    I was about to write the same thing. My great grandmom lived in Europe before bringing my grandmom to the US. I heard stories about her eating lunch at cafés while a little one was asleep in a carriage outside. Seems that was ok in certain parts of the country. IMO

  7. #1162
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    sometime I get the impression that people are more interested in "punishing" the mcanns as opposed to finding out what actually happened

    If it is ever proved beyond reasonable doubt that they were responsible for her death or disposal then they will go down as the biggest most evil pair since Brady and Hindley

    BUT until that day comes I am more interested in the SY . the PJ using their energies to find out the truth and who is responsible .

    I am not really interested in a constant narrative about the babysitting / checking . Both authorities have said that what they did was not advisable but within the law . I know this view is not popular here and people would like the Mcanns to be for ever dammed for it.
    B b m
    No sheet. It doesn't matter what the parents do or say, some people want them found guilty. I hope the truth comes out soon so the Mccans will be left alone. IMO

  8. #1163
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,281
    Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    That is your opinion

    My opinion and many like me including SY who are actually investigating the case and have access to everything say that there is nothing that points to the parents they have never ever been charged .

    Its when I see peopled being smeared as paedophiles that I get angry - not directed at you - just a passing comment

    anyway lwe will agree to disagree I feel as until I see some hard facts about little things like

    How they did it

    where did they hide a body

    who was involved

    Forensics of said evidence

    how they moved the body to the hire car

    maybe even a snippet of a time line


    I see lots of accusations but not even a theory about the detail

  9. #1164
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157
    Knock off the personal attacks please

  10. #1165
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by blefuscu View Post
    I can't swear for mainland Europe but leaving babies in prams/pushchairs in the UK outside shops would get you arrested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherwell View Post
    Up to about forty years ago that was normal practice. After a number of cases of babies being snatched, people stopped doing it. As far as I recall (I was a child myself at the time) these were mostly cases of disturbed women taking the babies, women who had lost their own babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    I was about to write the same thing. My great grandmom lived in Europe before bringing my grandmom to the US. I heard stories about her eating lunch at cafés while a little one was asleep in a carriage outside. Seems that was ok in certain parts of the country. IMO
    Having thought about that some more ...

    At the time I was referring to, it was still common for babies to be taken out in prams (perambulators). These were often huge, and even pushchairs were quite cumbersome things back then. You had to leave them outside in many cases, there would have been no room for them inside the shop or café. So if the baby was asleep, people did tend to leave them in the pram.

    There just weren't lightweight baby carriages and folding buggies in those days - they hadn't been invented. So it's easy to see why people did what they did.


  11. #1166
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherwell View Post
    Having thought about that some more ...

    At the time I was referring to, it was still common for babies to be taken out in prams (perambulators). These were often huge, and even pushchairs were quite cumbersome things back then. You had to leave them outside in many cases, there would have been no room for them inside the shop or café. So if the baby was asleep, people did tend to leave them in the pram.

    There just weren't lightweight baby carriages and folding buggies in those days - they hadn't been invented. So it's easy to see why people did what they did.
    True, and even now, many small stores are not carriage-friendly! They are not really welcome in some types of stores-if the stores are small and narrow, a baby carriage is a real bother! I just stayed out of those kinds of stores when my children were in a double stroller-and where the merchant was really unfriendly, never went back

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78


Similar Threads

  1. Madeleine McCann Forum is Open
    By Tricia in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:46 AM
  2. Madeleine Mccann was taken and abused and murdered
    By Clutchbag in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 08:53 PM