1225 users online (236 members and 989 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Ame Deal murder case: Sammantha Allen's family members told police about horrific abuse, defense says

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ays/477954001/

Sammantha Allen's defense attorney on Thursday tried to discredit earlier testimony by her mother by showing clips of young family members telling Phoenix police about horrific abuse that Ame Deal endured long before her death.

Attorney John Curry sought to counter Cynthia Stolzmann's claim that she never told Allen it was OK to discipline Ame by locking her in a box and that only a few family members knew about the punishment method.

Stolzmann previously said only she, her mother and brother were involved with Ame's discipline. However, after watching the clips, Stoltzmann admitted that every adult in her family was involved in abusing her.
    Sammantha Allen's death-penalty hearing will likely continue for two more weeks. The next hearing is set for 10:30 a.m. July 17.

Don't know if too many people are following this, but found some tweets from July 12th....

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~

What a thoroughly nasty piece of human garbage, she should be put in a box herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    wondering why there are no more tweets for this week?

Couldn't find any recent articles on this either.

JUSTICE for AME!
    The coverage for the trial felt inconsistent. She was in court this past week but no ruling has been made.

Here's some tweets (one from July 27th):
    (all from https://twitter.com/courtpio )

State v Sammantha Allen: Closing arguments will begin on Monday at 10:30am.

from Monday, July 31st:
    State v Sammantha Allen: Closing arguments are today at 10:30am in SCT 5A.

Closing arguments in State v Sammantha Allen to start shortly.

State v Sammantha Allen: The jury has entered the courtroom.

State v Sammantha Allen: Judge Teresa Sanders is reading final jury instructions for the penalty phase.

Closing arguments in the penalty phase of State v Sammantha Allen will resume at 1:30 pm.

State v Sammantha Allen: closing arguments in the penalty phase resume.

State v Sammantha Allen: Closing arguments of the penalty phase continue tomorrow at 10:30am. (defense rebuttal)

That's all I found....

I know that Ame's uncle goes on trial on August 7th.

JUSTICE for AME!

Death or life in prison? Jury soon will decide Sammantha Allen's fate

Defense attorney Jeremy Bogart said Allen forgot to let Ame out of the box.

The defense has listed mitigating factors that could have influenced Allen's actions, in an effort to persuade jurors to impose a life sentence instead of the death penalty.
    Deputy County Attorney Jeannette Gallagher said Allen chose to let Ame suffocate and die in the box overnight.

"Defendant (Allen) took Ame's life for no reason," Gallagher said.

From August 1st:
    all from: https://twitter.com/courtpio

State v Sammantha Allen penalty phase is underway. (Defense Rebuttal)

State v Sammantha Allen will resume at 1:30pm.

State v Sammantha Allen: The jury has gone back to the jury room to begin the deliberation process.

State v Sammantha Allen: The jury has gone home for the day and will return tomorrow at 9am to resume deliberations.

and one from today:

1 hour ago
    https://twitter.com/courtpio

finally! Jury sent to deliberate life or death #amedeal

I'm going to guess that the jury is back this morning for Verdict deliberations.... nothing on the tweets.

Also I believe the uncle's trial should be starting today also??

JUSTICE for AME!

sorry - this is Pacific time.... two more hours. Was thinking Eastern time! Too many hours to figure out from here!

Well - according to my calculations - it's a little after 10am in the morning there - I see no tweets.

I'll keep an eye out for any if they pop up. Today is Monday, right?

Jury has reached verdict in penalty phase of State v Sammantha Allen. Verdict will be read at 11:45 am in Courtroom 5A in South Court Tower.
    2 mins ago

from https://twitter.com/courtpio

it wouldn't let me copy the tweeter the regular way....

so in about 40 mins from now.

JUSTICE for AME!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast